DEVILS SIGN RACHUNEK

HellOnICE

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is a language thing with English not being your first language, but you do not make any sense

Well, i try my best, Since french is my first language

Tu comprends?C'est tres difficile de m'exprimer mes opinions en Anglais quand c'est ma deuxieme langue.

Is that ok with you ? :)

you are right about one thing zajac, I do not want Devils fans in my arena. As for the Devils arena, the only time they sell out is when they Rangers come to town. You being in Montreal may never notice such things. You are probably too young to remember, but it is a very similar situation that the Nordiques were dealing with in Quebec City, only selling out when the Habs or Leafs were playing.

you are right about one thing zajac, I do not want Devils fans in my arena. As for the Devils arena, the only time they sell out is when they Rangers come to town. You being in Montreal may never notice such things. You are probably too young to remember, but it is a very similar situation that the Nordiques were dealing with in Quebec City, only selling out when the Habs or Leafs were playing.

Rachunek was our best d-man in 2003 when he was playing for Ottawa.

I'm really disappointed with this one, though Karel will help our powerplay. Unfortunately he is also terribly soft. This feels like Tverdovsky all over again.

welcome back....i knew as soon as i heard this signing that you'd hate it and i said so. i expected more vitrol about it though.

Rachunek will be fine. He's got an chance to earn a real contract this year and show the Rags that they messed up in letting him go!

Scotty will have he's "softness" into sandpaper by the end of the year.

HELL HATH NO FURREY LIKE AN EX-RANGER, TURNED DEVIL, SCORNED! :evil:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO THE LEAF NATION!

:gd:

welcome back....i knew as soon as i heard this signing that you'd hate it and i said so. i expected more vitrol about it though.

kinda tough to get pissed after getting no sleep for four days - i swear they put something in the food out there

he does help our power play - greene oduya and martin aren't exactly paul coffey back there.

kinda tough to get pissed after getting no sleep for four days - i swear they put something in the food out there

he does help our power play - greene oduya and martin aren't exactly paul coffey back there.

and rachunek is? thankfully it's one year and cheap dollars that the devils can dump at a moment's notice.

and rachunek is? thankfully it's one year and cheap dollars that the devils can dump at a moment's notice.

I'd argue that Rachunek is a better PP QB than any of them - not saying much, but yeah. He looked very good at times in Ottawa - I mean, if he returns to that form, the Devils have a bargain. It's tough to find players that can put up 35 points from the backline at 1.5 million a year.

However, I do expect to be shouting at the TV at least once a game because Rachunek mostly sucks. Here's hoping the Kool-Aid works on him.

Edited by Triumph

i suppose. it's a good thing you were away as all this transpired. rachunek came first and seemed to be the only thing the devils were doing. i was so incensed that i was calling for lou's head. of course, the zubrus signing made me feel better.

as for souray, the $$ he'll cost are too high, but with this team and marty, he could be a very good addition.

the devils need one more defenseman.

i don't like the andy sutton talk at all either. markov would be fine.

i suppose. it's a good thing you were away as all this transpired. rachunek came first and seemed to be the only thing the devils were doing. i was so incensed that i was calling for lou's head. of course, the zubrus signing made me feel better.

as for souray, the $$ he'll cost are too high, but with this team and marty, he could be a very good addition.

the devils need one more defenseman.

i don't like the andy sutton talk at all either. markov would be fine.

yeah ESPN really didn't help me out much - they told me the Devils signed Zubrus but took it off their ticker incredibly quickly, and I was lucky enough to be unable to sleep at 8 AM to be able to catch it. Rachunek was never displayed.

Andy Sutton is a pilon - dear god no. I'm not a big Danny Markov fan myself - there's a reason he's been on six teams already. Brad Stuart would've been ideal - but if he wanted to move back out to California, so be it. Forgive me for sounding crazy, but what if we traded for Rob Blake? I guess that wouldn't go over too well in LA.

Edited by Triumph

yeah ESPN really didn't help me out much - they told me the Devils signed Zubrus but took it off their ticker incredibly quickly, and I was lucky enough to be unable to sleep at 8 AM to be able to catch it. Rachunek was never displayed.

Andy Sutton is a pilon - dear god no. I'm not a big Danny Markov fan myself - there's a reason he's been on six teams already. Brad Stuart would've been ideal - but if he wanted to move back out to California, so be it. Forgive me for sounding crazy, but what if we traded for Rob Blake?

I think you've disrespected PILONS everywhere with your comments..... :lol: Sutton gets out played by a Pilon, (didn't he play for the Isles..Pilon?) Dany Markov is a Devil type player but he's hurt more often then AJ Burnett of the Blue Jays!!!

I stand by my recommendation of Brent Sopel for his size, ability, cost and the fact he's played for the Isles so he knows all about the Atlantic Division and the intensity involved!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

Rachunek will be fine. He's got an chance to earn a real contract this year and show the Rags that they messed up in letting him go!

Scotty will have he's "softness" into sandpaper by the end of the year.

HELL HATH NO FURREY LIKE AN EX-RANGER, TURNED DEVIL, SCORNED! :evil:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO THE LEAF NATION!

I highly doubt it, his softness is to the bone, hopefully it's one year and he's outta here.

Rachunek was our best d-man in 2003 when he was playing for Ottawa. I'm really disappointed with this one, though Karel will help our powerplay. Unfortunately he is also terribly soft. This feels like Tverdovsky all over again.
Edited by Don