GDT: Filthy @ Devils 7:00pm 2/25

NJDevils1214

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

10 G and 7 A in 41 GP in the first half, 2 G and 8 A in 18 GP so far in the second half.  Overall it’s been a very meh kinda year for him…there’s a reason we’re all hoping that Fitz can find a way to bring Meier into the fold…or at the very least, pivot to a secondary option.

We knew that once the team turned the corner, that some guys who were here for the lean years were inevitably going to be left behind or become exposed as guys not quite good enough to stick.  Sharangovich fits that bill.

He's either good enough to be a complimentary depth player on a team or he's not. 

I don't see how he's been exposed. The first 41 games he's been in that depth role and clearly had ice time reduced. 

Now he's worked his way into the top 6 and is starting to go and all of a sudden now he's not good enough. I don't really buy it at all. Lindy Ruff is not an easy coach to play for and Sher has paid his dues this year. Kills penalties and really does anything Ruff needs him to do in a pinch. 

Who is the better linemate for Jack Hughes? Erik Haula or Yegor Sharangovich? We've seen Haula with Jack a lot this year and he did okay, but Sharangovich with Jack has been bearing fruit for both. 

Who does Jack Hughes make better? Haula or Sher? I think it's clear he makes both players better, but Sher is more useful in the top 6 than Haula because he does everything Haula does but better with the exception of faceoffs. 

Sharangovich belongs in the top 9. 

McLeod, Bastian, and Wood do not. 

If he gets moved for Meier or something, fine. At least we are getting assets, but I don't know if he will considering his usage. Haula would probably take over his PK time. 

Sher is a good depth player at worst and he's can play into your top 6 without being a liability as he tends to show once given the chance. This has been my ted talk on why I don't feel Sharangovich has been "left behind". 

I was never a fan of Haula on Jack’s line to begin with, especially as more and more games passed without him burying the many great chances that Jack was setting him up with.  He’s probably cost Hughes 7 to 10 points with all of the missed scoring opportunities.

That being said, even if I’d rather have Sharangovich next to him given a choice between Rango and Haula, Yegor’s not really good enough to be playing alongside him either…he’s the kind of guy you try to upgrade from.  He’s only managed 30 SOG and 2 goals over 18 GP in this second half.  He’s not some great fit by any stretch.  

If your argument is that maybe Sharangovich could stick around here as a third-line PK player who can score here and there, I guess I could kinda-sorta see it…but he is not a Top-6 player on a good team.  And THAT’S how he’s been exposed.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

I love white at home! Why did they ever change that? 

if you look at the history of the league they have gone back and forth. Thus the Rangers are known as the Broadway Blue shirts. Bobby Orr scored his flying goal in Black in Boston.

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If your argument is that maybe Sharangovich could stick around here as a third-line PK player who can score here and there, I guess I could kinda-sorta see it…but he is not a Top-6 player on a good team.  And THAT’S how he’s been exposed.

Exactly.  He’s also the type that we should not be committing significant cap space towards as things get tighter.  He just doesn’t bring enough 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rock said:

For years I thought he scored it in St. Louis.  Then I went up to Boston and bought the photo of the goal (non autographed) and the guy who sold it to me told me he was at the game.

I knew it was in Boston but never put 2+2 together with the jerseys