New Arena New Traditions

Devs4LIFE

The new arena is opening in three days and I don't think we realize how lucky we are, this gives us the chance to start our own traditions or chants or what have you. I figured that there enough people on these boards that if we all agree to something it will eventually catch on to all of the other fans, anyways I figured I would suggest my idea and then everyone can post there's and hopefully an idea will gain enough popularity.

Anyways, my idea is that for all of the fans taking the train in, no matter what line, we all sit in the last train car. I think it would be pretty cool if all of the Devils fans got into one train car because it could lead to friendships among fans, good hockey discussions, and "Rangers suck" chants at every stop.

So don't be bashful, go ahead and post your ideas and maybe you'll be able to tell your grandchildren that you started the infamous tradition at the Rock.

-no 'rangers suck' chants, except during rangers games.

let's try showing other teams (and ourselves) that we're not a bad fanbase!

I love the "Rangers Suck" chants. Personally, I can't wait to be a part of the first one at the Rock. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

I just hope we're more vocal at the new barn. It used to p!ss me off how quiet it could get at the Meadowlands. There would be times that someone would try to start a chant, and people would look at the person like he was disturbing the peace or something. Anything loud and/or obnoxious gets my vote. Let's give the boys a real home ice advantage.

My only beef with the rangers suck chant was that I was at a Devils/Rangers game at CAA and some Devils fans started chanting rangers suck and booing the rangers while the national anthem was being sang, that really pissed me off and embarrassed me as a Devils fan.

The new arena is opening in three days and I don't think we realize how lucky we are, this gives us the chance to start our own traditions or chants or what have you. I figured that there enough people on these boards that if we all agree to something it will eventually catch on to all of the other fans, anyways I figured I would suggest my idea and then everyone can post there's and hopefully an idea will gain enough popularity.

Anyways, my idea is that for all of the fans taking the train in, no matter what line, we all sit in the last train car. I think it would be pretty cool if all of the Devils fans got into one train car because it could lead to friendships among fans, good hockey discussions, and "Rangers suck" chants at every stop.

So don't be bashful, go ahead and post your ideas and maybe you'll be able to tell your grandchildren that you started the infamous tradition at the Rock.

If every Devil fan taking the train to the Rock (regardless of line) sits in the same car you're going to have one car looking like the Calcutta express.

The Ranger's Suck chant is just plain embarrassing, right up there with Ole'

Agree!

But leave it to some drunken moron with a loud mouth to get it started. The only think they probably know about the Devils is that the Rangers are the "bad" guys...

..oh and Marty, everyone knows Marty....

Im so over Rangers suck.. I liked it for maybe a season. I pretty much phase it out now.. even during ranger games actually.

I am totally down with scaring the crap out of all others on the train and sitting in the same cars lol.. but I am so unskilled with trains that I will just be happy to get on for the first few times!

I like the Rangers Suck chant.. it cracks me up! I like to see how many people do it and then watch the puzzled looks on other fans.. mostly parents/older folks/first timers.. who haven't a clue what it's all about... But I do agree it's kinda stupid to do it when we aren't playing the team that game! What sense does that make... Though I have to say when I watch the game at home and I hear it in the background on tv.. I laugh (devilishly) so hard! Hee hee.. :hah:

Oh and I like the idear of sitting in the back of the train (if you can get a seat there)! I'm in on that...

Edited by JerseyGirl71

If every Devil fan taking the train to the Rock (regardless of line) sits in the same car you're going to have one car looking like the Calcutta express.

ooh i like the idea of the Game Car on the train out!

You can't have a tradition that pre-dates the beginning of something.

Yes you can. It's a njdevs.com tradition.

I will just be happy to get on for the first few times!

Me 2. I'll prob end up in a bad hood with my luck....

Edited by Elias26

Let's get on the other team's goalies more. It goes on in the playoffs, it goes on in other arena's, and it goes on in college. Long, stretched out chants of the opposing goalies name after we score (getting louder with each successive goal) is awesome.

-no 'rangers suck' chants, except during rangers games.

let's try showing other teams (and ourselves) that we're not a bad fanbase!

:hail: i have been saying this for 3 damn years! it's so annoying!

i'm gonna go for my own personal tradition of not getting banned from this arena, sneaking in and out of every game the past 2 seasons was getting old...that's not to say i won't fight once i'm outside. :-D