Congrats To Joe Nieuwendyk On Pt. 1000

Weekes Head

It's hard to believe how much the Devils' season has changed. No longer are they led by Patrik Elias or Gomez.

But by the class of Joe Nieuwendyk. His line is the best one on the Devs.

Congratulations to him on #1000. Well deserved.

Yay Nieuwy!!! :clap::clap:

I'm liking him more and more every day. Hes been playing great lately and hes such a classy and nice guy!

I went to the game Friday and brought a sign that said "506 goals + 493 assists = 999 points One more! Go Get 'Em Nieuwy!". That got a smile and wink from him then he hit my hand (my dad says he went out of his way to since there were people in front of me, so my hand wasnt very far out, but I dunno...) when he came off the ice.

I went to the game Friday and brought a sign that said "506 goals + 493 assists = 999 points One more! Go Get 'Em Nieuwy!". That got a smile and wink from him then he hit my hand (my dad says he went out of his way to since there were people in front of me, so my hand wasnt very far out, but I dunno...) when he came off the ice.

Good for you 27! :)

I was waiting for your posts, NJDev25 & Zenchic!  

Zam, You knew the Dallas contingent wouldn't let you down!

I like that he got a goal. It wouldn't make him unselfish if he got it on an assist. He makes many passes a game that don't become a goal so we know anyone of those passes could have been his 1000th point. I am happy it is a goal because it wouldn't be as nice if he dumped it in and someone got it. Not saying that it couldn't have been a nice assists but not so many are these days.

One more thing about this guy -

Since I get so many of the other teams' broadcasts on Center Ice, I hear what they "competition" have to say about Nieuwendyk. Like today, they were talking about Nieuwy's "strong skating", how he was "flying out there", and they couldn't believe he's on 2 reconstructed knees, and "he looks like he did when he was young", they even said he looks "reborn"! :lol: All good things to hear. Maybe people will even quit prefacing his name with "oft injured" or "wonky kneed" one of these days!

:)

I was waiting for your posts, NJDev25 & Zenchic!   :evil:

Glad to oblige :)

Like my Dallas "pardner" said...you knew the Dallas contingent wouldn't let you down :)

"It was a goal as graceful as the gentleman who scored it. A Monet of a moment, something Joe Nieuwendyk would put up on his wall if goals could fit nicely into 8-by-10 frames. Mike Kerwick, Asbury Park Press 1/18/03"

Wow...who is this guy, Mike Kerwick? Well said by him no matter who he is.

One more thing about this guy -

Since I get so many of the other teams' broadcasts on Center Ice, I hear what they "competition" have to say about Nieuwendyk. Like today, they were talking about Nieuwy's "strong skating", how he was "flying out there", and they couldn't believe he's on 2 reconstructed knees, and "he looks like he did when he was young", they even said he looks "reborn"! :lol: All good things to hear. Maybe people will even quit prefacing his name with "oft injured" or "wonky kneed" one of these days!

:)

That was a great comment made about Nieuwendyk. Made me smile when they said it.

Too bad it had to come from those horrible Pittsburgh announcers, though. They're just... wow. They did play-by-play every 5 minutes or so; the rest of the time they were chattering about who knows what. GAH! THERE'S A HOCKEY GAME GOING ON! COMMENT ON IT, DAMMIT! :angry:

Too bad it had to come from those horrible Pittsburgh announcers, though. They're just... wow. They did play-by-play every 5 minutes or so; the rest of the time they were chattering about who knows what. GAH! THERE'S A HOCKEY GAME GOING ON! COMMENT ON IT, DAMMIT! :angry:

Can ya blame them for not being interested anymore?

Too bad it had to come from those horrible Pittsburgh announcers, though. They're just... wow. They did play-by-play every 5 minutes or so; the rest of the time they were chattering about who knows what. GAH! THERE'S A HOCKEY GAME GOING ON! COMMENT ON IT, DAMMIT!   :angry:

Can ya blame them for not being interested anymore?

Don't care if they're not interested.

Want them to do play-by-play and make color commentary other than, "OHHH MICHAEL MICHAEL, MOTORCYCLE" after Straka scores a goal.