NEW Newark Arena Interior Pictures

Terreri31

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's what I call noes bleeds!

I love the watch the game from the bar idea.

That's what I was thinking! :lol: Those Nose Bleeds look even more bleedier in that model!

I'll like to see some green seats. Like a Green NJ pattern in the seats on one side and DEVILS spelled out on the other!

GIMME GREEN LOU!!!!

Edited by Masked Fan

That's what I was thinking! :lol: Those Nose Bleeds look even more bleedier in that model!

I'll like to see some green seats. Like a Green NJ pattern in the seats on one side and DEVILS spelled out on the other!

GIMME GREEN LOU!!!!

The so called, "Nose Bleads," at the Newark arena will be 100 feet closer to the ice then the Continental Airlines Arena, "Nose Bleads." This is done as roof technology has changed acording to Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek. If you look closer you will notice the arena sections don't go way back rather then up and inwards.

Nice! Thanks for the pics, T31!

Why dont they show the OTHER side -- where they look out the uppers it looks like - with offices up there... I want to see that.

it's so DEVILS to do that... not show a 360 so you dont REALLY trust what the heck your looking at :rant: so TYPICAL!!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

What do you mean? It's a cutaway so there is nothing on the other side of the model.

For those of us with low row number 2nd level at CAA... we'll be moving much further away from the ice for the same $$$.

That svcks.

Terreri31-

The so called, "Nose Bleads," at the Newark arena will be 100 feet closer to the ice then the Continental Airlines Arena, "Nose Bleads." This is done as roof technology has changed acording to Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek. If you look closer you will notice the arena sections don't go way back rather then up and inwards.

"What is this? A center for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read... if they can't even fit inside the building?"

Derek Zoolander

again :)

Anyhow.. I like the way it looks!

Cant wait to be sitting in there!

This sucks, that my Freshman year of college is September 2007 :(.

Oh, and Greg, since I see you in this thread, and since we've argued once already today :P, you've used a lot of comparisons to the MCI Center in how it's rejuvinated/made the area a better place to live. Now, I'm not an expert on the arena's location in DC, but aren't people already coming to DC as tourists/politicians anyway? Wouldn't the lack of tourists hurt the Newark Arena?

Oh, and I drove to the Bears stadium yesterday and got a look at the Light Rail. 2 Weeks open and it's already Newark's Best Kept Secret?

looks pretty good, the 2nd tier looks steep though, they have to keep it this way to keep the seats more on top of the ice. Those nose bleeds are up in everest, but again, at least they're on top of things.

It's being billed as an 18,000 seat arena, but looking at the model I'd say it's more like 21-22,000.

looks pretty good, the 2nd tier looks steep though, they have to keep it this way to keep the seats more on top of the ice. Those nose bleeds are up in everest, but again, at least they're on top of things.

It's being billed as an 18,000 seat arena, but looking at the model I'd say it's more like 21-22,000.

again about those Nose bleed seats. The last row at the Newark Arena will be 100 feet closer to the ice then the last row at the Continental Airlines Arena! The last Newark Arena looks high becuase it's a smaller building thanks to a a smaller roof

When did they decide to put a retractable roof on an arena... is that even possible.

But really, it's gonna be awesome, I'm very excited for october 2007. Should be one of those nights, like the great job the Devs did for Stevens and Dano. I also can't wait till we hang 30 and 26 from those rafters.

This sucks, that my Freshman year of college is September 2007 :(.

Oh, and Greg, since I see you in this thread, and since we've argued once already today :P, you've used a lot of comparisons to the MCI Center in how it's rejuvinated/made the area a better place to live. Now, I'm not an expert on the arena's location in DC, but aren't people already coming to DC as tourists/politicians anyway? Wouldn't the lack of tourists hurt the Newark Arena?

Oh, and I drove to the Bears stadium yesterday and got a look at the Light Rail. 2 Weeks open and it's already Newark's Best Kept Secret?

The Chinatown area of D.C. was considered a very bad part of D.C. until the arena was built. Back then, no tourists would venture in that part of town.

The new light rail needs work. It's slow and there's too many stops for traffic. Shoulda built the thing underground like most of the Newark City Subway, but noooo...

As for the arena's interior, is it just me or is there a retractable roof in the pics?