Goalie

PaDevsFan

Let me just say this, if Marty (whom I love and think is a great goalie) starts the next game, I will lose all respect for Burns. I have heard people say here "the schedule hasnt been grueling" and well let him play until he has a bad game etc. Well tonight is a bad game, like it or not he could have stopped at least 2 of the goals tonight. So if he starts next game then it is he that is calling the shots as far as his playing time not Burns!

I have to agree with you there.

It's time to let Corey start. That wasn't the Marty I know in net tonight.

That first period was just awful for everyone.

I'm glad Berglund capitalized on his time up though. Sacrificing himself in front of the net was something I haven't noticed the any other Devil do yet this year.

Now if we could just add another roster spot we'd be all set. :uni:

:evil: JesterDevil :evil:

I have to agree with you there.

It's time to let Corey start. That wasn't the Marty I know in net tonight.

That first period was just awful for everyone.

I'm glad Berglund capitalized on his time up though. Sacrificing himself in front of the net was something I haven't noticed the any other Devil do yet this year.

Now if we could just add another roster spot we'd be all set. :uni:

Hmmm, will we be saying good-bye to Gionta?

Schwabby should start on regular predetermined schedule.

So he should be due for a start after about a dozen games.

He shouldn't start a game just because Brodeur and the defense gave up 6 goals the game before.

So yes, he should start.

Because it is his previously scheduled start.

Hmmm, will we be saying good-bye to Gionta?

I say we should keep Gionta, (he gets the crap kicked out of him almost every game and keeps going full steam) and rotate sitting either Mckenzie :ph34r: , Stevenson or dare I say Danton and put Pando back on that line.

Then we should put Berglund on whatever line Elias is going to be on.

Elias has been taking alot of shots from the outside, if Berglund is going to be camping in front of the net like he was tonight, either he'll tip em in or Elias will score more. Plus he'll help out the D with their shots.

Well Pando is back on Tuesday

Lang-Madden-Pandolfo

Berglund-Gomez-Elias <--they worked well

Gionta/Brylin-New-Friesen

Stevenson-Danton-McKeznie

I say

Berglund-Gomer-Elias

Gionta-Newy-Friesen

Lang-Madden-Brylin

Pando-Danton-Stevenson

And we could use Mckenzie to "Tonya Harding" the other teams star player at the start of the first intermission. :wave:

Whatever happened to the Elias at center experiment? Shot down before it got a chance?

I love the sig, brylin.. but I don't think we'll see it as a bumper sticker all over New Jersey. Too bad.

i hate it :)

anyways...i think schwabby should start because its the 14th game and yah, brodeurs been solid, but shwabby nieds some games time. i hope he starts...

Why can't schwab start twice in a week?

Is there a clause in his contract that forbids him from doing so or maybe Marty might feel threatened and demand a trade.

Duh, I almost forgot if marty does not play 75 games a year the earth will tilt off of it's axis.

Gimme a break, let Schwab start against the Ducks and one of the back-to-back games.

Why can't Burns just do what the Flyers do? Play the back-up every 8 or 9 days! I know Marty can play 60 games without breaking a sweat, but like I said in another thread, it just seems prudent. Schwab will get some much needed ice time and Marty gets a break. Both guys ,as well as the entire team benefit. The most important reason in my mind would be to keep Schwab sharp just in case Brodeur ever gets injured. Burns has got to show some leadership and sit Marty every now and then.

What are your thoughts?

Marty did play 70 games and Olympics last year and he was strong in the playoffs. Heavy workloads don't bother him.

But I do wish he'd sit out the Friday game. He won't though because he never gets benched against the Habs, home OR away. I do want Schwabbie to play more games and I'm tired of there always being an excuse to play Marty BUT if he can handle it which he has, I'm not gonna go postal over it.