GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes 7PM 1/29/22

Nicomo

Just now, Jerrydevil said:

It'd be nice to see Mercer get out of the slump he's in. He's been having a tough time.

He looks like he doesn’t belong in the NHL lately. He needs to turn that around, but I think the fact that he is basically unsupported on our third line will make that difficult. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He looks like he doesn’t belong in the NHL lately. He needs to turn that around, but I think the fact that he is basically unsupported on our third line will make that difficult. 

I wouldn’t go that far. He’s not scoring, but he hasn’t been a liability either. He’s still playing a pretty sound all around game. 

And yeah - Raanta is stealing this one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Remember when we thought Carolina was making a big mistake by letting their goalie go to Detroit? Pepperidge Farm remembers

I was definitely in that camp. Here they are with the best points percentage in the Metro and Alex Needled!ck has one more win than losses. 

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wouldn’t go that far. He’s not scoring, but he hasn’t been a liability either. He’s still playing a pretty sound all around game. 

And yeah - Raanta is stealing this one. 

Yeah hasn’t been awful, just very quiet…not nearly as electric as he was early on.  Navigating his way through his first NHL with a bad coaching staff…I still sense he’ll be a hell of a player in time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

There hasn't been a whole lot to cheer about this season, but Nathan Bastian is making the most of his second chance here. Nice to see.

Yeah he’ll never be a points horse, but considering that he cost nothing to re-acquire, he’s done a pretty good job.  Fine fourth-liner who’s even helped on the PP some.