Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Still hate that pick, but I wouldn’t mind some of this on the 4th line…

https://twitter.com/papiblez/status/1664456359197446144?s=46&t=LbTlicr2R-wpEQlojJz9Sg

There has never been any question about Stillman's work ethic or heart. The guy brings it. Probably just not a smart first round pick. Could be another McLeod, useful down the lineup. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

There has never been any question about Stillman's work ethic or heart. The guy brings it. Probably just not a smart first round pick. Could be another McLeod, useful down the lineup. 

You can't tell with 18 year olds. He might just be a very serviceable player.Competitive hunger is there. Everyone think ks that just becaquse you were picked in top 15/20 draft, you'll score a lot. We can all name players that "didn't rise to exceptions" . Not just us. (Zacha/McCleod) I love McCleod. Maybe Fitz could pry his brother loose from Oilers? Imagine having 2 sets of bro's on the Devs? pretty darn cool. Anyone know if Moynahan will be joining this year?

47 minutes ago, vincois said:

You can't tell with 18 year olds. He might just be a very serviceable player.Competitive hunger is there. Everyone think ks that just becaquse you were picked in top 15/20 draft, you'll score a lot. We can all name players that "didn't rise to exceptions" . Not just us. (Zacha/McCleod) I love McCleod. Maybe Fitz could pry his brother loose from Oilers? Imagine having 2 sets of bro's on the Devs? pretty darn cool. Anyone know if Moynahan will be joining this year?

re:  the bolded, not really.  It's obvious that some forwards who are drafted in the mid-first round aren't necessarily being selected primarily for offense.  But at the very least, you want that guy who might top out at 35-40 points to bring a lot of intangibles to the table (physicality, excellent on-ice intelligence, etc).  

8 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Tom Wilson clone? :D

Wilson's averaged 54 points per 82 GP over his last 5 seasons (he does miss a lot of games, unfortunately).  If Chase could ever manage that AND bring some seriously physicality, sign me up for that right now.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Wilson's averaged 54 points per 82 GP over his last 5 seasons (he does miss a lot of games, unfortunately).  If Chase could ever manage that AND bring some seriously physicality, sign me up for that right now.

He started off pretty slow

image.png.952b859d6767f8c59e5c5ee132248060.png

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

He started off pretty slow

image.png.952b859d6767f8c59e5c5ee132248060.png

Yeah if Chase was ever to reach such heights, not expecting it happen right away, that’s for sure.  

People should slow down their expectations. Stillman has very bad production in d+2. Even if he will be regular nhler, it would be a good outcome. 

overall fans of hockey can easily be angry on nhl teams and ask a lot of questions. Because 25-29 (not only them) picks are obviously worser than A LOT of second rounders. And a lot of those second rounders were publically discussed as better prospects. 
At least we fired our CHL scout. 

Anyway stillman has motor, hands and physical aspect. If he will learn defensive/positional aspect, he can be fourth line player on cheap deal, who can score some goals and create some problems for opponents. It’s good to have and save the cap space for top-6 forwards/top-4 defensemen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think the best part of this story is that Bratt is trying to help him out.  Love to see a guy step up like that.

• EvilHeart 1