Fire & Ice: DEVILS SIGN WEEKES

Weekes Head

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's at least a dozen other 12-20 game backups out there that are better than that loser - if they signed him for 1 yr at less than 1mil, then ok, but if they gave him 6 years like zubris and too much money i'll know lou is senile and needs replacing

Not sure how anyone can really complain. Weekes is a major upgrade over Clemmer and I would have faith in him in nets.

People can say he sucks but he has had success in this league and that is a lot more than anyone can say for Corey Schwab and look how well he did in Jersey.

This likely means the end of Scott Clemmensen's Devils' career, unless he signs to play for their minor league team in Lowell, Mass. Clemmensen played in only six games and made only four starts in 2006-07, posting a 1-1 record with a 3.15 GAA.

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

This is a good signing, Weekes is a very solid back up. Now hopefully Marty will be able to rest more during the season. I wonder what team will pick up Clemmensen. Also, I think Doyle is a FA, so I can see him signing with another organization to avoid starting a logjam of goalies in Lowell (Parise and Smith already there). All in all a good deal.