GDT: NJD vs. NYR, The "I'll See You in Newark" Edition

Devilsdude530

Haha, well I don't get to sit downstairs allll the time. Only when my Dad decides he wants to sit downstairs. Ususally he and I are somewhere upstairs. I think he gets nervous (even though I'm friggin 22 now and not 10 years old) sitting upstairs with me during Ranger or Flyer games. I really need to buy my Dad tickets one of these days since I've been a mooch for, well, my whole life.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come sit in 209... we police ourselves good for the most B )

We need something more drastic... like cut his brakes but leave a sign on the car to not drive so he doesn't kill someone with a purpose in life on the way :P

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Pandolfo-Madden-Clarkson

Pelley-Brylin-Asham

White-Martin

Greene-Rachunek

Vishnevski-Oduya

PP:

PZL

Martin-Rachunek

EZG

Greene-White

PK:

Madden Pandolfo White Martin

Pelley Brylin Vishnevski-Rachunek

Can we just get this full lineup out there for once this season before more people start getitng hurt!

I'm extremely disappointed in myself. I bought tickets for this game giddy at the idea of booing Gomez. But that scumbag Avery and his comments toward Jason Blake just had me so fired up and pissed off that I couldn't care less about Gomez.

Avery = biggest piece of trash in the NHL. Perhaps the world.

I don't even care that we lost tonight. It all would've been worth it if someone beat Avery over the face with a baseball bat after the game. Honestly, I've never hated a professional athlete as much as that heartless, spineless, gutless piece of crap. Wade Belak says someone will kill him one of these days. I don't think that day can come soon enough.

The Devils will turn their season around, but Avery will never be a decent human being. Goddamn, I wish Stevens was still playing. What I wouldn't give to see someone just destroy Avery's life. And the fact that Rangers fans were defending him tonight made it even worse. Right is right and wrong is wrong. In the grand scheme of things, hockey games are just hockey games, but someone belittling another person's battle with a deadly disease is totally inexcusable. Avery should be banned from the league, and every cancer survivor on the planet should be allowed to take turns punching him in the face while dogs crap down his throat.

pretty obvious, really.

1 - most of this game was played without the Devils' top 2 defensemen. They're going to sign another one this coming off-season. So they were without their top 3 defenders. Not many teams are that deep.

2 - It's Sutter's first year in the league as a coach. He's been coaching juniors the last year and got to New Jersey a day before training camp opened. He doesn't know the league as well as most of the players and the rest of his coaching staff, nor does he know his own players - he's used this season as an extended training camp, to me. Lots of different players playing lots of different roles.

3 - There's a lot of new players on the Devils. Again, the only defenseman who finished tonight's game who started on the team last season was Johnny Oduya.

4 - Improvements by Parise, Zajac, Clarkson, Pelley, and Greene. Only Brodeur, Weekes, Madden, and Pandolfo should decline.

oh jeez macissac that's terrible. rhett warrener is an old NHL type of defender.

We need a body and Lombardi is worth as much as Gionta if not more due to salary. Brylin has very little value at this point. We really need a defensmen to plug in this year. We bomb this year we lose fans that will never come back...with a new arena we can't afford that and Warrener will help our PK and eat some minutes so Oduya and Greene can actually develop a bit.
Edited by Triumph

Good to see the boys put in a full 11 minute effort tonight....

-First home game in a new arena against your arch rival

-Your old teammate comes back for the first time

-Your goalie is againlooking to get # 500

Joke of an effort tonight with the excpetion of Parise, Langenbrunner, and, stupid penalty aside, Oduya.

Edited by DevilinLA

pretty obvious, really.

1 - most of this game was played without the Devils' top 2 defensemen. They're going to sign another one this coming off-season. So they were without their top 3 defenders. Not many teams are that deep.

2 - It's Sutter's first year in the league as a coach. He's been coaching juniors the last year and got to New Jersey a day before training camp opened. He doesn't know the league as well as most of the players and the rest of his coaching staff, nor does he know his own players - he's used this season as an extended training camp, to me. Lots of different players playing lots of different roles.

3 - There's a lot of new players on the Devils. Again, the only defenseman who finished tonight's game who started on the team last season was Johnny Oduya.

4 - Improvements by Parise, Zajac, Clarkson, Pelley, and Greene. Only Brodeur, Weekes, Madden, and Pandolfo should decline.

oh jeez macissac that's terrible. rhett warrener is an old NHL type of defender.

Triumph, I take it you missed the slash on Staal's stick that led to the Devils 2nd goal. The Vishnevski call was clear boarding, the hit was from behind and it is not as if Prucha (or whoever it was) turned at the last second. Stop blaming the refs, makes you sound like a real b!tch.
Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The Rags have the best goals-against average of any team in the league, better than Ottawa.

It is less than 2.

But the Devs had another lackluster effort in the second period.

Sure they are working hard, but their intensity was low.

And right now I feel the fans confidence in Brodeur is low, and possibly the players too.

Hell, it appears to me that #30 is even questioning himself right now.

His former swagger has yet to be seen this year.

Hopefully when I go tomorrow, a strong effort will produce win # 500.

The Rags have the best goals-against average of any team in the league, better than Ottawa.

It is less than 2.

But the Devs had another lackluster effort in the second period.

Sure they are working hard, but their intensity was low.

And right now I feel the fans confidence in Brodeur is low, and possibly the players too.

Hell, it appears to me that #30 is even questioning himself right now.

His former swagger has yet to be seen this year.

Hopefully when I go tomorrow, a strong effort will produce win # 500.

because our defensive inadequacies are not going to be solved anytime soon, we need to deal one of our top flight wingers for a sure thing like ohlund. i know we have some d prospects in our system. but david hale was supposed to be a number 1 pairing type of guy and we know what happened with that.

I understand the some of the reactions here; some of you are too young or too new to remember anything other than Devils success, so you think you're entitled to having a Stanley Cup contender every single season. It doesn't work that way...if you're lucky, you have nice, long cycles where your team does indeed contend for a Cup year after year, but eventually those cycles come to an end (or a slight dip), and it then takes some time to try to build another cycle. How long? Who knows. But if this is the beginning of a downturn, just remember that you got to see three Championships (depending on when you jumped aboard), and in the years you didn't, you got to see a team that at least had a chance to compete for one. All in all, that you makes you pretty lucky. But not entitled.

I dunno... I was PLENTY close to the fight in 209... I don't think I like it much :P

seems that one guy pushed the other guy's kid and the parent went psycho and pounded the piss out of the other guy... blood from his eye and face and they tumbled down a row or two and the dude was still pounding him like veal... security was lost and trying to kick out a random ranger fan who was being an ass but the section had itself in control and it took them a damn near MINUTE to get over there and do something (guess security needs to learn what it takes too eh ?)... really not the best of things to be into ... and I'd rather see Clarkson throwing punches on ice, then Rupp sucking up dark matter personally :rant: