GDT: The 'It Barely Matters" Edition - 3/14/24 Devils @ Stars 8:00pm MSGN2

NJDfan1711

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Especially with him playing out of position.  Now that he’s back at RW, he looks like a totally different player than the guy we saw earlier in the season.

Not only out of position, but also buried on the 3rd line for 50+ games. Amazing what happens when you actually put him with better players. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah for sure…you never judge a deal like that not even one full season in.  Yeah sucks when a guy on a big deal starts slow but it happens.

Dougie was the same thing. Let’s hope Timo has a similar 2nd season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not only out of position, but also buried on the 3rd line for 50+ games. Amazing what happens when you actually put him with better players. 

That, too.  I can understand wanting to put a scorer like Toffoli with playmakers like Jack or Nico, but he never had chemistry with either, whereas Timo’s very comfortable with Nico.

Edited by ButlerBulldog

Just now, Nicomo said:

Dougie was the same thing. Let’s hope Timo has a similar 2nd season. 

I love that Timo’s finishing on such a flourish.  He looks so much more like himself.  Imagine that, playing where he’s SUPPOSED to be.  fvcking Lindy…

• Like 2

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I love that Timo’s finishing on such a flourish.  He looks so much more like himself.  Imagine that, playing where he’s SUPPOSED to be.  fvcking Lindy…

“You don’t know the game.”

I’m so glad he’s gone.

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

fvcking bum coach 

• Like 2

Just now, Nicomo said:

Damn, Holtz needed that. Feels like forever since he’s scored. 

Yeah he’s had moments this year and obviously wasn’t done many favors by Lindy, but he’s one of those guys who looks like he’s going to need score 30+ to really justify having a spot in the lineup…seems like he’s only going to develop so much, as far as the rest of his game goes.  But gotta see how he does with better linemates.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

No one is probably happier than Timo himself. 

Holtz

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

fvcking bum coach 

He screwed up so many things with this team, and we probably won’t know just how many until the boys are comfortable with the new coach’s system and playing like they’re capable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve dogged on Mercer and Allen in this game and ofc both start playing great. :lol:

I feel ya. I'm about to eat crow on my earlier statement on Allen's start. His goals allowed were pretty weak but he's redeeming himself. 

• Like 2