Questions for Jeff Vanderbeek

tip30devs

Alright folks, as the title says, post up your questions about the new arena. I have a bunch I would like to ask myself.

1. Why did you pick Newark? Was it the $$$ involved, or what?

2. Why are the lounges only open to either season ticket holders, or specific ticket holders, and NOT to the general public?

3. Why are the seats so narrow in the upper levels? With over 300million spent on this place, why did you chose the poor seating arrangement?

Copy and paste from here on out.

I want to send him a letter in response by Monday the 11th, so if you all could get them into this post by then it would be much appreciated.

Reason I guess i'm upset with the location of this place is because I am originally from Bergen County(Cliffside Pk)and now residing in West MILFord. The ease of driving to the Meadowlands is now replaced by the "lack of" access to trains in my area. There's no way in hell i'm taking a train from my end of the woods to Newark. Either I drive and pay out the azz for parking, or sit comfy on the couch remote in one hand, beer in the other, stogie in mouth....i think I just answered my own question....:lol

Post away!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason I guess i'm upset with the location of this place is because I am originally from Bergen County(Cliffside Pk)and now residing in West MILFord. The ease of driving to the Meadowlands is now replaced by the "lack of" access to trains in my area. There's no way in hell i'm taking a train from my end of the woods to Newark. Either I drive and pay out the azz for parking, or sit comfy on the couch remote in one hand, beer in the other, stogie in mouth....i think I just answered my own question....:lol

My question for you: Why do you think the universe revolves around Bergen County? You people had your chance to support the Devils for 25 years and you didn't get it done. Time to give the rest of the state a fighting chance.

My question for you: Why do you think the universe revolves around Bergen County? You people had your chance to support the Devils for 25 years and you didn't get it done. Time to give the rest of the state a fighting chance.

I totally agree. The arena is more accessible than ever before. And if you are forced to drive you can park in a safe lot, only a couple blocks away, for $15. Thats only a few dollars more than CAA parking and the walk is a lot shorter, if you had parked at Giants Stadium.

alright... as a season ticket holder, I've been wanting a chance to ask this... since I know she was getting these perks years ago and they still get them...

as a Dallas Stars STH, they get:

*Full Season Seat Holder Benefits*

--Guaranteed same seat for Stanley Cup Playoff option (ok we get that)

--Significant savings off box office single game ticket prices (you need to sit in the overpriced seats to see this, they get a discount ARENA WIDE)

--Ability to purchase additional discounted game tickets before the general public (again we pay full price, and they get a season ticket rep)

--Stars membership to the Stonebridge Ranch Country Club, official Club of the Dallas Stars.

--My Stars Tickets

I am not looking to start a peeing match here with a feud against BC residents and Newark residents, just composing a list of things you wish to ask him. I gave my reasons, if you don't agree with them, fine, i'm entitled to my own opinions, just as you are.

Fire away! :blahblah:

CRASHER, it's possible that those things you mention that the Stars do may be implemented over time by the Devils. Might not have been feasible to do from day one. Give them time to settle in, pay down some arena debt, build partnerships with things like country clubs and such and acquire parking. Not saying they will but who knows, they may have though of these things already. Of course, it doesn't hurt to tell them either.

I like the new location, even if its not a simple drive, its a trainride. the way there takes about an hour, (took me 45 for caa) then back it takes about 20.

It is the simplest of drives though!! I want to know where this myth of tough driving and parking into Newark came from. I drove to the game the other day, got in and out with ease.

Alright folks, as the title says, post up your questions about the new arena. I have a bunch I would like to ask myself.

1. Why did you pick Newark? Was it the $$$ involved, or what?

2. Why are the lounges only open to either season ticket holders, or specific ticket holders, and NOT to the general public?

3. Why are the seats so narrow in the upper levels? With over 300million spent on this place, why did you chose the poor seating arrangement?

Copy and paste from here on out.

I want to send him a letter in response by Monday the 11th, so if you all could get them into this post by then it would be much appreciated.

Post away!

Your questions are pretty easy to answer.

(1) It is much easier to get to for a lot more people, there's other stuff to do while you're in town, there's already tons of people in the city during the day, all this is supposed to equate to more people at the games

(2) Because as already mentioned, you can't fit everyone in there. This also provides an incentive to buy the expensive stuff.

(3) So they can fit more seats. If you are expecting a nice big comfy recliner or something for $10 then you are just being ridiculous.

It may be harder for you to get to, but much easier for a lot more people.

CRASHER, it's possible that those things you mention that the Stars do may be implemented over time by the Devils.

Oh please, this is the Devils we're talking about :P They don't even like to market at the AHL level apparently :rolleyes:

Probably a lot of the stuff CRASHER posted I wouldn't bother using anyway but it is eye-opening. Hell I got a free media guide from the Mets for having a lousy weekend plan (admittedly it probably came from the ridiculous handling fees though), the Devils don't even bother with giving most STH's anything except the ability to buy more stuff before anyone else and expensive food at the restaurant :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

We seriously need to get our sh!t together when it comes to taking care of the STH!

This is the first year of the Rock. More perks and benefits will come when this place begins to feel a little more like home.

Oh please, this is the Devils we're talking about :P They don't even like to market at the AHL level apparently :rolleyes:

Probably a lot of the stuff CRASHER posted I wouldn't bother using anyway but it is eye-opening. Hell I got a free media guide from the Mets for having a lousy weekend plan (admittedly it probably came from the ridiculous handling fees though), the Devils don't even bother with giving most STH's anything except the ability to buy more stuff before anyone else and expensive food at the restaurant :lol:

But for club seats that food is free.

But for club seats that food is free.

Tis why I said 'most STH's' don't get any tangible benefits...like CRASHER said you have to sit in the most expensive seats to get anything in terms of perks.

This isn't just about Lou, it goes back to McMullen and his famous quote after '95 when he was asked about the team's lack of marketing, he said something to the effect of 'The team is the best marketing possible'.

I do think Vanderbeek will be better going forward when he's not preoccupied with just overseeing the arena from scratch, but among other things even the promotional schedule this year stinks. There's like seven giveaways, and most are unimaginative - calendar, magnetic schedule, puck, collector's pin. Once they see the building won't totally sell itself this year they'll probably do more of that out of neccesity if nothing else.

Edited by Hasan4978

alright... as a season ticket holder, I've been wanting a chance to ask this... since I know she was getting these perks years ago and they still get them...

as a Dallas Stars STH, they get:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Maybe just maybe the Stars are one of the best PR clubs.

Wait until they get settled in before you throw a hissy fit. :noclue::P

Why are the ushers on the lower level get bossy when you want to go down for warmups?

I have yet to have this problem, nor have many others... try smiling as you walk past them :P

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Maybe just maybe the Stars are one of the best PR clubs.

Wait until they get settled in before you throw a hissy fit. :noclue::P

I've had season tickets (well partials till now) since 2003, this team has had PLENTY of time to get with it with giving back some damn perks and more now so where the GOAL should be to get asses in the seats even at a LOSS since people will eat drink and be merry in the arena now... it's short-sighted!