DEVILS SIGN VITALY VISHNEVSKI

HellOnICE

First, I like the Vishnevski signing. He wasn't one of the most highly rated available UFA's but he should work in our system. Plus, at 27, there's still a chance he'll turn into that fifth overall draft choice he was supposed to be. Especially if he learns how to play responsible defensively and this is the right system to do it.

Second, I'm hoping Lou signs another defenseman to give a strong, reliable defense. Probably not Souray or Sutton, but a guy like Brent Sopel will give us without a doubt the best defense in the Atlantic and maybe some room to make a minor trade involving Matvichuk or maybe Oduya (I'd hate to see both of them go, but in exchange for a decent forward I wouldn't mind). Of course, it would all depend on how much cap room we'll have left after Martin and Parise get signed...

With Marty and our defense, the Flyers, Rangers, and Penguins still don't have what it takes to win a Cup. And don't worry, the Rangers only win Cups once every 40 years so we have 27 more years to not think about it.

Next year's lineup (if we trade Matvichuk or Oduya for a forward)

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Parise-Zajac-(forward)

Pandolfo-Madden-Langs (yeah I'm bringin it back)

Some combination of Brylin, Viukohla, Clarkson, Rupp, Janssen

Bergen Record says Rasmussen and Dowd may come back. As much as I love them, I'd say no to both. Maybe Dowd if he was willing to be the captain of Lowell!

And finally... name Johnny Mac head coach. New arena, new team, new era. Might as well stick with a rookie coach who's eventually going to be a head coach anyway.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know why people keep on bringing up elias. it is gionta i have mentioned not elias. i watched a number of canucks game this year since they are basically our west coast equivalnt and to say ohlund is not a good dman is idiotic. but then again people on here are saying schnider isn't that good of a goaltending prospect so i shouldn't be surprised. ohlund gives us a dman that steps right into rafi position and is bigger and can quarterback the power play. losing gionta is not that big of a deal and anson carter would do extremely well on a line with zubrus and elias. also what does a player not being in the playoffs say about his individual talent. jason arnott was never in the playoffs before he became a devil and he won us the stanley cup.

gionta for ohlund and schnider is a steal and if lou has a chance he will make that trade.

Losing Gionta would be a really big deal if we don't have anyone to replace his offense. This team has enough trouble scoring.

Lou should offer him a position as comunity development coach.

Working in Jersey, representing the team at a comunity level, showing Kids what can be achieved.

Very nice idea and no doubt Dowd would be an excellent candidate for that, but he might as well just tell kids if they want to acheive what he has done that they will have to leave the state to do it.

Very nice idea and no doubt Dowd would be an excellent candidate for that, but he might as well just tell kids if they want to acheive what he has done that they will have to leave the state to do it.

Mabey so but getting the message out that kids from New jersey stand a chance at making it in the NHL cant be a bad thing.

If anything it might increase the fan base.

So true..Since Andy is 32 and he wants 3.5-4millions/4years, i'd pass.Also..Why adding an other physic/no offense defensemen? When we got better with Vitaly Vishnevski ..Who's 27 and 5.4millions/3years is good for me.
Edited by LOULAM1