What's Lou's Next Move...

msweet

"But we will be doing something. I don't think we're through doing things from now until training camp," Lamoriello said.

"We feel these three will add to our defense immensely," the GM said. "Along with the addition of Richard Matvichuk a year ago, the (development) of Paul Martin and also Colin White, we feel extremely confident with our defense. And we also have Sean Brown."

Ok, so what's up his sleeve?

On Defense we have:

White, Raffi, Matvichuk, Martin, Malakhov(upthepuck), McGillis

(This is the starting 6)

Fight for #7

Brown, Hale, Demarchi

And if Stevens plays, and I'm sure he will, who sits???

As for pairs, you'll see Raffi and Martin with one of the big guys to protect them.

I don't see any changes on "D" unless Stevens plays a lot.

I think it's obvious that the moves will come from forward.

Which one will be moved?????

Edited by msweet

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, we need a scoring right wing. so perhaps a center gets moved to another team, or to the right side ?

Gomez may be the most trade-able.

On "D", perhaps White.

The SC experience is always a desired commodity, but at the trading deadline.

Edited by BlueSkirt

Joe Thornton...and I'm sticking to it ;)

Kozlov, Voros (substitue prospect) & a 1st round. HAHAHAHA ;)

I will take nothing less!

Parise-Thornton-Friesen

Elias-Gomez-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Langer

Brylin-Rasmussen-Oliwa

THAT"S WHAT I GOTS TO SAY Yo.

I have no clue what's going on. We have not a ton of room, and still need forward help badly. We gotta dump some of these 3/4 liners, and get some money back.

ALl I knoww is this isn't hte opening night lineup.

First of all, DeMarchi will not be in consideration for a spot on the Devils. He's not even in the top 3 of d-men on the Rats.

Question: Maybe this is too early to think about this, but what's the possibility of us signing Bryan Miller to a contract? He played exceptionaly well in his stint with the Rats and could provide some more depth if we were to trade a guy like White. Very Rafalski-esque and he could provide a much needed offensive punch.

Now to a trade: Well, assuming we do not sign Stevens, I don't think we can part with more than one d-man. Brown and Hale are solid, but since we lack a superstar like Niedermayer, our 3rd pairing will need to pick up some slack. I don't want Brown and Hale both on that line.

IMO, Hale and a solid pick/prospect could get us some scoring punch up front. David will turn out to be a good player, but his recurring Kidney problems are not something I would want to worry about come playoff time.

You guys are nuts if you think we are trading Gomez or Gionta. They were part of our top line last year and they are the best bargin in the entire NHL. Gomez is only at 1M per year and Gionta is less then that. We'd be idiotic to trade either of them.

The only trade bait we have is Kozlov. We need Friesen because we need a 2nd line LW and with Elias being out he's our top LW until his return. Kozlov is the only interchangable part at the moment with ANY trade value.

Bondra. Like I said, stick him with Gomer and relive the Mogilny days. Then put the remaining EGGers either with Koz or with Parise.

Of course, signing Bondra might mean clearing some salary.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why relive the Almo days with Bondra when Almo himself is available?

Gomez may be the most trade-able

When will this end? :argh::argh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed. Gomez is a key component to our offense. Trading him makes no sense.

It's not like we can guess what Lou will do, but hypothetically what if we do use kozlov as bait. what do you think we can get out of another team?

Edited by elias2600

Bondra. Like I said, stick him with Gomer and relive the Mogilny days. Then put the remaining EGGers either with Koz or with Parise.

Of course, signing Bondra might mean clearing some salary.

<JESTER>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why relive the Almo days with Bondra when Almo himself is available?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mogilny has a very bad hip and even talked about retirement -- I wouldn't count on him.

... they are the best bargin in the entire NHL.  Gomez is only at 1M per year and Gionta is less then that.  We'd be idiotic to trade either of them. 

was the biggest bargain my friend, was. they are RFA and do you really expect them to sign for that amount?

White is not going anywhere. He is a Devil and our poster child for development.

I think Freeze, Brown, Marshall, Langdon, Foster and some draft picks are Lou's bargining chips.

I think Lou wants to keep Kozlov and I can't see trading Gomer anyone wanted Gionta (most teams can't size beyond size).