Devils @ Tampa Bay Game Thread 11/25/05 7:30pm

Satans Hockey

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, obviously -

Mogilny's back to being effective. Crasher rightly noted that while Mogilny was making an impact on the scoresheet, he was nowhere near dominant. Tonight he was making moves.

Kozlov can't play like this every game, but he can play like it. I just can't see New Jersey dealing him at this point - he is so strong on the puck and has great skills. Winning will help this guy a great deal in becoming consistent.

Malakhov and McGillis were +3.

Sarich deserved an instigator penalty - what charity from the refs not to give it to him.

Tampa decided not to play defense tonight. The Devils beat them to every puck and dominated them all over the ice. Tortorella's transition strategy is aggressive but it leads to a lot of turnovers - same with his offensive zone strategies.

Also congrats to Brylin on getting 100 goals

He's been on this team for 10 years now...10 years...that's an average of 10 goals a year....That's not very good really...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But he has 8 goals so far ... if he continues with this pace he'll get 25-30 goals this season

Well....took him long enough.  :evil:

Thing is, he wasn't SUPPOSED to score until 2001. They had always placed him out there as a defensive forward. He's killed penalties, he's been on the Pando/Madden line, played on the Carpenter line.... it wasn't his job until they asked him to play on the line with Gomez and Mogilny and he fit right in.

The amazing thing about Brylin is that no matter what job they give him, he can do an adequate job of it. You can't put Gomez on the shut-down line. You can't put Madden on the top scoring line. You can put Brylin on any line and he can do a good job. That versitility makes him a very desireable commodity.

But if you rank a players value solely on the number of goals they get, then Brylin sucks ass.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS020341.HTM

According to this official stats, Kozlov got secondary assist on the seventh goal but he wasn't on the ice when the goal was scored ? :doh1:

Is it possible that he passed the puck to Langs and left the ice before Brylin socred ?

Parise got plus for that goals instead of him...

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS020341.HTM

According to this official stats, Kozlov got secondary assist on the seventh goal but he wasn't on the ice when the goal was scored ? :doh1:

Is it possible that he passed the puck to Langs and left the ice before Brylin socred ?

Parise got plus for that goals instead of him...

He;s the one who dumped the puck intpo Langs... and then left the ice.

He;s the one who dumped the puck intpo Langs... and then left the ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh OK... I don't remember how the goal was setuped....

Not enough video memory in my head for 8 goals I guess :P

Well, it looks like I was right about the Devils turning the corner. At least that's the question I posed to Stan on last week's show.

The Devils look like scoring won't be an issue anymore. Robinson assembled much better lines. Wait till they get back Elias. They're going to be tough. Kozlov had a great game.

Tampa didn't come to play. I didn't see the whole game but could tell right away from the beginning that it had the potential to get ugly.

St. Louis' goal. I heard Chico go nuts over it. But let me ask this. Is a player allowed to try to stuff in a shot on a goalie? Cause that's what it looked like to me.

That fight at the end was interesting. No surprise there.

In any event, the Devs looked good.

scorers made a change after the game:

Brylin was originally given a kicking penalty and a game misconduct. After the game it was changed to a game misconduct for being the third man in. Sarich was given a five-minute penalty for kneeing. Parise got a double minor for high sticking.

No kicking for Sarge and Sarich gets credit for a knee

:rolleyes:

Edited by olesha