Crocodile hunter is dead!!!

officerfarva

Its a great thing it wasnt a croc, it would have been devasting to him and his family even more (who have long advocated that they are harmless unless provoked).

Its very sad to hear, especially by a Stingray (which can almost only kill you if it stings you in the chest)

i hate to say it but, you can only push the animal kingdom so far. i've worked with wild animals all my life. i've never been bit or attacked but i also know the limitations of nature. i've never worked with crocs or sting rays but i have worked with raccoons, foxes, quatomundias, servals and other wild cats. you have to respect what you're working with. i'm not at all saying he didn't, but he pushed to far. in my opinion, documtits should be naturalists. it's fine to watch and observe but when you get close and mingle it crosses a very fine line.

with that said, while i didn't agree with his methods, you could truely see the love he had for the animals he worked with in his eyes. i don't think there's anyhting wrong with a professional handeling wild animals that are in captivity, it's the ones that are still in the wild i felt should be observed and not handeled.

my prayers and thoughts go out to his family and friends. this is indeed a tragedy.

Edited by gordienumber9

We were hammered when we heard he died, but the moron that heard it on the radio thuoght the guy said "Steve Earle" so we sang a drunken Guitar Town and talked about him around the campfire as a drunken tribute. LMAO. We laughed so hard when we learned it was actually Steve Irwin and not Steve Earle! :doh1:

We were hammered when we heard he died, but the moron that heard it on the radio thuoght the guy said "Steve Earle" so we sang a drunken Guitar Town and talked about him around the campfire as a drunken tribute. LMAO. We laughed so hard when we learned it was actually Steve Irwin and not Steve Earle! :doh1:

:doh1: Silly Canadians

RIP Steve and may god look over his family :pray:

How many people are just going to town with the rendition of poor Steve Irwin's narration just before the fatal sting I wonder. I just can't get over how much it SUCKS. He made danger so light hearted -- it's so hard NOT to think about it jovially - if that makes any sense. I never even saw his show really .. I've seen Jeff Corwin though.