Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

53 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Green is going to keep us in the single-digit-draft-pick range, so I'm here for it.

I'm expecting them to lose the vast majority of their remaining games and start shutting players down.

This

59 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That Blues team was in dead last place in the entire league when he took over during the middle of that season. He gets plenty of credit for righting the ship in my book. 

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.  It was in January right?  Have to think he was a factor in their turnaround. But after that miracle, he didn't last much longer.  Three seasons and then gone. 

I haven't seen what he's been up to since - is he an assistant somewhere?

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

And don't give me that the guy won a Cup - he inherited a pretty good team his first seat in STL and Binnington is really the main reason they squeaked by in 7 games.

They were in DEAD LAST IN THE LEAGUE when he took over. What he inherited was a mess. And he won a Cup. That’s impressive.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Sullivan doesn't really excite me either. He seems way too mild mannered. Reminds me of another blank stare, no answers Lindy type guy. 

With two Cup rings on his fingers. Yeah right great players. Well, you need great players to win. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Watch the Devils luck into a top 10 pick and then package it to Calgary along with Holtz and Casey in exchange for Markstrom. If Conroy knows what he's doing, he will absolutely fleece Fitz in this one, knowing how much he wants Markstrom here. If Hanafin is part of the deal, Mercer will be headed out also.

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Watch the Devils luck into a top 10 pick and then package it to Calgary along with Holtz and Casey in exchange for Markstrom. If Conroy knows what he's doing, he will absolutely fleece Fitz in this one, knowing how much he wants Markstrom here. If Hanafin is part of the deal, Mercer will be headed out also.

I think you’re overshooting 

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

If Fitz doesn't top-10 protect the pick, if he elects to move it, it would be considered a fireable offense imo.

• Like 3

Yegor is a very very good two-way player. His stick in the neutral zone and d-zone on the PK are very missed.  Not a good trade but people loved it because they didn't like that he had down year scoring wise.

5 minutes ago, capo said:

Yegor is a very very good two-way player. His stick in the neutral zone and d-zone on the PK are very missed.  Not a good trade but people loved it because they didn't like that he had down year scoring wise.

3 goals over his final 41 regular season games last year might have had a little something to do with that.

He was solid on the PK but he wasn’t some awesome two-way player.  That’s not really accurate.

I was always higher on Sharongovich than most here, so I’m happy to see him doing well. He will probably end up carving out a pretty nice NHL career for himself for a 5th round pick from Belarus. 

• Like 2