GDT: 2/27/2024 Devils @ Sharks 10:30 EST MSGSN

Rock

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Sad too, they use to pack this place all the time. I can never fault fans for not supporting sh!t teams, especially with the cost of everything these days. 

No kidding. Seems like it wasn't too long ago that the sharks were making the playoffs every year. 

• Like 1

If this was any other team than the Sharks we'd be down 2-0 already. Team can't score for sh!t and you can tell they're going through the motions. 

Poweplay is pathetic.  Puck movement was fine, but there's no finish and all they do is try the same thing over and over.  How many times does Luke have to try a quick little fake shot and then a wrister from the point?  Doesn't he and the team realize that it's his Canon of a shot that was successful early on in the year? (A la Dougie)

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

If this was any other team than the Sharks we'd be down 2-0 already. Two can't score for sh!t and you can tell they're going through the motions. 

Poweplay is pathetic.  Puck movement was fine, but there's no finish and all they do is try the same thing over and over.  How many times does Luke have to try a quick little fake shot and then a wrister from the point?  Doesn't he and the team realize that it's his Canon of a shot that was successful early on in the year? (A la Dougie)

I wish they'd try Miller on the powerplay more for that very reason

Edited by Oglethorpe13
Typo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

I wish they'd try Miller on the powerplay more first that very reason

Totally. With how ineffective the power play has been lately, I can't believe that they're still keeping that "top" line out there for a minute and a half or longer.  

How pissed would you be if you're the second power play line and you're getting barely 10 to 20 seconds of power play time when the penalty is basically over? Guys like Meier, Mercer, Holtz, hell even Palat and Haula.  It's ridiculous.

Edited by NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This team is barely even playing hockey. They're just skating and pushing the puck around. 

ZEEERO system or anything resembling a strategy. 

They've given up. Seemed evident a few games ago but definitely showed in the recent losses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This team is barely even playing hockey. They're just skating and pushing the puck around. 

ZEEERO system or anything resembling a strategy. 

Yup. Zilch. Almost feels like the team is intentionally playing like sh!t at this point. No structure, no heart.

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Yup. Zilch. Almost feels like the team is intentionally playing like sh!t at this point. No structure, no heart.

It looks like a silent agreement between Lindy and the team. "I pretend I'm coaching, you pretend you are playing, and everyone pretends they give a sh!t." 

21 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

It is stunning how many times we've given up the first goal, and even more how no other team is even close to us. 

16 times we've scored first, the next worst team is these very Sharks, who now have done it 23 times. 

They couldn’t even give up the first goal in the first ten.  Lost that bet.