GDT: The Final Game of 2023-24 - 15 April - OTLanders at Devils - 7pm

jagknife

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

I don’t know, but I clearly heard “Rangers suck” earlier and shook my head.

Yeah like someone else said, some of our fans need to read the fvcking room once in a while.  

• Like 2

An extremely disappointing season, but I still believe in this team’s core (Jack, Nico, Jesper, Timo, and Dougie) and youngsters (Luke and Simon) and hope that with better coaching, goaltending, and defense, the Devils can bounce back.

• Like 3

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Hey- entire coaching staff (except Sarge)- 

IMG_5508.gif

I haven’t left a game after two periods since my daughter was a little girl who was simply too tired to keep going.

At 2-0 it was so over.  Contrast that with the team at the beginning of the season that was ragged but never truly out of it.

I’m looking forward to a few months without Devils hockey.  Hope Fitz makes the right moves this offseason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

An extremely disappointing season, but I still believe in this team’s core (Jack, Nico, Jesper, Timo, and Dougie) and youngsters (Luke and Simon) and hope that with better coaching, goaltending, and defense, the Devils can bounce back.

Luke and Simon getting these first seasons under their belts is huge.  

• Like 3

Good coaching can take a team much farther than it should be. The front office has to find the right guy. Really no room for error now.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Who’s the lucky fan who gets Smith’s jersey? I think I’d break out a lighter and just burn it.

I’d tell him to keep it.  And tell him that I’d rather wear a fvcking Rangers jersey than his.  fvck that guy.

• Like 1

I’m sure he’s giving it to his adoptive father, Lindy.

He’ll carry it into Fitz’ office “sacrificing it” for another contract, which he’ll get cause our GM loves that a$$hole as much as our two stupid as hell coaches do

• Like 1

Word is unless your name is Jack, Luke, Nico, Simon, Jesper or Timo you shouldn’t leave any stuff in Jersey cuz Fitz will absolutely move you in the right transaction. Literally everyone else is available. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’d tell him to keep it.  And tell him that I’d rather wear a fvcking Rangers jersey than his.  fvck that guy.

Ok this is a bit much. :lol:

I’d at least take it and sell it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Word is unless your name is Jack, Luke, Nico, Simon, Jesper or Timo you shouldn’t leave any stuff in Jersey cuz Fitz will absolutely move you in the right transaction. Literally everyone else is available. 

IMG_7860.gif

Edited by MadDog2020

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He’ll carry it into Fitz’ office “sacrificing it” for another contract, which he’ll get cause our GM loves that a$$hole as much as our two stupid as hell coaches do

If Fitz keeps Green and/or re-signs Smith, then I’m gonna find it real hard to believe that he’s gonna turn things around.  Really nope neither of these moves happens.  It will feel like the 2024-25 season is already off to a bad start.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smelly said:

And Mercer’s agents have been told that if he wants to stay in Jersey he will have to accept terms reflective of his performance this year. Fitz knows his neck is on the line and isn’t taking any prisoners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If Fitz keeps Green and/or re-signs Smith, then I’m gonna find it real hard to believe that he’s gonna turn things around.  Really nope neither of these moves happens.  It will feel like the 2024-25 is already off to a bad start.

If Fitz did that I might actually boycott the season. Nothing about what Green did here while he was gone indicated he deserves any shot at being the guy. He put Timo back to where he needs to be, other than that we could have stuck with Lindy until the end.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

If Fitz did that I might actually boycott the season. Nothing about what Green did here while he was gone indicated he deserves any shot at being the guy. He put Timo back to where he needs to be, other than that we could have stuck with Lindy until the end.

Agree, Green didn’t show us ANYTHING that suggests that he’s the guy.  If anything he benefitted from absolutely Herculean goaltending and still finished with a pretty crappy record during his run here.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1