2023-2024 Around The League thread

MadDog2020

Caps beating the Canes right now 2-0, and Ovechkin has both goals.  This after he got their only goal last night too.

He has 19 goals in his last 30 games. Pretty incredible what he's done when it was looking like he was in for by far his worst and lowest season for goals and points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Caps beating the Canes right now 2-0, and Ovechkin has both goals.  This after he got their only goal last night too.

He has 19 goals in his last 30 games. Pretty incredible what he's done when it was looking like he was in for by far his worst and lowest season for goals and points.

I guess the Subway sandwiches are working for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

caps, Flyers and Wings all lose

if this team had any spine this season, they’d control their destiny. Weve all Been saying it for literally weeks now, but man it kills me that literally had they played halfway decent instead of quitting and feeling sorry for themselves, they’d  be in 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jagknife said:

caps, Flyers and Wings all lose

if this team had any spine this season, they’d control their destiny. Weve all Been saying it for literally weeks now, but man it kills me that literally had they played halfway decent instead of quitting and feeling sorry for themselves, they’d  be in 

It's incredible. Three teams in front of you lose on the same night, and it still doesn't even really matter because we can't get out of our own way. 

• Angry 2

I'm gonnabe so fvcking pissed if the Penguins make the playoffs. A week or two ago they were deader than dead and actually behind us in the standings. 

When they played us just a few days ago we were the ones who had something to play for it and it looked like they had way less of a chance, almost none. Incredible how so much changed in the span of about 5 days. 

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'm gonnabe so fvcking pissed if the Penguins make the playoffs. A week or two ago they were deader than dead and actually behind us in the standings. 

When they played us just a few days ago we were the ones who had something to play for it and it looked like they had way less of a chance, almost none. Incredible how so much changed in the span of about 5 days. 

Not to mention it means Sullivan likely won’t be available, which would piss me off.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s awesome. Happy for Yegor.

It’s a nice achievement for him.

But it IS fair to remember that he is playing on a bad team and getting minutes there that he wouldn’t on a team that wouldn’t deal with his defensive shortcomings…the Flames have nothing to lose by putting him out there to score, no matter how many goals are being scored by the opposition when he’s on the ice.  He’s also shooting over 18%.  

Still feels like a career year offensively for him.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

Funny, with the Flyers’ collapse, we’ve truly seen the best AND worst of Torts this season.

I think he’s a guy who can find ways to get a lot of out of his teams and has a solid idea of what he’s trying to do with his teams, as far as a plan goes.  But when things start to go off the rails, man it sure feels like he’s addicted to causing as much chaos as possible…and does so in a way where he loses the room enough that he can’t always get it back. And I really thought that he had mellowed some and evolved enough NOT to be “that” Torts in times of crisis. Guess not.

• Like 1

Joel Quenneville is on today’s Cam & Strick pod “openly discussing” the Kyle Beach situation. I haven’t listened yet but probably will this afternoon.

i have this weird feeling, and have for a couple days, if he’s approved to return by the league, Fitz will chase him…

• Angry 1

59 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Joel Quenneville is on today’s Cam & Strick pod “openly discussing” the Kyle Beach situation. I haven’t listened yet but probably will this afternoon.

i have this weird feeling, and have for a couple days, if he’s approved to return by the league, Fitz will chase him…

fvck that. No interest. Next.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

If Fitz goes anywhere near that asshat, he deserves to be fired immediately.  I believe Kyle Beach when he says that Quenneville was aware of what was happening to him but did nothing to stop it.  Do the Devils want to be known as an organization that enables sexual misconduct and predatory behavior?

• Like 2

I don't think we have to worry about Joel Quenneville coming here. Especially after being the only team with 2 players involved in the Hockey Canada case, it would be a completely ridiculous move to bring Quenneville in.

• Like 5

I’d be surprised if Q gets an NHL HC gig anytime soon.  Hiring him will bring a LOT of unwanted attention and distractions.

• Like 3

Agree with all of you, just saying it’s a weird gut feeling that I hope is wrong.

like if he had at any point come out and said “I failed Kyle, I am learning by doing x, y and z.” It’d be a step in some attempt at a redemption arc, but so far nothing even close to that has been done

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagknife said:

Unless Fitz is a true heel, no way he'll go near this guy ESPECIALLY after the McLeod/Foote mess gave him egg on his face, whether it was his fault or not.

Not to mention how long before the Babcock 'redemption tour' did it take for him to step in it again lol, a$$holes generally can't help but remain a$$holes

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Unless Fitz is a true heel, no way he'll go near this guy ESPECIALLY after the McLeod/Foote mess gave him egg on his face, whether it was his fault or not.

Not to mention how long before the Babcock 'redemption tour' did it take for him to step in it again lol, a$$holes generally can't help but remain a$$holes

💯💯💯💯💯

• Like 1

UPDATE to my earlier post: fvck Coverupville. He hasn’t learned sh!t, zero remorse, zero accountability, still trying to play dumb and ignorant.

i turned off that bullsh!t interview after 25 minutes.

disgusted

• Like 1