I'd like to introduce...

UnderDogX

I'd actually love to see what he can do with the Stars' UTERUS OF DOOM !!! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No! Never!!!!

Word is out that those jerseys are going to die a quiet, lonely, death after this season. :hail: Not sure why they couldn't have died during the lockout.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go! This is the smiley I made...its a little big but to keep the detail it kinda had to be...still its a small file. I think I'm gonna change my sig for this....Anyone care if I'm the official keeper of Lil' Devil??

Lil-Devil-animated.gif

Edited by UnderDogX

Great stuff. Did you ever think of making a site to use as portfolio for your work? I wish I had skills like that. Keep them coming, good job man.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, actually yeah I've considered it...and more than likely probably will. I mean I just started taking classes that actually pertain to my major which is graphic design but I've yet to have any photoshop teaching...just all stuff I taught myself (and some great tutorials at deviant art) But yeah I probably will get a website portfolio out there eventually....Thanks again to all who commented and as requested here is the Lil' Bruin...I went for a bear theme and I know the Jersey isn't near exact but for the angles and everything I had to keep it on the simpler side...hope everyone likes it!!

LilBruin.png

Great work the Devil is still the best.  Can you do a panther one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, actually I'm going with the Stars and Tampa Bay next (I'm trying to see how teams without animal mascots will turn out) but then the Panthers won't be too far behind! :D

I got stuck on thinking of a Stars idea that looked cool and during the intermission of the game last night I saw how drab the "Dano's Den" logo (if you can call it that) graphic looked so I cooked something up :D

DanosDen.png

Let me know what you think but don't worry more "team smileys" are on the way!

Great work the Devil is still the best.  Can you do a panther one?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, actually I'm going with the Stars and Tampa Bay next (I'm trying to see how teams without animal mascots will turn out) but then the Panthers won't be too far behind! :D

I got stuck on thinking of a Stars idea that looked cool and during the intermission of the game last night I saw how drab the "Dano's Den" logo (if you can call it that) graphic looked so I cooked something up :D

DanosDen.png

Let me know what you think but don't worry more "team smileys" are on the way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i love it! but he's got more teeth than dano does ;D

Well well well....That was a little harder than I thought :D It's been a bit but I finally got the Stars one done...so here he is!

Thanks again for all the great comments and next up will be Tampa Bay...after that I'm just going to play around probably panthers and then Buffalo...not sure though...

Also, Rock, the best advice I can give is to practice practice practice...Graphic Design basically in college consist of every art class you can think of so don't think you can just be good with computers and thats it...we're talking Drawing, Painting, Photography...all of it! Also, don't just stick to one type of computer software for things...not just Photoshop...use Illustrator and get familiar with 3D software too...like Maya. And finally, if Graphic Design is the way she wants to go then make sure she minors or at least takes plenty of business and marketing classes because 85% if not more of Graphic Design has to do with advertising of some sort...other than that...just have fun and make sure its something you love because as you can tell with these...they seem somewhat simple but from brain to paper to computer and finished takes several hours just for one piece!!!

Anyway here is Lil' Star...kept with a starry theme but trying to keep "smiley" style in mind and stayed as far away from the uterus as I could...however the mapped out astrology style hockey stick was influenced by it! :D

LilStar.png

Well, here is another one...this one turned out to be pretty hard as well...trying to come up with something that actually worked was the main problem but overall I would say he turned out pretty good...let me know what you think! Up next will probably be the Panthers...I'm thinking that instead of just a standard panther I'm going to try to incorporate the team colors a bit more...anyway...here is Lil' Lightning!

LilLightning.png

these all clearly need to be made into patches or buttons.

i'd totally sport one

I love them all. But I absolutely adore the Devils one. :evil: I have to ask what may be a stupid question. :unsure: Why are they all round? Is that your choice or the design program you are working with?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, in my original post I really just intended to make a little Devils guy as a smiley...but I also wanted to make it really good quality so I made it really huge so when I shrank it then the quality would stay the same...anyway I thought the Devils one was cute and then made a little Penguin guy (the Devil had speared him with a hockey stick :D ) my fiance thought it was too graphic so I made the penguin looked cute and decided to to all the NHL teams in smiley form...so long story short...they are all round because they are all smileys...effectively I can animate them all like I did with the Devil and like this one I did for a guy on another board (he's a Tampa Bay fan)

*looks way better under a white background*

Lil-Lightning-animated.gif

So, I'm sure no one is really a Lightning fan but feel free to let me know how I did on the animation!!

WARNING POSSIBLY CONSIDERED GRAPHIC!

Here's the one my fiance said was "gross"....I was tired of hearing about Sid the Kid and Sappy Mario so I creatively took out my frustrations... :D

DevVSpen.png