New Jerseys 2007-2008???

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Basically i have been saving for ages to get an Official Authentic Devils Jersey with a name and number on the back from NHL.com.

But with the jersey change coming in this year i decided to wait, now all the old jerseys are gone , and there no indication of when the new ones will be avaliable.

SOOOOOO:

Does anyone know when the new jerseys are scheduled for release?????

Are they going to be released this summer ????

Should i wait till Zach P is signed for the next few years before getting his jersey????

Will anyone else be getting a new style jersey??

(if this is in the wrong forum then please could somone move it)

The new jerseys are uglier, cheaper looking, thinner...and cost more! Why would anybody get one, just because they're "current"? The design looks like crap, get a real hockey jersey. Not some Reebok fantasy of what evolution is.

I keep feeling the like the new jerseys are going to be identical to the current practice jerseys out on the market. If that's the case, it's an overwhelming...meh.

Definately go for authentic current style. I don't think this new Reebok thing lasts long, and if it does, you can always be "old school" and "throwback" in about 10-15 years B )

Dont care for the new Sleek "form fitting" garbage they are throwing at us. I wont be buying a Jersey for awhile,and if they last for more than a season, then I hope I dont wear out the ones that I have. :pray:

I wonder if the design will change at all. I keep reading that teams that have this design team will have goofy looking jerseys if they stay the same.

I wouldn't think so. Look at the pictures from back in the original 6 days when they wore tighter uniforms, the uniforms didn't look goofy. Based on the All-Star uniforms these new uniforms aren't any tighter than the old sweater uniforms.

AS for form fitting they won't actually be form fitting. If you look at the All-Star uniforms this year they weren't form fitting. Also remember they have to fit over pads so what may be tight over pads will be loose when the average joe wears them.

I remember reading an article a few months back addressing the concerns over selling the jerseys to the general public and that Reebok reps said that the jerseys won't fit all that differently on a fan than the old jerseys did. It still sucks that authentic jerseys are pretty much a thing of the past for us now though.

The new jerseys are uglier, cheaper looking, thinner...and cost more! Why would anybody get one, just because they're "current"? The design looks like crap, get a real hockey jersey. Not some Reebok fantasy of what evolution is.

Do you have a picture of these new offending Jerseys, or are you going off the Test ones run at the all-star game.

Or are you just jumping the gun completely, because its change and it is scaring you.

I have a real jersey. Infact i have 3, one from 1986 (Genuine christmas tree), but i want one with a name on the back and they are hard to find in the uk, and often the quality is low, so the new jeserseys are my only option.

I was totally against this idea before, but when they wore these new things in the All-Star Game I became indifferent. It really didn't seem that different at all except for the bottom part being rounded off, which isn't a big deal. Nobody knows yet, but I'm guessing the new Devils jerseys will look very similar to the current ones because of how traditional Lou is.