GDT: Hughes @ Hugheses, 7:00 pm, MSGSN

Just now, njbuff said:

Allen misses having that Cole Beasley-type slot guy. Hopefully Kinkaid catches a million balls tonight. 😁

Another Fins weakness is covering TE’s, so I’d expect Kinkaid to be involved. 

16 hours ago, Devs64 said:

I had to dvr the game. I don't even know if there's another team as banged up as the Devils. A ton of respect to the guys, especially Nico Daws, because 2/3 of the game looked like canucks' power play. I'm not ready to comment on TJ's "kicking motion" although I think it was. I'm seriously thinking that NHL needs a coach's challenge rule on obvious no calls. I've seen many, but tonight's was absolutely despicable. 

I rewatched the replay a few times. It's clearly below the knee, but not the skate, so I guess it's a good goal. What pisses the hell out of me is that the refs had no problem seing it right away, but they swallowed their wistle on the crystal clear trip on Luke with BOTH the stick and the skate. I can't wait for the fvcking league to finally address this bullsh!t. Refs never hezitate to call boarderline holding and interferance, but ignore the trip where a player literally made a salto and hit his head.

9 hours ago, jagknife said:

The Chicago Rape Supporters have an entire top line on IR. But they are Chicago so fvck them

i still cannot figure out where Miller’s goal hits him. Ref signaled knee. Guess that removes “kicking motion” from the option? I’d like to think our coach was told that but he’ll never admit it.

I rewatched the replay a few times. It's clearly below the knee, but not the skate, so I guess it's a good goal. What pisses the hell out of me is that the refs had no problem seing it right away, but they swallowed their wistle on the crystal clear trip on Luke with BOTH the stick and the skate. I can't wait for the fvcking league to finally address this bullsh!t. Refs never hezitate to call boarderline holding and interferance, but ignore the trip where a player literally made a salto and hit his head.

1 hour ago, Devs64 said:

I admire your faith that the league is going to address anything when it comes to how the games are called. It gets worse every year and they haven't addressed sh!t. It's across every major sport which is the one consistent theme they all share. They're all circling the drain and picking up speed like it's a race.

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

I admire your faith that the league is going to address anything when it comes to how the games are called. It gets worse every year and they haven't addressed sh!t. It's across every major sport which is the one consistent theme they all share. They're all circling the drain and picking up speed like it's a race.

I agree and I actually have very little faith in the NHL's good intentions on this matter. Not even sure refs get evaluated (please tell me if you know). I just hope team owners and managers are more frustrated that it appears to us. 

3 hours ago, jagknife said:

Gotta love Josh Allen playing an absolutely atrocious first half in the red zone.

What a mess, I took that game over 40 got boned, the giants who are my team I had to take Philly as much as it pained me and we fvcking destroyed them boned again. Not my weekend. 

5 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

What a mess, I took that game over 40 got boned, the giants who are my team I had to take Philly as much as it pained me and we fvcking destroyed them boned again. Not my weekend. 

Giants fan here too, I was hoping they would get smoked cause the eagles had something to play for, but nope. At least it didn’t complete screw up the draft position.

now I just hope no Caleb Williams. Don’t care if this becomes an old takes exposed, he’s a drama queen on par with Manzel only no one is saying that is a potential even based off his antics all season for some reason.

Edited by jagknife

39 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Giants fan here too, I was hoping they would get smoked cause the eagles had something to play for, but nope. At least it didn’t complete screw up the draft position.

now I just hope no Caleb Williams. Don’t care if this becomes an old takes exposed, he’s a drama queen on par with Manzel only no one is saying that is a potential even based off his antics all season for some reason.

Is actually speculation the Giants could be thinking QB? I know you guys are locked into that Jones contract for at least the next couple years. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Terrible pick. So we’re on to KC. Can’t say I like our chances. 

I’ll be rooting for you guys. I would love to see Tyreek go back to Arrowhead and stick it to them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Terrible pick. So we’re on to KC. Can’t say I like our chances. 

Game turned so completely on that punt return that tied up the score...also hurt that the Dolphins couldn't fully take advantage of three Allen turnovers.

Tua is obviously a legit NFL QB, but how good?  Is he one of those QBs that you can only win so much with?  He needed to be better than he was last night, especially in his own building.

Dolphins are obviously a pretty good team, one that if it can remain healthy should contend for playoff berths for a while, but it feels like they're missing something, that one thing that could separate them from the "pretty good pretender"-types.  I'm not sure exactly what that thing is.

