Elias out tonight

PeteyNice

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...426_095510_6312

Sportsnet.ca - The New Jersey Devils will be without captain Patrik Elias for Game 1 against the Ottawa Senators tonight.

Elias has not skated with the team for three consecutive days due to the flu.

Devils head coach and general manager Lou Lamoriello said that Elias was feeling better on Thrsday morning, but was not ready to return to game action.

Elias collected seven points in the first round of the playoffs and the Devils won all four games against Tampa Bay when the line of Elias, Brian Gionta and Scott Gomez scored a goal.

The Devils lost the two games in the series against the Lightning when the E-G-G line was held without a goal.

Lamoriello would not say who would replace Elias in the lineup, but he will have a healthy body back on the blue line.

Colin White, who missed the final four games of the Tampa Bay series with a back injury, is expected to return to the lineup tonight.

Edited by PeteyNice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks! But hopefully someone else will step up big time tonight! I think the coaching staff will go with Rasmussen on the top line tonight, just because he's probably a bit better defensively.

Clarkson is a good two-way forward, but I think Lou and Mac are a bit hestitant of throwing him in there....But, who knows, we'll see.

GO DEVILS!

you guys know what position elias plays right?

what about clarkson?

unless you want to move brylin up, gionta down, and put clarkson on the top line with brylin and gomez on the right wing, it's not going to happen. other possibilities include moving rasmussen up, and putting clarkson on the 4th line.

i bet we dress 7 defensemen tonight.

you guys know what position elias plays right?

what about clarkson?

unless you want to move brylin up, gionta down, and put clarkson on the top line with brylin and gomez on the right wing, it's not going to happen. other possibilities include moving rasmussen up, and putting clarkson on the 4th line.

i bet we dress 7 defensemen tonight.

If Elias and Lou think Elias needs to sit out then I believe it's so bad Elias should be sitting out. Elias has never seemed to be a player who plays up his injuries. This head cold may have him vomiting and prone to dehydration and the like where you could dress him and then lose him 10 minutes into the game which helps nobody.