The plus (+) minus (-) of The ROCK

El Diablo

yeah but, you would think on opening night, when 97% of the people have never been there before, that they might want to have put signs, no? And i would have loved to explore the rock and learn all the super sekret staircases but they didnt let me in until 45min before the game and i was hungry and tried of standing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 - I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone post this yet, but on the main concourse, did anyone see the Cigar station? You could buy from a variety of different cigars OR actually have a cigar handrolled for you. I've been to about 20-25 different arenas in my lifetime, and have NEVER, EVER seen something like that!

+1 - I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone post this yet, but on the main concourse, did anyone see the Cigar station? You could buy from a variety of different cigars OR actually have a cigar handrolled for you. I've been to about 20-25 different arenas in my lifetime, and have NEVER, EVER seen something like that!

Was at the Wachovia Center for Van Halen.. they had a HUGE cigar bar..

-1 for asinine entry into the game...I'm hoping this was simply an opening night thing tho when you go from 4 entrances to 2? Somehow I doubt it! (tho I did see Kevin Smith walk past as I waited in line to get to Will Call!)

-1 for their lack of the Irish Pub!! (I want my Smithwicks dammit!!)

-1 for the tight seats... (now I know how they got those large capacity numbers!)

+1 for having much better food on the concourses.. (the sweet-n-sour chicken rocked!)

+1 for not really having to wait in long lines in women's restrooms!

(-1) Skinny Seats / too narrow a ledge in front of you. CAA seemed wider. I was in the 100's

(-2) Narrow upper level concourse. Took me 20 minutes to get from 128 to 110!! Confusing ways to get downstairs. Escalator not reversed until middle 2nd period ( i watched while they did it..)

(+1) Parking - No issues with parking. The garage I parked at only had 40-50 cars in it, one block away. $20

(-2) Narrow upper level concourse. Took me 20 minutes to get from 128 to 110!! Confusing ways to get downstairs. Escalator not reversed until middle 2nd period ( i watched while they did it..)

You definitely weren't there on Wednesday. I circumambulated the upper concourse 7 times between the first and second period.

Ill try the arena out again, but I went from getting season tickets to this year, to going 1-2x a year and watching from home the rest. I did not enjoy my experience at the arena opening night... so I'll try again in like February when any and all kinks should be worked out.

Ill try the arena out again, but I went from getting season tickets to this year, to going 1-2x a year and watching from home the rest. I did not enjoy my experience at the arena opening night... so I'll try again in like February when any and all kinks should be worked out.

I think you were expecting too much.

I, and most everyone I've asked absolutely loved it.

-200 The nieanderthal mongoloids that make up the majority of 232 and 233. The absolute disgusting display of why people hate this country was on center stage up there tonight. "FVCK TORONTO" chants over and over and over again followed by yelling at a female Leaf fan to "SHOW YOUR T!TS!!!", and my favorite, the "USA! USA! USA!" chant. Also yelling "HIT THE CANADIAN!!" when Leaf players had the puck. It's amazing how incredibly stupid people can be. These cretins think they're smart and funny. The problem with this place is it's got so many sections it's hard for security to be everywhere, but these two sections are a riot waiting to happen. I felt awful for the parents with kids as well as any females sitting in this section full of date rapists. I always thought the movie Canadian Bacon was rediculous because the portrayals of the American characters was so over top and rediculous. My section makes them look like scholars.

-200 The nieanderthal mongoloids that make up the majority of 232 and 233. The absolute disgusting display of why people hate this country was on center stage up there tonight. "FVCK TORONTO" chants over and over and over again followed by yelling at a female Leaf fan to "SHOW YOUR T!TS!!!", and my favorite, the "USA! USA! USA!" chant. Also yelling "HIT THE CANADIAN!!" when Leaf players had the puck. It's amazing how incredibly stupid people can be. These cretins think they're smart and funny. The problem with this place is it's got so many sections it's hard for security to be everywhere, but these two sections are a riot waiting to happen. I felt awful for the parents with kids as well as any females sitting in this section full of date rapists. I always thought the movie Canadian Bacon was rediculous because the portrayals of the American characters was so over top and rediculous. My section makes them look like scholars.

Oh I'm not blaming anyone but those people, but if this was the Meadowlands, sooner or later during the game, security would be up there warning people and then hovering over the section. I just don't see that happening here. I've yet to see security in this building other than the rediculous airport security check on the way in. I don't know where they dissapear to after that, but I sure as hell wouldn't mess around with those guys keeping an eye on my section. I'm hoping to see some Flyer fans dragged out by their mullets by these monsters next Thursday.

Pluses:

- Cupholders even in $10 seats. Nice. I did not have a problem with the seats but then again my ass doesn't have its own Congressman.

- Two blocks to the train and you can get to the tracks without actually entering Penn Station.

- The scoreboard rocks

- The sneaky elevator to outside.

Minuses

- Lack of signs. Went down the stairs during the first intermission and ended up outside since I never saw any signs saying I had reached the lower concourse.

- Lack of coordination getting inside as has been mentioned

- Sales staff who had no clue how to use the credit card machine, what a pennant is or how to count to eight without using their fingers as a reference.

- Lack of a dedicated out of town scoreboard. Scrolling sucks.

Maybe since there was such a public worry for safety that all of the security is being focused on the entrances? :noclue: It seems like the security is so worried about who enters the building, that they are forgetting about the actual inside of the building. Anyway, I don't think there is a need to create those obnoxious cheers if the fans of the other team are minding their own business. However, if the opposing fans are acting like hot sh!t, I don't mind those chant that are intended to shut them up. In the games against divisional opponents, I'm sure there will be obnoxious fans from the other teams, and hopefully the obnoxious fans that you talk about will work on shutting them up.

• 2 weeks later...

All the minuses for escalators not switching at your personal convenience? Take the stairs, elevator. there are numerous ways downstairs.

My only minus has to be the lack of NHL-related material/information on the screens. Every flatscreen has some nfl crap. CAA used to have league leaders and standings. I havent seen that even on the big scoreboard once at the Rock. Not even player pictures. And the out of town scoreboard needs to be a permanent fixture somewhere.