2/22/2024 GDT: Rangers @ Devils, 7 pm - Win or Else

Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Watching the Oilers win the Cup after making their mid season coaching change is going to hit different. 

This. 

But an equally huge factor is that Skinner rebounded substantially while VV kept circling the drain. Holland’s patience there rewarded, while Fitz’s pigheadedness blew up in his face. 

“Skinner, who had a tough start to the season (along with the rest of the team) now sits in 5th place in the NHL with 24 wins and is in 11th place in GAA with a 2.56 GAA in 38 games.”

Edited by smelly

Just now, smelly said:

This. 

But an equally huge factor is that Skinner rebounded substantially while VV kept circling the drain. 

“Skinner, who had a tough start to the season (along with the rest of the team) now sits in 5th place in the NHL with 24 wins and is in 11th place in GAA with a 2.56 GAA in 38 games.”

And if you don’t think the coaching change had a major part in that I have a bridge to sell you. 

• Like 2

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Can we just not have a 3rd period?

Hopefully this is the last period of the Lindy Ruff Era.  

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

And if you don’t think the coaching change had a major part in that I have a bridge to sell you. 

AND the oilers started scoring at will during their 16 game BOOM following the coaching change.

But yeah, definitely was only the goalie suddenly figuring it out and not a new voice

• Like 2

Just now, smelly said:

Daws - 4 GA on 14 shots. 

Fitz needs to stop pretending that his raw, unproven G are anything more than that. 

It’s not only stupid, it’s not fair to the goalies. 

He’s going to convince Andrew Hammond to come out of retirement

Edited by jagknife

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Then you are going to be holding on to that bridge for a long, long time. 

You have absolutely no proof for that tautological argument  

If you think firing Lindy would have made VV passable you better not be making the bridge buying decisions in your house. 

And Patrick Roy and the Isles say hello. 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He’s going to convince Andrew Hammond to come out of retirement

Sadly, I might even endorse that at this point. 

Defensive lapses and goaltending aside (not Daws fault), there’s just absolutely no excuse for a team who is built around their forwards to have such an anemic offense. Not scoring on multiple extended power plays is inexcusable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smelly said:

Daws - 4 GA on 14 shots. 

Fitz needs to stop pretending that his raw, unproven G are anything more than that. 

It’s not only stupid, it’s not fair to the goalies. 

No one is going to take you seriously if you’re honestly trying to pin this one on Daws. 

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

AND the oilers started scoring at will during their 16 game BOOM following the coaching change.

But yeah, definitely was only the goalie suddenly figuring it out and not a new voice

Huh? I don’t follow this. 

My point is that one without the other leaves you nowhere new. 

No denying that. 

11 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Toffoli's name better be in trade rumors starting tomorrow morning.   No reason not to recoup a significant asset for him at this point instead of letting him ride it out with this sh!t show

They are not better with him and it looks like they are not making the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

No one is going to take you seriously if you’re honestly trying to pin this one on Daws. 

Don’t get sucked in

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Defensive lapses and goaltending aside (not Daws fault), there’s just absolutely no excuse for a team who is built around their forwards to have such an anemic offense. Not scoring on multiple extended power plays is inexcusable. 

Things like this tend to happen when you play your best players out of position too. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Huh? No one is pinning this on Daws. 

But if you don’t think that riding Daws as something he’s not because they have no other options isn’t part of the overall problem, then you are just being stubborn. 

Just loving the fire Lindy circle jerk in which no one says literally anything new, when that was what the same folks killed me for for months re the goaltending.

Don’t be so resentful because I was a million percent correct.

Pointless to do anything now.

Keep assets and wait until summer when the options behind the bench and in net will be wider and better.

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1