• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without

Nordstrom, Kim Johnson, Kronwall, and Havelid on D

and Forsberg, Naslund, and Nylander on O

we are simply not talanted enough.

And after Red gave Friesen such a hard time for turning the puck over in the Ott game... wonder what he would have thought if the devils had a game like this swedish one.

Edited by Swede

Without

Nordstrom, Kim Johnson, Kronwall, and Havelid on D

and Forsberg, Naslund, and Nylander on O

we are simply not talanted enough.

And after Red gave Friesen such a hard time for turning the puck over in the Ott game... wonder what he would have thought if the devils had a game like this swedish one.

It's really the forwards who hurt. Just about all the teams aside from the Canadians aren't exactly strong on defense - the Russians have Zhukov on the 3rd pair and are missing Zubov and Zhitnik, among others who I can't think of.

Johnsson would be excellent on the big ice, however.

Now I'm watching Slovakia - Latvia - these teams have no defense. 4-3 in the 2nd.

I got the scoop from Coat. It is actually a rib injury, it does not sound too serious. Here is most of what he said (greeting and ending taken out):

In 1st period he blocked the shot and then he was crosschecked. I apologize but I have no idea what the proper vocabularies are. It is very complicated to describe these things in English.

cleardot.gif

The muscle between Patrik's ribcages is sprained. Doctors ordered one day of rest for Patty. Patrik said that he felt same today as he did yesterday after the game. It means that the pain is not bigger but it is not better.

cleardot.gif

He should play next game. Even if he miss next game his injury is not serious. NJ fans can be calm.

And that's the report from our correspondent in the Czech Republic. It sounds like Patrik has to rest whether he wants to or not.

Thank God. I didn't even know he was hurt- I starteed reading this thread and saw a post with the words "Elias" and "injury" right next to each other and I almost had a heart attack.

Thank God. I didn't even know he was hurt- I starteed reading this thread and saw a post with the words "Elias" and "injury" right next to each other and I almost had a heart attack.

It doesn't help BTW that my dish needs to be re-aligned, and DirecTV has the worst customer service in the history of mankind. Couldn't watch any TV yesterday, can't watch any today, and won't be able to watch any until tomorrow. :rant::argh:

I can't possibly root for Team USA... not with fools like Esche, Tkachuk, Chelios, Guerin and DiPietro on the team... not to mention Gomez... he still pisses me off cause he's the anti-Devil !! :P

Am I the only person on this board who still likes Gomer? :lol:

Congrats to the Swiss for the huge upset too.. wish I could've seen it.. damn school.. :puke:

3-0 USA end of 1! :clap:

Am I the only person on this board who still likes Gomer? :lol:

Congrats to the Swiss for the huge upset too.. wish I could've seen it.. damn school.. :puke:

3-0 USA end of 1! :clap:

I still love Gomer! :P

On another note, even though I do not like a lot of the players on the USA team, I will always cheer for them because they are my countrymen and they deserve my full support. I do not understand how Americans can not cheer for their own team. Its a disgrace. GO USA! USA ALL THE WAY!

I still love Gomer! :P

On another note, even though I do not like a lot of the players on the USA team, I will always cheer for them because they are my countrymen and they deserve my full support. I do not understand how Americans can not cheer for their own team. Its a disgrace. GO USA! USA ALL THE WAY!

uhh...discgrace??? :huh: that's a bit harsh :) It's called sport...It's not like back in Greece when you cheered for your countrymen cuz you hated every other country...It's natural to root for your own country but still...like I said before most people (including myself) have loyalties to players just as much as teams...and with that comes cheering for another country soley because of that player/s....it makes no one less proud to be an American, Canadian, Russian, whatever to cheer for another country in a certain sport...

uhh...discgrace??? :huh: that's a bit harsh :) It's called sport...It's not like back in Greece when you cheered for your countrymen cuz you hated every other country...It's natural to root for your own country but still...like I said before most people (including myself) have loyalties to players just as much as teams...and with that comes cheering for another country soley because of that player/s....it makes no one less proud to be an American, Canadian, Russian, whatever to cheer for another country in a certain sport...

I don't think disgrace is harsh but you are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine. America is everything to me, and I am privelaged to live here so I feel the least I can do is root for my countrymen. Anyway I don't watch or play sports for fun (unless it is out of a league and I am just hanging out with friends). When it comes to competitive sports winning isn't everything, it is the only thing.

USA USA USA ALL THE WAY!

very good game by the Gionta-Gomez-Tkachuk line... US most dangerous line on this game.

I hope this line stays together, they almost had more goals in the 2nd. They are creating a lot of great oppurtunities.

BTW, if anyone cares, Canada won 5-1 against Germany. Not horribly impressed with that score either, but a win is a win. I haven't watched any of the game yet as I was in class, but we did check the score during break and it was 3-0 after 1. I hope that doesn't mean that they stopped playing at that point.

Edited by Don

McCabe is simply awful. Luongo wasn't tested much but Germany was close to getting 3 goals. One he came way out of the net to knock a puck away and Foote had to block a bad angle shot at the empty net, another shot went through his 5-hole and trickled a couple inches wide of the post. Overall the team played much better, Germany is close-checking and their goalie played well, Bertuzzi had another good game.

USA 1st

Devils players 2nd

Nobody else 3rd

:hail:

I never understood the player loyalty thing. I always root for the front of the jersey, not the back. I mean if a player you HATE is acquired by the Devils are ya gonna hope the Devils lose? If Brodeur is traded to Toronto or NYR, are you gonna follow him like you may have followed him to Team Canada? Please don't bring up "Oh that will never happen", that's not the point.

Bah.

BTW, according to Canoe, Elias has bruised ribs and will be reevaluated tomorrow. In all likelyhood he will be back with the Czech team in the next game or two. They would have pushed him to play today if they were playing tougher competition. Guess that didn't turn out too well.... :P

In the same article it said that Hasek is 40% likely to return, 60% likely to sit out the rest of the Olympics. The doctor says it's up to him to say whether he's feeling well enough to play and at this time he's still got a twinge of pain. The other issue is how unfair would it be to Voukon if he got them into the final and then replace him with Hasek. That's like the Bills and Flutie.

Edited by Don

bertuzzi has been a beast...the same can't be said for mccabe, my god...there is simply no reasoning in using him, his awful skating has been exposed, incredible penalty taking ability, and just all around awful play is front and center stage on the big ice. his supposed "use" on the pp has been zip.