GDT: Devils @ Ducks 10:00 PM ESPN+, HULU

eaglejelly

34 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

As much as we rag on Nass ad Recchi (and they absolutely deserve all the sh!t they get), the buck eventually will have to stop with Ruff.  Nass and Recchi are not coaching on their respective islands and Ruff could step in at any time to help fix these.  Instead, I am seeing quotes from Ruff last night after the game where he is blaming jet lag (!!!!) as a reason for the poor performance of the team.

That's super-cringe.

Yeah, for the first time, I’m starting to wonder about Ruff.  Some of his quotes lately seem iffy.  And I can’t help but wonder why he appears to be fine with nASS and Wrecky as assistants.

I do have to be fair and point out that the goalie situation has been screwy from the start of the season, and losing Hughes in Game 2 hurt plenty, but the special teams shouldn’t be this much of a fvcking problem.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If the nice guy with the C on his chest would stop skating like the C was up his a$$....

I thought it was a cool story when they gave Nico the C although somewhat premature.  As time goes on the coolness has worn off and I'm more convinced it was definitely premature. I was hoping he would mature and grow into a top player who leads by example on the ice.  I don't think a team needs to have a C, I actually think it's worse when you have one that underachieves on the ice. 

Not writing his career off by any means but I do have buyers remorse that he's carrying the C at this point. I don't think it was earned and it certainly can be weighing him down. 

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

His exact words/quote was "We didn't skate very well.  I thought maybe the travel caught up to us."

That's embarrassing and should of never been said in this situation, did anybody remind him it's fvcking Nov 2nd?

2 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

He forgot to mention that it was a tough building

That’s always a classic. In hindsight, I think Ruff is shuffling with the lines too much. Let the players develop chemistry otherwise it looks like it did last night - like they’ve never played together before. Not excusing the players at all but stop with all the shuffling.

1 hour ago, devlman said:

That’s always a classic. In hindsight, I think Ruff is shuffling with the lines too much. Let the players develop chemistry otherwise it looks like it did last night - like they’ve never played together before. Not excusing the players at all but stop with all the shuffling.

coach shuffling is the ultimate damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

If the lines are not working half the fan base will roar that things doesnt work and he's not changing anything. And if he change his lines, then the other half will say that they don't have time to build chemistry.

If guys like Sharangovich, Hischier, Kuokkanen, and Tatar were finding the back of the net, Ruff likely wouldn't be shuffling as much as he has.  Out of the 32 games between those four players, they have a combined 2 goals.  Tatar is doing everything but scoring, Hischier fades in and out in games, Kuokkanen looks lost and Sharangovich looks like he couldn't give a damn.

Ruff should instead stick some of those guys asses to the bench instead of shuffling at this point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, for the first time, I’m starting to wonder about Ruff.  Some of his quotes lately seem iffy.  And I can’t help but wonder why he appears to be fine with nASS and Wrecky as assistants.

I do have to be fair and point out that the goalie situation has been screwy from the start of the season, and losing Hughes in Game 2 hurt plenty, but the special teams shouldn’t be this much of a fvcking problem.  

Last year the Devils special teams were not just bad, but historically bad.  They are on their way to another historically bad special teams record this season.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:20 PM, MB3 said:

it's funny, because for me, personally, I now get to watch every Devils game for "free" (in essence). I'm out of market and I'm a cable cutter, so I used to have to pay $180/season for NHL.tv; but now I can watch directly on Hulu (which I already pay for) and ESPN+ (which is free to Hulu subscribers.) 

So while everyone is complaining about this, I'm just over here like 

Monkey looking away template [HD] | Monkey Puppet | Know Your Meme

How do you watch the games that are not on Hulu ESPN + ?

19 hours ago, MB3 said:

ESPN+ carries home and away broadcasts for every single out of market game. I live in florida; so that means every single devils game.

I appreciate your help. I am in New Jersey and you are in Florida. Question: tonight, the Bruins are playing the Leafs at 7 PM in Canada. I don't get that game displayed for showing on ESPN +, do you know why? The reason I asked is I bought the NHL package so I could view other games, other than the Devils, that weren't local to me. So I probably did something stupid again, paying twice for the same. So what happened with the Bruins tonight is it because the game is in Canada? The Devils also play tonight at 10:30, I don't have that game either on ESPN + but I assume that's because it is a local team to me, but not to you. You should be able to get this game tonight at 10:30 on ESPN  + because it is not a local team for you. Am I correct with these questions? That's for your help, much appreciated.