Did Anyone Notice?

Luckysteve

The NHL season has officially begun. In typical NHL fashion, the games were played overseas. I'm sure as fans, you all know this, but has any major sporting league ever had a softer opening? I haven't even seen any highlights? It's also interesting that some teams were still playing exhibitions while these 2 games were played. The whole thing just seems redicules to me.

I don't know how you can blame him? What would be his motivation ?? :noclue:

Now Elton John he could be the one held accountable for this crime that has

been committed against the NHL fan base in the USA :rant:

The NHL season has officially begun. In typical NHL fashion, the games were played overseas. I'm sure as fans, you all know this, but has any major sporting league ever had a softer opening? I haven't even seen any highlights? It's also interesting that some teams were still playing exhibitions while these 2 games were played. The whole thing just seems redicules to me.

I couldn't find the tiebreaker MLB game tonight...you know, 1 game after a 162 game regular season to decide the winner and it's not on any network or ESPN1 or ESPN2. If that was the NHL people would be claiming that was an impossible thing to happen to a professional league.

Yes very typical, first ever regular season games played outside the US, Definitely typical.

Not the first. Pens/Preds played a pair in Japan a few seasons ago.

BTW, a lot of regular season games are played outside the US...right up there in Canada. ;)

Edited by sammyk

Just like nobody noticed when the All Star game & skills competition took place, just like nobody noticed when the cup finals started after a long layoff.

Well the NHL never has a big season kickoff like the NFL, it's not big enough (not in the states at least) but what the hell are they doing in apathetic England? What a waste, the game is not taking off there. Switzerland, Germany, Austria, even Norway would've been much better options. I mean c'mon Norwegian women vs English women, no contest.

Edited by '7'

Just like nobody noticed when the All Star game & skills competition took place, just like nobody noticed when the cup finals started after a long layoff.

Well the NHL never has a big season kickoff like the NFL, it's not big enough (not in the states at least) but what the hell are they doing in apathetic England? What a waste, the game is not taking off there. Switzerland, Germany, Austria, even Norway would've been much better options. I mean c'mon Norwegian women vs English women, no contest.

Glad to see your coming up with your usual bull$hit, same response different thread, When was tha last time you were in England "7".

But hey screw it i can just sit back and enjoy the satifaction of knowing that it annoyed you, that we got to see the NHL.

Not the first. Pens/Preds played a pair in Japan a few seasons ago.

BTW, a lot of regular season games are played outside the US...right up there in Canada. ;)

Dam it :doh1:

Glad to see your coming up with your usual bull$hit, same response different thread, When was tha last time you were in England "7".

But hey screw it i can just sit back and enjoy the satifaction of knowing that it annoyed you, that we got to see the NHL.

Dam it :doh1:

Wait a minute...a hockey forum...blaming things...

and no one's blamed Canada yet?

You folks gotta get on the ball.

I'm also impressed no one's actually physically blamed Gary Bettman yet either. I had to re-read the thread twice because it was so shocking.

So I am going on record as blaming Canada and Gary Bettman for...

...what was it now?

Something about a boat...? Or world hunger...? :noclue: