2023 all-purpose Pre-season GDT

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe because he's a 29-year-old undrafted AHLer who's played all of 15 games at the NHL level (back in 2018-19) and doesn't fit into the Devils' plans much at all, except to continue to fill out Utica's roster?

He's not a longshot to make the roster, he's a no-shot.  Not knocking him, plenty of guys like him still playing even when any dreams of becoming regular NHLers have long since died, but this guy will be in Utica's camp very soon.  

Yeah I get all that, I was just curious if there was some sort of incident that occurred, injury or otherwise, that resulted in him not making it to the end of the game. I'm not saying he deserved more, just wondering if anything happened. Sounds like the answer is no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, that's definitely the driving factor here, no doubt about it.  I'm willing to see if it at least leads to some entertaining back and forth, but would I rather everything just stay the same?  Absolutely.  The last thing I want to hear during a Devils-Rangers game is Rosen and Micheletti fellating ever single last Blowshirt.  

The presentation gets worse, they cut costs like crazy, and shove more ads down our throats. I never pay, but at this point I would pay a pretty penny every season to get a no ad and optional no commentator feed of the game.

Edited by NJDevils1214

35 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The presentation gets worse, they cut costs like crazy, and shove more ads down our throats. I never pay, but at this point I would pay a pretty penny every season to get a no ad and optional no commentator feed of the game.

Surround sound systems can make the announcers disappear as long as you're receiving the sound in 5.1. Since the commentary team speaks strickly out of the center channel in surround sound you just unplug that channel and there ya go. You'll still hear the arena sounds in the other speakers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Surround sound systems can make the announcers disappear as long as you're receiving the sound in 5.1. Since the commentary team speaks strickly out of the center channel in surround sound you just unplug that channel and there ya go. You'll still hear the arena sounds in the other speakers. 

Dude,...I gotta try this.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:57 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

BTW this was announced during the Flyers game:

Apparently when it comes to local games (Devils vs Rangers, Rangers vs Islanders, etc), no more “separate feeds” this year, where one MSG channel broadcasts with one team’s crew, and the other channel with the other team’s crew.  Basically from now on, the home team will have greater representation, but the broadcasts will have a mash up of commentators from both sides for all “dual local” games.

I don’t love it, but it could be entertaining if, say, the Devils are curbstomping the Rangers, and Dano starts taking digs at Rosen and Micheletti, heh heh.  Guess we’ll have to see how it all plays out.  

I don’t like this at all, why are they switching it like this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I don’t like this at all, why are they switching it like this. 

Been over it but it’s got to be to save $$$.  

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why else? To lower costs. 

Oh without question, that's the ONLY reason, but here's how it will be marketed:

"Due to overwhelmingly positive fan feedback from prior 'mixed broadcast booth' preseason games, MSG will now make this arrangement a permanent addition to our 2023-24 regular season schedule and beyond!  Enjoy local rivalries as they heat up both on AND off the ice, for you to take in on your viewing device of choice, as both players and broadcast teams go at it with equal fervor!"

Um, yay?

Of course, if polled, I'm guessing less than 1% of Devils, Rangers, and Islanders fans have ANY interest in this mash-up crap, but of course, as Bettman, Goodell and so many others will do, just be arrogant and act like what nobody at all really wants is exactly what they all REALLY want.     

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh without question, that's the ONLY reason, but here's how it will be marketed:

"Due to overwhelmingly positive fan feedback from prior 'mixed broadcast booth' preseason games, MSG will now make this arrangement a permanent addition to our 2023-24 regular season schedule and beyond!  Enjoy local rivalries as they heat up both on AND off the ice, for you to take in on your viewing device of choice, as both players and broadcast teams go at it with equal fervor!"

Um, yay?

Of course, if polled, I'm guessing less than 1% of Devils, Rangers, and Islanders fans have ANY interest in this mash-up crap, but of course, as Bettman, Goodell and so many others will do, just be arrogant and act like what nobody at all really wants is exactly what they all REALLY want.     

They got these poll results from the same place Gary did when he said that their(NHL) numbers show fans really like the changing board ads! 😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They got these poll results from the same place Gary did when he said that their(NHL) numbers show fans really like the changing board ads! 😂

I was thinking the exact same thing and was even going to reference that, heh heh.

Seriously though, this is the new thing to do with certain people in power who just feel like they don't ever have to answer to anyone: 

Several fans:  "Man, those digital board ads, they're kind of a distraction, and it's really aggravating when they glitch from time-to-time.  The non-digital boards never took away from game action."

Bettman:  "No, you're WRONG, you're all VERY happy with this and everyone LOVES this, because I said so, and if I proclaim something out loud for all to hear, it automatically must be true.  That's that!"

It's that level of just pure and dishonest ARROGANCE that I find infuriating.  No Gary, maybe people have grown to TOLERATE the boards (especially if they're not glitching), but do NOT make it sound like people love them and are actively praising the change.  That's you just being the full of sh!t detestable little Count Von Count d!ckhead you've always been.

Best moment (I forget exactly when this happened)...Bettman comes out at the Rock, everyone boos.

Lou comes out, everyone does the "Loooooooooou!" - Lou turns to Bettman and says "That's not what they were doing when you came out"

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing and was even going to reference that, heh heh.

