Game 7 Thread, Go Oilers:)

annabelle

CBC will have mad coverage afterwards, they always do, same with the score, but i guess that only helps if your in canada..EH?!!!!

I can't wait for Steve Ludzik's expert analysis! :blink:

My heart wants the Oilers, but my wallet wants the Canes ;)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for Steve Ludzik's expert analysis! :blink:

My heart wants the Oilers, but my wallet wants the Canes ;)

ludsie, what a goofball hey?

naw, there ain't no NASCAR in Alberta. ;)

GOOOOOOO OILERS!!!!!!

Yeah no NASCAR but one of the largest rodeos... :giggle: yeehawww

So good you had to post it twice.

Oh please, we know annabelle started two threads intentionally to try to reverse the good luck of the Oilers :lol:

In all seriousness though in a twisted way it'd be poetic justice if Carolina wound up losing on a legitimately bad call after all the crying wolf they've done on fair calls. Far be it for me to defend them but if Edmonton truly had possession of the puck the whistle would have blown long before Staios flopped onto the puck. That should have been a penalty shot plus power play.

I did and do think the Canes will win regardless though :P They have the better team and a bunch of older guys that need to win the Cup. Hope I'm wrong though heh. Edmonton has been playing well considering Carolina's swarmed them like banshees as expected but the goal went through nine million bodies.

Sidenote: It's amazing to look at both Ward and Markannen's regular season numbers and see not only the disparity between that and their postseasons but to realize they're the starting goalies in Game 7.

Edited by Hasan4978

I'm gonna go bury me head in the sand...what a horrible end to the first year of the "new" NHL. :puke: I guess Atlanta will beat Vancouver next year?

Nah it will be the Ducks and Rangers next year. With unfortuantely Niedermayer and probably two other devils on each team.

What a surprise another Edmonton penalty.

Edited by sandman441

Of course Walkom's going to say it's the right call, officially the NHL still says the Hull toe in the crease was the right call :P He claims Staios never closed his glove on the puck, eh whatever.

I'm envious that both these teams have defensemen that can actually pound the puck at the net on the power play, our defensemen's hardest shot is like 10 MPH :lol: Well not counting Colin White who's not mobile enough to get his shot off and not accurate with it anyway.

I'm gonna go bury me head in the sand...what a horrible end to the first year of the "new" NHL. :puke: I guess Atlanta will beat Vancouver next year?

NO... :blink:

Of course Walkom's going to say it's the right call, officially the NHL still says the Hull toe in the crease was the right call :P He claims Staios never closed his glove on the puck, eh whatever.

It's not like the Canes are going to need that goal anyway. :evilcry:

They got the right call on the non goal at the end of the 1st..wow, am i ever behind in the posting..lmao must be the canadian....mmmmmmBEEEERRRRRR

They got the right call on the non goal at the end of the 1st..wow, am i ever behind in the posting..

Don't know if the CBC had it, but NBC put together a clip showing pretty conclusively that it actually was a goal. Like I said, it's not like the Canes were going to need that goal anyway... :puke:

lmao must be the canadian....mmmmmmBEEEERRRRRR

You're rooting for the Canes AND you drink Molson? :evilcry:

(Where did I put my Labatt?)

Edited by RowdyFan42

A very devilesque 5 on 3 pp

That's what I was thinking that whole 5-on-3 too. BTW, before the last commercial break, Clement said "and if there's no overtime, we'll see the Cup skated tonight on NBC". Inferring that if there is OT and the game goes past 11, they won't show the Cup celebration. I mean.... I don't even have the words for this if it's true. Not that it'll matter anyway, as I fully expect Edmonton to be suffocated and made to look like complete and utter deuchebags for 20 more minutes, but still.