2024 Offseason Thread - It’s FINALLY here

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Oh I’m terrified we’re fvcked. He’s going to do it.

uh… if he hires green he has no fvcking clue what they need.

I don’t care what the players want in a coach. A real GM gets one that knows how to make his pieces win. Green is not that person.

It’s not about what the players ‘want’. It’s about what they NEED.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

It’s not about what the players ‘want’. It’s about what they NEED.

I’m worrying we have a Players GM who won’t make the hard decisions to be a championship GM.

It’s early to panic, absolutely, but my confidence in Fitz is plummeting each time he speaks.

• Like 2

I am once again finding myself annoyed with Fitz. He's loosely implying he was too lax this year, he let the guys get complacent, and even that they weren't conditioned very well. This after people here also mentioned that he said to STH that he wasn't happy with the practices. Wtf happened with this team this year? It's like there was a mixture of not caring enough, expecting it to just be easy, and not holding anyone accountable... And even when it wasn't coming easy nothing changed apparently and that's why we are talking about it now?

• Like 2
  • Angry 2

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

I’m worrying we have a Players GM who won’t make the hard decisions to be a championship GM.

It’s early to panic, absolutely, but my confidence in Fitz is plummeting each time he speaks.

I’m trying not to read too much into what he says. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I am once again finding myself annoyed with Fitz. He's loosely implying he was too lax this year, he let the guys get complacent, and even that they weren't conditioned very well. This after people here also mentioned that he said to STH that he wasn't happy with the practices. Wtf happened with this team this year? It's like there was a mixture of not caring enough, expecting it to just be easy, and not holding anyone accountable... And even when it wasn't coming easy nothing changed apparently and that's why we are talking about it now?

That is infuriating, but it’s over. Now it’s about how sh!t is handled moving forward. I hope a lot of hard lessons were learned by all this season. Now find us a real coach Fitz.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

So are Fitz / Green admitting the coaching let the players slack off? On top of a being slow to adapt the "system" to the league adjusting? What a cluster

Says EVERYTHING about the starts of games and giving up the first goal.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That is infuriating, but it’s over. Now it’s about how sh!t is handled moving forward. I hope a lot of hard lessons were learned by all this season. Now find us a real coach Fitz.

Sure, I'm trying, but really no wonder why injuries fvcked this team so badly now. Everyone looked at the guy to their left to be the one to step up when sh!t got tough until the guy to their left was the janitor and the last dude just shrugged his shoulders. Makes me wonder why NJ are paying Palat 6m a year for him to play show and tell with his championship rings.

I really am starting to sound like some of the doomers around here but it's hard when we take so many Ls. I get it.

6 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Sigh, I guess we shouldn't have been too surprised Fitz didn't mike drop and say no Green since he is so emotional with decisions.

He checks a lot of boxes, ya know? Let's hope he checks the one on his unemployment form about able and looking for work.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Based on Fitz’s recent comments, it sounds like a lot of people came into the season patting themselves on the back for what they accomplished in ‘22-23, thinking they could duplicate or even exceed that success merely by showing up.  That such a mindset was allowed to take hold within the organization at all speaks to a lack of leadership by Fitz, Lindy, and others.  As @MadDog2020 pointed out, I hope Fitz has learned something from this experience and is prepared to bring in a coach whose mindset reflects that.  If he opts to bring back Green, we’ll know that he hasn’t.

• Like 4

I wish we had more media that was tuned into the fan base and would ask someone, anyone in charge of this team about how do you justify raising season ticket prices 9% for a team that performed this badly and missed the playoffs and ask about the awful concessions and the state of how some of the arena is in.

Would love to see that goof Jake Reynolds try to worm his way out of any real questions.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I wish we had more media that was tuned into the fan base and would ask someone, anyone in charge of this team about how do you justify raising season ticket prices 9% for a team that performed this badly and missed the playoffs and ask about the awful concessions and the state of how some of the arena is in.

Would love to see that goof Jake Reynolds try to worm his way out of any real questions.

There were plenty of sh!t seasons when prices increased. Why do you harp on this season only? Curious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StarDew said:

There were plenty of sh!t seasons when prices increased. Why do you harp on this season only? Curious.

I have never had a season where my ticket prices increased 9% and they didn't make the playoffs. This is also already on top of the ticket increases from last season. It also might be the biggest increase percentage wise I've had it. 

Did anyone's wages get increased by 9% this year? I doubt many, if any did. Especially afrer a big bump from last year. 

I harp on it because I'm still pissed off about it and if I didn't have money tied up in buybacks I might have seriously had a long debate about canceling for the first time in way over 20 years because I'm that annoyed about it and absolutely hated watching this team this year. 

I also wish I kept better track of everything from prior years and I could go digging through all my renewals because I'm also pretty sure I've never had a 9% increase period. It's gone up during sh!t years but it's usually in the 2-4% range.

It's all absolutely unsustainable and I wonder when the bubble finally breaks on it. I have no idea how families of multiple kids out there even do it or justify it.

I'm also of the theory that I wish teams were tied to cities and not sh!t bag owners who don't give a fvck about anyone but their pockets. While I don't absolutely hate our owners and we could have way worse, our owners absolutely fall into this category. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

37 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I have never had a season where my ticket prices increased 9% and they didn't make the playoffs. This is also already on top of the ticket increases from last season. It also might be the biggest increase percentage wise I've had it. 

Did anyone's wages get increased by 9% this year? I doubt many, if any did. Especially afrer a big bump from last year. 

I harp on it because I'm still pissed off about it and if I didn't have money tied up in buybacks I might have seriously had a long debate about canceling for the first time in way over 20 years because I'm that annoyed about it and absolutely hated watching this team this year. 

I also wish I kept better track of everything from prior years and I could go digging through all my renewals because I'm also pretty sure I've never had a 9% increase period. It's gone up during sh!t years but it's usually in the 2-4% range.

It's all absolutely unsustainable and I wonder when the bubble finally breaks on it. I have no idea how families of multiple kids out there even do it or justify it.

I'm also of the theory that I wish teams were tied to cities and not sh!t bag owners who don't give a fvck about anyone but their pockets. While I don't absolutely hate our owners and we could have way worse, our owners absolutely fall into this category. 

OK my starting prices back in 1982 were $17 lower bowl in front of Lou's suite.. They went up almost yearly.  Was nature of the beast and they really sucked back then. Don't have tix anymore.

btw don't want to hear from anyone that was then this is now.  It is fact prices go up with everything all the time.

Edited by StarDew
typos
  • Like 1

In case anyone's curious, $17 back in 1982 is equivalent to about $55 in today's money.  Sadly like many things, ticket price inflation for many things entertainment has a way out of outpacing general inflation.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In case anyone's curious, $17 back in 1982 is equivalent to about $55 in today's money.  Sadly like many things, ticket price inflation for many things entertainment has a way out of outpacing general inflation.  

How much is a lower bowl ticket nowadays, avg. I hate progressive pricing so an average would help me. 😀

• Like 1