GDT - 2/24/2024 Canadiens @ Devils, 2 pm, MSG - Where the hell is Fitz?

ButlerBulldog

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I think the opposite, Fitz told him he’s safe until the end of the season, hence why Fitz won’t come out of hiding other than being celebrated to bring an expansion captain. My believe in Fitz stock is plummeting 

The thought is nauseating 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I think the opposite, Fitz told him he’s safe until the end of the season, hence why Fitz won’t come out of hiding other than being celebrated to bring an expansion captain. My believe in Fitz stock is plummeting 

He’s definitely not making himself look good by appearing in Nashville for another team’s function while seemingly neglecting his own duties.  As I’ve said before, I can understand Fitz not wanting to overpay—whether in money or in personnel—for a new goalie or defenseman, but his refusal to even comment on what’s happening with his team is maddening.  If the Devils rebound next season, I don’t want to see him taking a victory lap in front of the cameras.

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If the Devils rebound next season, I don’t want to see him taking a victory lap in front of the cameras.

How someone acts in times of adversity says a lot about a person’s character. Between disappearing, and not only disappearing- disappearing RIGHT BEFORE the McLeod/Foote sh!t dropped and not being heard from since- I’m beginning to question the character and integrity of the man himself, to say nothing of his dereliction of duty with regard to the coaching situation.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

How someone acts in times of adversity says a lot about a person’s character. Between disappearing, and not only disappearing- disappearing RIGHT BEFORE the McLeod/Foote sh!t dropped and not being heard from since- I’m beginning to question the character and integrity of the man himself, to say nothing of his dereliction of duty with regard to the coaching situation.

Absolutely.  I might be willing to overlook certain lapses in performance if I know that the person responsible is a decent human being, but when the general manager of struggling team can’t be bothered to show his face at a time when everyone expects and, frankly, needs to hear from him speaks volumes about who he is.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

How someone acts in times of adversity says a lot about a person’s character. Between disappearing, and not only disappearing- disappearing RIGHT BEFORE the McLeod/Foote sh!t dropped and not being heard from since- I’m beginning to question the character and integrity of the man himself. 

He has no integrity any more as far as I am concerned. He could have read the public canned statement regarding our sex offenders and I would have respected it. He could have come out and voiced support for ruff and while I still would have lost my mind, it would have signaled a clear direction in this team that we’re gonna try with what we have due to injuries, not mortgage our future, and get healthy for next season, and I would have respected the sh!t out of that, making hard decisions and facing the music.

but no, Fitz hides except for only when he gets celebrated (as PG as I can with DM’s rightful caution to us all yesterday).

now we have a coach doing mental gymnastics that would make Russian athletes blush, a team floundering at a performance level equal to a lottery team, and Fitz is literally missing in action.

Until he proves me otherwise, I’m over Fitz now too, and yes I know he has a contract extension. 

F-you Fitz

Eat poop Lindy

i hope you both get terrible papercuts that never heal and each time you shower, it is salt water instead of normal.

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 2

Another day of wasting Dougie’s LTIR. Another day of Fitz not bringing in reinforcements. Another day of Fitz on vacation. Another day of Fitz not showing his face. fvck him.

To me, he’s worse than Lindy. “Here are three rookie defenseman plus Brendan Smith. Here’s the square peg in the round hole that is Tyler Tofolli. Here is a whole year with awful goaltending. now go make the playoffs! I’ll see you in April when we miss the postseason!”

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

He has no integrity any more as far as I am concerned. He could have read the public canned statement regarding our sex offenders and I would have respected it. He could have come out and voiced support for ruff and while I still would have lost my mind, it would have signaled a clear direction in this team that we’re gonna try with what we have due to injuries, not mortgage our future, and get healthy for next season, and I would have respected the sh!t out of that, making hard decisions and facing the music.

but no, Fitz hides only when he gets celebrated (as PG as I can with DM’s rightful caution to us all yesterday).

now we have a coach doing mental gymnastics that would make Russian athletes blush, a team floundering at a performance level equal to a lottery team, and Fitz is literally missing in action.

Until he proves me otherwise, I’m over Fitz now too, and yes I know he has a contract extension. 

F-you Fitz

Eat poop Lindy

i hope you both get terrible papercuts that never heal and each time you shower, it is salt water instead of normal.

Your last sentence made me smile, as watching this team is akin to death by a thousand papercuts.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

“If I go in there and harp on every power play, how are they going to feel? If after the game, you ask them about every power play, how are they going to feel? I would rather blame you guys than blame me or blame them, but our focus is really on the next power play. It has nothing to do with you guys, it has nothing to do with me, it’s the next power play you’ve got. Let’s make it a good one.”

Uhhh…what???

image.gif.4439a6879a4567bdc0ccb50e3530aac6.gif

Wait is this an actual quote? This is what he actually said?

fvcking A this is depressing

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

And Detroit is up 4-1 on St Louis.

but our team is status flipping quo, our coach is atrocious, we’re starting Daws in the “easier” matchup and our GM is incompetent and missing in action.

eff off

Why isn’t Poulter starting? Daws needs a break and this is the easier of the back to back games. Oh right our coach is an idiot

• Vomiting 2