Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

They definitely need to do something over there - come to think of it, I think it would be a great place for the Ring of Fire/Devils Hall of Fame deal we keep talking about.

After last season ended, Vanderbeek mentioned he wanted to put a bar or restaurant in that space up there and I believe he said that would happen over this past summer. At the rate things get done there, I'd say it will be up and running around 2013.

Damn, revealed. Oh, and I don't really have blue eyes. That was just a marketing scam.

Yeah, "Old Brown Eyes" doesn't have the same ring to it. That, and it would kinda make you sound like a sexual deviant. Might as well be called "Old Balloon Knots."

After last season ended, Vanderbeek mentioned he wanted to put a bar or restaurant in that space up there and I believe he said that would happen over this past summer. At the rate things get done there, I'd say it will be up and running around 2013.

Which space? Behind 225? Or that space upstairs behind the giant outdoor video screen?

Which space? Behind 225? Or that space upstairs behind the giant outdoor video screen?

The space behind the giant outdoor screen. I'm not sure what the hell they wanted to do with that room behind 225. I sat there for the first time last month and had no idea that was there until then. I'm not sure what they could do with it, or how anyone would get there other than climbing up through 225.

The space behind the giant outdoor screen. I'm not sure what the hell they wanted to do with that room behind 225. I sat there for the first time last month and had no idea that was there until then. I'm not sure what they could do with it, or how anyone would get there other than climbing up through 225.

Is that the area that's pretty much behind a section of seats, all the way up top? Myself and a friend went up there during the open-house for season ticket holders before the arena opened last year, wound up on an elevator and getting out in the bowels of the building somewhere where we were obviously NOT supposed to be :lol:

It is a weird little empty slice of real estate...

The arena bar on mulberry street has been PACKED with Devils fans every home so far this season. I guess the new renovations have not scared fans away. lol

Meh. The new Arena Bar sucks. I'll give it another try when the "sports bar" section opens.

I thought they were going to build a lounge or something on the roof? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I do remember hearing something about them putting a restaurant/lounge or something on the roof at the Rock. They were talking up the view of the Manhattan skyline from there.

I thought they were going to build a lounge or something on the roof? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Yeah, that's right. There was an article in the Ledger when the arena opened saying that for the start of this season, they were going to have a bar on the roof. That being said, it could be an exaggeration of the bar that was supposed to go on the passageway on the upper concourse facing Triangle Park.

I thought Brick City was supposed to have a rooftop tiki bar. When is that place opening anyway?

I'm thinking that it is the steakhouse that Richard Codey is building on Commerce Street that's supposed to have the tiki bar.

A bar on the roof of the Rock? I've never heard of that. I guess it would be kinda cool, though.

Yes, I'll legally be able to drink there when it opens! :P

Literally. Hockey season isn't exactly ideal outdoor drinking weather.

Zing!

Yep. And I've had my beer freeze before I could finish it. Like a beer slurpee.

Nothing about that sounds remotely enjoyable to me. You're a better man than I.

Nothing about that sounds remotely enjoyable to me. You're a better man than I.

Wow, I just realized it is my one year anniversary. Cheers to me.

Yep. And I've had my beer freeze before I could finish it. Like a beer slurpee.

Never Knock the Beer Slurpee...it's one of the few things I will miss about the Medowlands, grilling and drinking in fridgid temperatures all to get stuck in those f-ing windy tunnels for a game....

On a sad note, the city's rules on alcohol consumption will make both Edison and Triangle park rather dull unless they allow for outside consumption.

Never Knock the Beer Slurpee...it's one of the few things I will miss about the Medowlands, grilling and drinking in fridgid temperatures all to get stuck in those f-ing windy tunnels for a game....

On a sad note, the city's rules on alcohol consumption will make both Edison and Triangle park rather dull unless they allow for outside consumption.

You need to go to Military Park. There's bums drinking there all the time.

Does anyone know the exact law regarding drinking in Newark? I went to see Eddie Vedder at NJPAC and not only were people drinking outside NJPAC (yes cops were there) they even had beer stands set up outside NJPAC selling beer. Why can you drink there and not other places?