GDT: NJD vs. NYR, The "I'll See You in Newark" Edition

Devilsdude530

The stats are pretty much even for this game..powerplays, shots on goal, Devils edged the Rangers in scoring chances....

Devils disadvantaged in hits (Duh, no defense.) AND blocked shots. (Duh, no defense.)

And goaltending. Marty let two softies in, one partially because no one was guarding the crease, and they were the difference.

God is our defense bad.

Edited by Cowutopia

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a major shake up needs to happen be that firing a coach, trading away an upper echelon player, or having lou talk to the team. i want gionta traded and bergfors brought up to play with the big squad. if we can get a border line number 1 dman like ohlund the deal needs to be made.

Well I noticed .Martin was missing...that didn't help.

I love ZZL...just awesome for those guys.

Gotta figure something out with elias and gionta.

Brodeur....granted his defense blows but he failed to make one huge stop tonight. LUndqvist did, .I usually give marty a lot of leeway, but he needed to stop two, if not three of those...sad game by him. Weekes should be in friday.

PP...oy vey.

Officiating still horrible on both sides tonight. When they aren't in the way they are making bad calls and missing a few obvious ones...

Finally....I hope Mike Rupp has played his last game as a Devil. He was total garbage tonight.

You always want Gionta traded.

I think Bergfors is great but there is no way the guy would make the impact required on the team, mabey in a year.

Gionta is the only person on this team with the speed to make stuff happen out there.

Or are you already forgetting the last game against the penguins where he set up two goals.

The only time you ever post anything on here over 6 words is when its time to complain.

You always want Gionta traded.

I think Bergfors is great but there is no way the guy would make the impact required on the team, mabey in a year.

Gionta is the only person on this team with the speed to make stuff happen out there.

Or are you already forgetting the last game against the penguins where he set up two goals.

The only time you ever post anything on here over 6 words is when its time to complain.

"Firing of the coach"--not happening

"trade an upper echelon player"--for who

"Lou talking to the team"---uhhh....

"Gionta traded, Bergfors brought up"---great, just what the league needs, another small, uninterested Euro...

The Devils lost to a better team tonight while giving a crap effort....most teams in the league are somewhat better then the Devs this season..why, after every loss, does the orginazation need to make wholesale changes?

tremendous job breaking the thread, Confusious.

The Rangers are simply a better team at this point. They're getting better goaltending and better defense, and that's the difference. It would be nice if Sutter would consider Zubrus with Elias and Gionta - it would also be nice if Gionta could start scoring, especially on a breakaway, and it would be nicer if the Devils had defensemen who could hit the net with the puck.

Based on that first goal, I'm pretty sure Brookbank's day job these days is as a traffic cone on the McCarter Highway construction. I think he just now reacted to the shot. I like Brookbank's shot and willingness to play physical but man does he make some awful plays.

Oduya's best game of the season.

Without Paul Martin, this team is in serious trouble.

Andy Greene cannot be out on the ice when Jagr is out there.

I thought the refs were starting to get on a roll, but nope - once again, a poorly officiated game from them. From a garbage Vishnevski boarding call that sucked any physical play out of the rest of the game to a ticky-tack interference on Elias to a non-call on a defenseman in the third, the refs did quite a lot to assist the Rangers to victory.

EDIT - I would trade Gionta too, but for a similar right winger. He's not getting moved for defensive help, and Nicklas Bergfors' numbers in the AHL are worse than Gionta's.

Edited by Triumph

"Firing of the coach"--not happening

"trade an upper echelon player"--for who

"Lou talking to the team"---uhhh....

"Gionta traded, Bergfors brought up"---great, just what the league needs, another small, uninterested Euro...

The Devils lost to a better team tonight while giving a crap effort....most teams in the league are somewhat better then the Devs this season..why, after every loss, does the orginazation need to make wholesale changes?

Triumph, I take it you missed the slash on Staal's stick that led to the Devils 2nd goal. The Vishnevski call was clear boarding, the hit was from behind and it is not as if Prucha (or whoever it was) turned at the last second. Stop blaming the refs, makes you sound like a real b!tch.
Edited by Triumph