Your New Jersey Devils Regular Season Thread: 2022-2023 Edition

Crisis

21 minutes ago, devlman said:

I feel your sentiment. I could only hope that a silver lining is that this too keeps rag fans away.

This is going to be the exact opposite. ALOT of very upset, pissed off devils fans, you can expect a large showing of blue as these prices will still be cheaper than their sh!t hole overly priced arena ran by corporate business. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6

17 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

My seats are now closer to 2.5x the cost that I paid vs what they are charging now for face value plus fees.

I'd have season tickets regardless of playoffs or not but this is a nice huge discount for full season ticket holders.

Partial plan holders should have gotten some sort of discount though as well.

The fact that they are charging this for the first round.. what are they going to try charging for second and third rounds?? 

6 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

This is going to be the exact opposite. ALOT of very upset, pissed off devils fans, you can expect a large showing of blue as these prices will still be cheaper than their sh!t hole overly priced arena ran buy corporate business. 

These tickets are expensive but it's only cause we are playing the Rangers. If we win the division and play someone else the prices will change. Especially on the secondary market.

Our fan base is definitely super cheap though even without these prices the majority would still complain. I've given up trying to sell my season tickets on Facebook when I couldn't go because I can't even count how many times people would haggle me over trying to get $5-10 off my price when I was already listing them at season ticket holder face value which is cheaper than Ticketmaster and most times cheaper than the secondary market and I'm talking about this season with the team playing well. 

I just ended up using buybacks instead.

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

The fact that they are charging this for the first round.. what are they going to try charging for second and third rounds?? 

Less cause it won't be the Rangers lol the team is just cashing in because they are playing the Rangers and know a lot of people would just buy to resell too. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

These tickets are expensive but it's only cause we are playing the Rangers. If we win the division and play someone else the prices will change. Especially on the secondary market.

Our fan base is definitely super cheap though even without these prices the majority would still complain. I've given up trying to sell my season tickets on Facebook when I couldn't go because I can't even count how many times people would haggle me over trying to get $5-10 off my price when I was already listing them at season ticket holder face value which is cheaper than Ticketmaster and most times cheaper than the secondary market and I'm talking about this season with the team playing well. 

I just ended up using buybacks instead.

Less cause it won't be the Rangers lol the team is just cashing in because they are playing the Rangers and know a lot of people would just buy to resell too. 

This is also wrong, while I understand they’re trying to make their money, post season tickets should be priced by round, not opponent. So now how many people are going to get burned down if we somehow pass Carolina and don’t even play the rangers in the first round?! This would be quite a comical scenario

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

This is also wrong, while I understand they’re trying to make their money, post season tickets should be priced by round, not opponent. So now how many people are going to get burned down if we somehow pass Carolina and don’t even play the rangers in the first round?! This would be quite a comical scenario

It's how they do it all season, variable pricing is what basically every team in this country has been doing for years. 

I actually like variable pricing, it prevents getting burned on that weekday western conference team game that nobody cares about if I can't make it.

I checked my playoff invoice, my 2nd round tickets are like $20 more a game than round 1. Round 2 will definitely be cheaper than Rangers round 1 for general on sales but Carolina and Pittsburgh will most likely be cheaper than the Islanders in round 2.

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

It's how they do it all season, variable pricing is what basically every team in this country has been doing for years. 

I actually like variable pricing, it prevents getting burned on that weekday western conference team game that nobody cares about if I can't make it.

I checked my playoff invoice, my 2nd round tickets are like $20 more a game than round 1. Round 2 will definitely be cheaper than Rangers round 1 for general on sales but Carolina and Pittsburgh will most likely be cheaper than the Islanders in round 2.

I understand variable pricing, but it’s not even locked in that we are 100% playing nyr. If that changes by some slim chance and we play someone else a lot of people are going to get burned on these big time 

12 minutes ago, Demonic26 said:

Ticket prices are ridiculous. Shame on the devils. Was going to try and get my daughter to her first playoff game, but not at those prices. $1000 for me my daughter and wife to sit in the 200s smh 

It’s absolutely out of control. I was so excited to buy tickets today and then I get smacked with this, now I refuse. I’ve been to probably damn near 20 games this year and this is how they’re thanking a loyal fan base for their season long support. Gouge the sh!t out of everyone. Na, I’m good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

With those prices they are pretty much assuring a lot of blue in that arena. Sucks. Anyway big Sabres fan tonight. We clinch home ice if they win. 

Yeah this is not good. I wanted tickets for the first round to be made available through the Devils by strips ONLY to keep the blue to a minimum. This kind of sh!t will make sure of more blue, which is infuriating and embarrassing. I’m really glad the bean counters in the organization are putting home ice advantage ahead of squeezing out every last dollar from this series as humanly possible. Encouraging. 🙄

Edited by MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Is this for one game?

Yes, it sure is! When I saw the prices I asked if they were for the first round strip becuase they almost quadrupled what they were when they were offering Sth the ability to buy additional strips. It’s an honest shame what they did here. Not the fans fault the team sucked for the last ten years, we continued to show up to games and spend money at concessions supporting the organization and arena. This is their way of saying thanks, first exciting playoff round in a decade, now pay up. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah this is not good. I wanted tickets for the first round to be made available through the Devils by strips ONLY to keep the blue to a minimum. This kind of sh!t will make sure of more blue, which is infuriating and embarrassing. I’m really glad the bean counters in the organization are putting home ice advantage ahead of squeezing out every last dollar from this series as humanly possible. Encouraging. 🙄

I mean cmon I’m sick of a the series with rangers having mostly blue in the home barn. I remember Chico going off about it in the 2000’s and I was thinking the same thing. It’s just unacceptable. Home ice really doesn’t matter for us with those prices. I wouldn’t pay them either. So I really don’t care about it in a series with them. 

Maybe not mostly but too much. I understand some will trickle in. But this will be damn near half I think. 

New Jersey is one of the richest states in the country, a lot of people can afford these prices, ridiculous or not. Using the prices as a reason why Ranger fans will purchase them is just an excuse. 

Our fan base has been conditioned for a long time now that tickets are gonna be a steal with all the losing years we had. 

In a perfect world there wouldn't be any reselling allowed and the Devils would have sold tickets to Devils fans only. 

If I owned the team I would make it like soccer and have only a few sections for visiting fans and Rangers fans wouldn't be allowed to sit anywhere else in the building but there. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

New Jersey is one of the richest states in the country, a lot of people can afford these prices, ridiculous or not. Using the prices as a reason why Ranger fans will purchase them is just an excuse. 

Our fan base has been conditioned for a long time now that tickets are gonna be a steal with all the losing years we had. 

In a perfect world there wouldn't be any reselling allowed and the Devils would have sold tickets to Devils fans only. 

If I owned the team I would make it like soccer and have only a few sections for visiting fans and Rangers fans wouldn't be allowed to sit anywhere else in the building but there. 

FWIW vivid has seats for under $200 in the 200s (before fees and crap of course).  I can swing the costs but probably won’t go to more than one game per round.  Will figure it out as I go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

FWIW vivid has seats for under $200 in the 200s (before fees and crap of course).  I can swing the costs but probably won’t go to more than one game per round.  Will figure it out as I go.

Same here. Gonna probably do one game per round.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crisis said:

How would you go about assuring only Devils fans buying tickets to this playoff matchup?

They need to do whatever the hell they did in 2012. There was blue of course- but I went to every home game in that series, and there were nowhere near the amount of Rag fans for any of those games as there are at your typical Devs-Rags game at the Rock. It was solid red.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1