Seriously though, this is the new thing to do with certain people in power who just feel like they don't ever have to answer to anyone: 

Several fans:  "Man, those digital board ads, they're kind of a distraction, and it's really aggravating when they glitch from time-to-time.  The non-digital boards never took away from game action."

Bettman:  "No, you're WRONG, you're all VERY happy with this and everyone LOVES this, because I said so, and if I proclaim something out loud for all to hear, it automatically must be true.  That's that!"

It's that level of just pure and dishonest ARROGANCE that I find infuriating.  No Gary, maybe people have grown to TOLERATE the boards (especially if they're not glitching), but do NOT make it sound like people love them and are actively praising the change.  That's you just being the full of sh!t detestable little Count Von Count d!ckhead you've always been.

Best moment (I forget exactly when this happened)...Bettman comes out at the Rock, everyone boos.

Lou comes out, everyone does the "Loooooooooou!" - Lou turns to Bettman and says "That's not what they were doing when you came out"

People like Gary Bettman are like that because no one has ever told him to his face what an a$$hole he is. That dude gets his ass kissed everywhere he goes, and anyone who doesn’t comply gets arrogant Gary. Quite frankly, people like that need the sh!t kicked out of them. 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

People like Gary Bettman are like that because no one has ever told him to his face what an a$$hole he is. That dude gets his ass kissed everywhere he goes, and anyone who doesn’t comply gets arrogant Gary. Quite frankly, people like that need the sh!t kicked out of them. 

Do some people reach such a level that "the littler people" feel like they CAN'T call them out on their bullsh!t?  Or least dare to disagree?

I've heard Bettman and Goodell say so many things through the years that you just KNOW aren't true...of course not like they're the only ones in positions of power that do that, but good lord, in the case of Bettman and the digital boards, can't he say something like "Yes, there's been some issues with them and we're working hard to fix them, and I'm sure there's fans that aren't necessarily pleased that we've made this change to our in-game presentation, but as we work out the bugs, we feel that the fans will come to accept them, with some of them enjoying the changing ads."  At least that's got some level of truth to it!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Do some people reach such a level that "the littler people" feel like they CAN'T call them out on their bullsh!t?  Or least dare to disagree?

Absolutely. And it’s sad. I would relish the opportunity to tell Gary Bettman right to his face what I think of him, but NHL employees and media can’t say sh!t if they wanna keep their jobs/access. I would love to run into that fvckface at a game. I would not hold back. 

Edited by MadDog2020

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've heard Bettman and Goodell say so many things through the years that you just KNOW aren't true...of course not like they're the only ones in positions of power that do that, but good lord, in the case of Bettman and the digital boards, can't he say something like "Yes, there's been some issues with them and we're working hard to fix them, and I'm sure there's fans that aren't necessarily pleased that we've made this change to our in-game presentation, but as we work out the bugs, we feel that the fans will come to accept them, with some of them enjoying the changing ads."  At least that's got some level of truth to it!  

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Absolutely. And it’s sad. I would relish the opportunity to tell Gary Bettman right to his face what I think of him, but NHL employees and media can’t say sh!t if they wanna keep their jobs/access. I would love to run into that fvckface at a game. I would not hold back. 

Gary works for the owners. It's his job to do the lawyer thing and spin everything. He's made a lot of money for a lot of people, including himself, and at the end of the day corporations are gonna be corporations. If it doesn't hit the bottom line they don't care how much people hate anything as long as they fork over their money.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Gary works for the owners. It's his job to do the lawyer thing and spin everything. He's made a lot of money for a lot of people, including himself, and at the end of the day corporations are gonna be corporations. If it doesn't hit the bottom line they don't care how much people hate anything as long as they fork over their money.

Yeah I get that; Bettman doesn’t ‘spin’ though. He outright lies, shamelessly. 

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I get that; Bettman doesn’t ‘spin’ though. He outright lies, shamelessly. 

Depends on how you look at it. My point was more you can tell him to go fvck himself all you want, but it's only for yourself. He'd go back to one of his many million dollar homes, crack a bottle of wine we couldn't afford with a months pay, eat his beef wellington or whatever the fvck, and never think about you again. 😂

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I was more complaining about the outright condescending and lying.  Am I expecting him to be completely honest with the fanbase that both he and the owners have always taken for granted?  I'm not that foolish.  But some degree of truth would be nice.  I think the fans have earned that much.

So when it came to the digital boards, do I truly believe that the NHL would do away with them because some people complained about them?  Of course not.

Can he at least admit that they've been problematic at times, and there are kinks still to be worked out?  Yes

Does he have to insult everyone's intelligence by announcing that most people love the change, when we all know he's full of it on that count?  Absolutely not.

Basically, there's a way to tow the company line (and still getting what he and the owners want) without being a disingenuous d!ck.  That's my beef.

40 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Depends on how you look at it. My point was more you can tell him to go fvck himself all you want, but it's only for yourself. He'd go back to one of his many million dollar homes, crack a bottle of wine we couldn't afford with a months pay, eat his beef wellington or whatever the fvck, and never think about you again. 😂

If I got the chance, I’d dump a beer on his head. Pretty sure he’d remember that. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Marty's jersey retirement ceremony, still absolutely hilarious... 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Marty's jersey retirement ceremony, still absolutely hilarious... 

Yep it all came back to me lolololol.