GDT: Pittsburgh @ Devils

MadDog2020

Somehow this is more pathetic than the 5-4 loss last time we played them here. At least then we scored some goals. Nothing is working tonight. Nobody shoots and when they finally do they miss the net.

Against Thibault? Are you kidding me?

and it's 0-3. Oh well. Forget it and move on. Carolina tomorrow.

Edited by PeteyNice

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight, we catch Pittsburgh after they just played a game yesterday, with mighty Jocelyn Thibault in net...and they SHUT US OUT? And we lose Elias and Madden in the process.

One of those days where you're better off staying in bed. Waste of a hockey game. This teams offense is PATHETIC. They don't deserve to make the playoffs with 217gf or whatever anemic total they're on pace for. This team is a house of cards. No depth at all.

Edited by '7'

So let me get this straight, we catch Pittsburgh after they just played a game yesterday, with mighty Jocelyn Thibault in net...and they SHUT US OUT? And we lose Elias and Madden in the process.

One of those days where you're better off staying in bed. Waste of a hockey game. This teams offense is PATHETIC. They don't deserve to make the playoffs with 217gf or whatever anemic total they're on pace for. This team is a house of cards. No depth at all.

meh, you always show up on nights like tonight, don't you. lol @ they don't deserve to make the playoffs - they were 2 points out of being the top seed in the East.

Devils haven't been shut out in a while and frankly they were due. Not a great effort, but there definitely were some good scoring chances.

Edited by Triumph

It makes no sense to me that a team fighting for first place and hasn't played a game in 3 days can get its ass handed to them this bad by a team who played the night before. No excuse. I can't remember one point in this game where the Devils showed any sign of urgency.

How bad do you have to be to get shut out by Thibault. Pittsburgh is a much improved team but they're not that good that you can't even generate scoring chances against them. Its very rare that a Devils game will be so bad that I have to stop watching the game but tonight was one of them. To show no emotion in a game like this just bothers the sh*t out of me.

All around pathetic performance.

Btw any word on Elias?

Edited by SickMan

god you guys are a bunch of panicky people - we just beat Pittsburgh and Buffalo on a short lineup. If we scored one goal, is this game really saved? No - it wasn't a sharp game for the whole team. It was still the type of game we win more often than not.

It's what the game represents Tri. It is one thing to lay an egg against Boston because you couldn't get up for it. But this was a big game against a team chasing us down. At home where we have struggled lately. As has been pointed out the stars were aligned, crappy goalie, Pittsburgh played an OT game the night before, we finally have a full lineup. And what happens? Nothing positive. I still think we will hold them off and win the division, but you can't like what you saw out there tonight.

god you guys are a bunch of panicky people - we just beat Pittsburgh and Buffalo on a short lineup. If we scored one goal, is this game really saved? No - it wasn't a sharp game for the whole team. It was still the type of game we win more often than not.

I don't think it was that bad. I thought the 2nd and 4th lines did ok. Good games frompretty mucht he whole lineup. I thought they just couldn't get anyhting going.

Terrible games for Greene, Lukowich (somehwat),Gomez, Jamie and Patrik. Surprise, surpsise on 2 of the 3.

Also, the Ice. Horrrrrrible tongiht.

Madden and Elias, I hope they were OK. Madden needs to the fvcking net.

Bottom line, Gomez Gomez Gomez Elias Elias Elias. They just can't do anything out there. Our first line needs to be our first line, especially at home.

ZZpop plays very well on most nights, I thought they were ok..but again, Zach was pushed around all night, tooka puck to the face, it was just one of those nights for that line.

23 and 26....where are yOU?

Wow what a bad game to see live tonight. :doh1: The Devils were flat and couldn't get anything going. Very suprised to see the way the Devils played with all the days they had off. Just not very good tonight and now the division just got a little tighter with Pittsburgh gaining 4 points in two days on the Devils to bring the Devils lead only to 4 points. :unsure: Devils need a win tomorrow night in Carolina where it has been a house of horrors there the last few years. get the lead back up to 6 points. Devils have to play a lot better than they did tonight @ home!