GDT: Devils @ Toronto 7:00 PM MSGN2

MadDog2020

It would be fun to see the Devils somehow derail both the Flyers AND Isles as this season winds down.  Just because.

• Like 6

Oh and here come the Islanders with yet another loser point in their back pocket.  

• Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It would be fun to see the Devils somehow derail both the Flyers AND Isles as this season winds down.  Just because.

We haven't put together a three game win streak all season. Wouldn't that be ironic...and hilarious at the same time of this happens 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Brendan Smith putting on another masterclass. 

Ryan McGill cannot be here anymore after Monday.  I refuse to believe that Marino is this bad, and Luke and Nemec deserve better than to be brought down by Smith and Siegenthaler, respectively.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Aznjsn said:

We haven't put together a three game win streak all season. Wouldn't that be ironic...and hilarious at the same time of this happens 😂

They did have some three game streaks, but none better.

But it would still be hilarious if the Devils wrecked two playoff aspirations.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh and here come the Islanders with yet another loser point in their back pocket.  

And Palms wins it in OT

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Just now, Devs64 said:

Isles will make it. The dog fight for WC2 is heating up.

Big win for them tonight.

They do face the Rangers on Saturday.  Hard to think the Rags won’t be fired up for that one.  They also face the Pens in their final game of the year.  Isles are in good position for now but still have work to do.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Ryan McGill cannot be here anymore after Monday.  I refuse to believe that Marino is this bad, and Luke and Nemec deserve better than to be brought down by Smith and Siegenthaler, respectively.

The Devils need 2 new LDmen even more than a new goalie. I think Marino can bounce back under a new staff.

• Like 2

Not reading this whole thread.

But is anyone else incensed that MacDermaid didn't take on Neanderthal Dumi's kid after his unprovoked assault on Nemec??????

LOOK at that protection he gave his superstar who had ALREADY handled this non-scrum 

Without hesitation he dropped and went after Nemec

The Devs let Jack and Nico get pummeled without ever any retribution

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

But is anyone else incensed that MacDermaid didn't take on Neanderthal Dumi's kid after his unprovoked assault on Nemec??????

LOOK at that protection he gave his superstar who had ALREADY handled this non-scrum 

I was, as well. Did Nemec even agree to the fight? Or did Dummy just start throwing fists? If it’s the latter, how is that not a suspendable action?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Nah, that pissed me off too. This team selectively protects each other; sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. It’s a problem that I want the next coach to address. I’ve had it with that sh!t. 

• Like 2

Looked like Dummy just went after him.  Nemec didn’t even do much of anything, but Matthews had it under control.  There was no reason at all for Dummy to intervene.  fvck him and his dad.

@Jimmy Leeds agree, Devils need a player or two who will be willing to go after guys who hit the Devils’ stars.  Too many opponents have gotten away with that.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I was referring to Carolina playing the Icelanders.

They should destroy them.

Right; but the Isles aren’t the wild card. They are top 3 in the Metro.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Right; but the Isles aren’t the wild card. They are top 3 in the Metro.

And if the season ended today it’s Isles-Canes.

I think a WC team has a better shot against the Rags than the Icelanders do against Hartford.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, njbuff said:

And if the season ended today it’s Isles-Canes.

I think a WC team has a better shot against the Rags than the Icelanders do against Hartford.

If Sorokin gets hot, the Isles could pull an upset. But only if Sorokin gets hot. 

4 hours ago, devlman said:

I was, as well. Did Nemec even agree to the fight? Or did Dummy just start throwing fists? If it’s the latter, how is that not a suspendable action?

Domi has a long reputation for jumping people. He only fights people below his weight class and tries to make sure they're not ready first.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Domi has a long reputation for jumping people. He only fights people below his weight class and tries to make sure they're not ready first.

He learned from the best 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Yeah, real tough guy, isn’t he?