GDT: 12/09/23 DEVILS @ FLAMES 4:OO PM EST MSGN

Rock

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

It's really great to see this team playing good defense again. 

Really feels cleaned up in front of the tendies. 

Agreed. I feel like they’ve cut out a good number of high danger chances, meaning the saves are normal versus needing to be spectacular

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Same, he is 32 now though.

He would be an ideal candidate for a contender down the stretch if it wasnt for his contract, $4.9 million and 4 years left isn't easy to accommodate. 

100% agree. He's like an ultimate depth piece in my opinion. But that contract is close to untouchable for any serious contender

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Jack is due tomorrow. 2 games held off the scoresheet feels like an eternity for him. 

Agreed.  He’s had several near misses off the posts or crossbar, so it’s only a matter of time before the next rampage starts.  Plus, he’s playing against Connor McDavid, so I’m sure he’d like to have a big game to show that he’s on the same level as his counterpart.

• Like 2

Finally caught up…some more good puck luck (Calgary missed some golden opportunities) but I’ll keep taking the wins.

Happy as hell for VV…he needed this in the worst way.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Finally caught up…some more good puck luck (Calgary missed some golden opportunities) but I’ll keep taking the wins.

Happy as hell for VV…he needed this in the worst way.

Yeah, I gave him sh!t for the Kadri goal (I thought the implosion was starting), but he was pretty good overall. I’ll take that performance from him all day. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Except on Rico’s goal, he literally flipped the puck over Vatanen’s head, went around him, and scored. It was a ridiculous goal.

Either way, good for Shar, and both were great goals. All the power to those guys. 

I think that trade has definitely soured as the years have gone by.

EDIT: Henrique for Vatanen I mean, not Shar's trade. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Matt and Chico were insinuating the same.  He doesn’t seem to be able to separate himself from defenders when the Devils are in the attacking zone.

He has a bum MCl. Organization expects. it to be an issue all year. 

Edited by smelly