Hockey Canada investigation -Mcleod charged with 2 counts

RunninWithTheDevil

I figured I would put this in its own thread as it's a very important story that seems to be ramping up the last few days. Apparently five players have been given an ultimatum to surrender to London police. The article itself doesn't name any names or the date they must turn themselves in. 

Do we have practice today?  

It would seem like Dube and Hart are clearly two.  Formenton hasn't played in the NHL since this blew up & Comtois couldn't get a contract this year, so it's likely those are an additional 2.  Seems like there's one guy left.  Hopefully it isn't MM   

Just now, Lateralous said:

Do we have practice today?  

It would seem like Dube and Hart are clearly two.  Formenton hasn't played in the NHL since this blew up & Comtois couldn't get a contract this year, so it's likely those are an additional 2.  Seems like there's one guy left.  Hopefully it isn't MM   

11AM

Just now, DevilMinder said:

Unbelievable, one of the highlights has been Mikeys play this year (and playoffs). A shame, if hes guilty then see ya.

Yeah and it would kind of taint one of my all time favorite Devils goals (Game 7 winner) but agreed, if he's guilty, he's got to go.   

Just now, DevilMinder said:

This would be a great time to release a "I am innocent and look forward to proving it" Kind of statement Mcleod. 

I don’t think that’s gonna happen. At this point, I think he’s involved. 

Not gonna jump to conclusions re:  McLeod (yes doesn't look good), but for the five players who will eventually have to come forward to face charges...weird that they just went about their business all these years...were they really just banking on the truth just never coming out or being buried to the point where they'd never have to answer for it?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, smelly said:

The one year, lowball contract he signed this offseason is also consistent with his potential implication in this. 

The one-year term, yeah.

According to Bastian, both he and McLeod were told something along the lines of “I know you guys both want to come back and I have other guys who I need to pay, so if you really want back in, here’s what you’re getting.”  So not sure the AAV was as much as of an indicator.