Because of you and one of my best buds who's a massive Dolphins fan, I'm rooting for ya both.  Especially against KC...Mahomes is talented AF but he's come across more and more as entitled and bitchy this season when it's not going his way.  Would love to see the Dolphins pull off an upset here.

On another note...an era is obviously coming to an end in NE, and no one has any real idea as to what's coming next.  All I do know is that once a highly successful run ends, the "next one" isn't often right there, just waiting to happen.  Most organizations "with a tradition of winning" see that tradition end once certain people leave or simply see their time run out.  The Pats were a winning organization with BB and Brady as a tandem leading the way.  Now that they're both gone, the Pats can just as easily go back to being what they were for most of their existence prior to those two being in the fold.  They could be yet another franchise going through regime after regime in trying to find the right guys, just like so many others.

Will be very interesting to see where BB ultimately winds up.  I can see it being the Chargers.  

• Like 1

Read on HF there's a video floating around Twitter of some Devils fan with her hand inside the ass of her bf during the national anthem of this game. So that person got some ass and experienced an ass of a game lol

Seriously though, idk how people can be so shameless in public like that, especially knowing everyone has a camera.

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Read on HF there's a video floating around Twitter of some Devils fan with her hand inside the ass of her bf during the national anthem of this game. So that person got some ass and experienced an ass of a game lol

Seriously though, idk how people can be so shameless in public like that, especially knowing everyone has a camera.

When my daughter was a little girl and not yet ready to go on her own to the ladies' room, of course I would take her to the family bathrooms...on at least two occasions (as she's squirming trying to hold it in as we're patiently waiting), I saw couples coming out who had clearly NOT been using the bathroom for its intended purpose.  I didn't even try to hide my disgust and anger...seriously, can't wait until you fvcking get home for that sh!t?!  So worked up you gotta friggin' get it on in an arena restroom meant for FAMILIES?!  What in actual fvck?!

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

When my daughter was a little girl and not yet ready to go on her own to the ladies' room, of course I would take her to the family bathrooms...on at least two occasions (as she's squirming trying to hold it in as we're patiently waiting), I saw couples coming out who had clearly NOT been using the bathroom for its intended purpose.  I didn't even try to hide my disgust and anger...seriously, can't wait until you fvcking get home for that sh!t?!  So worked up you gotta friggin' get it on in an arena restroom meant for FAMILIES?!  What in actual fvck?!

I remember you telling that story before, some people are just gross and have no shame. 

• Angry 1

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

All I gotta say is that I hope she washed her hands.

Dude was rockin' quite the skullet...

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Dolphins can win in KC, but the weather will not be doing them any favors.

Yeah it’s gonna be like 10 degrees and possibly snowing. Definitely will be tough. Congrats too. Bills were the better team and deserved to win. 

Edited by MadDog2020

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah it’s gonna be like 10 degrees and possibly snowing. Definitely will be tough. Congrats too. Bills were the better team and deserved to win. 

Now the real season starts with a clean slate and the Bills better be ready to take care of the Steelers.

Mahomo has been off this year and when he makes perfect throws, his receivers can't catch em. If this continues to play out, the Dolphins will be there in the end with a chance to win it.

Can Tua be clutch and send the Dolphins back to Baltimore?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Can Tua be clutch and send the Dolphins back to Baltimore?

The $64,000 question. I love Tua, but I’m very disappointed how he has performed in big moments this year. I wanted to draft him because I thought he had the clutch gene. That’s proving untrue. Saturday would be a great time to change that. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Is actually speculation the Giants could be thinking QB? I know you guys are locked into that Jones contract for at least the next couple years. 

So in this guy’s humble opinion, yes, they should be looking QB. Let the new guy watch next season, cut Jones end of next year. All of his cap implications are brutal next season. After that it’s next to nothing, as far as I know 

Jones was a mistake from the get go by Gettleman, who did zero actual research. Schoen panicked for some stupid reason.

24 minutes ago, jagknife said:

So in this guy’s humble opinion, yes, they should be looking QB. Let the new guy watch next season, cut Jones end of next year. All of his cap implications are brutal next season. After that it’s next to nothing, as far as I know 

Jones was a mistake from the get go by Gettleman, who did zero actual research. Schoen panicked for some stupid reason.

It’ll cost the Giants $69 million in dead cap to cut him after next season according to this. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/daniel-jones-29041/

I think you guys are stuck with him at least a couple more years. Even the potential out in 2025 is $22 million.