Marty's Backup

ludvig29

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Cujo at less than a mil. I'd also like to see Zach's brother up with the big squad too. I also think they should give Corrente a shot. If he impresses in training camp, why not give him a shot and throw him into the mix. If it works out, it'd be a cheap addition to the defense leaving more money to sign Raffy and Gomer.

Given these two scenarios:

1.) Clemmensen sucks because he's never used.

2.) Clemmensen is never used because he sucks.

... I'd like to believe the first one is more true than the second one. As RD pointed out, Julien had absolutely no control over Brodeur this year; a coach with a spine and Lou's backing will rest Marty more often whether he likes it or not.

Given these two scenarios:

1.) Clemmensen sucks because he's never used.

2.) Clemmensen is never used because he sucks.

... I'd like to believe the first one is more true than the second one. As RD pointed out, Julien had absolutely no control over Brodeur this year; a coach with a spine and Lou's backing will rest Marty more often whether he likes it or not.

Wow I can't believe you really think he can play that much anymore. Hey I'm all for it. I hope the Devils grid him down to nothing.

Put aside your Devils goggles for a minute and think about it objectively.

I'm 39 years old and I know once I got into my late 30's playing sports and recovering the next day became harder and harder. I understand that these guys work out every day and it's their job but NO WORKOUT beats father time. Any coach with half a brain would want to keep his aging goal tender star fresh for the most important games of the year (the playoffs).

But hey I hope Brodeur plays all 82 games next year.

Wow... this is too easy....

I feel honored that we have a world class athlete posting on our site.

Oh, wait a minute, you're not.

But Marty is and has shown he is one of the most durable goalies ever.

It would be good for Philly if he started 60-65... but just right for the Devils for him to start 70.

Wow... this is too easy....

I feel honored that we have a world class athlete posting on our site.

Oh, wait a minute, you're not.

But Marty is and has shown he is one of the most durable goalies ever.

It would be good for Philly if he started 60-65... but just right for the Devils for him to start 70.

I'd laugh my arse off if Belfour was somehow signed as the backup to Marty.

OMG. Yeah.

clemmy is a good back up and espec since brodeur still plays most of the games, but it would make sense to get someone solid just in case. i wouldn't mind belfour.

Do you actually think that Crazy Eddie would agree to play BACKUP, I repeat, BACKUP to Marty Brodeur?

Gimme some of dat wacky weed you're smoking! :blink: