GDT: Carolina @ NEW JERSEY - 7 p.m the Redneck edition

eaglejelly

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the puck luck the Devils lacked last night, they got tonight.

Oduya's got some talent all right - he's on a solid run here, I think he's going to have to have a few bad games in a row to be scratched.

A little disappointed to see Pandolfo getting points - he's the Devils' only UFA this season, every goal he scores probably costs $50,000 in next year's cap room.

Mottau - if you're going to take a guy down, at least get his stick too. Geez. It was also Mottau's penalty that was served by David Clarkson - bad return game for him, I'd sit him for Rachunek, but whatever. Greene going out would be just fine.

Great game by the Devils D...any chance the musical chairs on D are the coaches showing them off as possible trade property??

As far as spending all of their goals I'm the exact opposite...I think when this team gets a lead like that and backs off it ruins the momentum going into the next game...should've kept them going...I never want to see Asham and Brylin out on the PP regardless of how many goals we are up by...

As one who knows about loyalty... I'd say Pando ranks right up there with the best of my species (canine domesticus that is). I don't expect he'd be looking to bleed Lou dry anymore than I'd bite the hand that feeds me.. on purpose - I might accidentally bite, you know because I'm sort of a hog and I do enjoy begging but it's not like I MEAN it or anything.

Good game tonight from our boys, what a difference it makes when they show up for 60 minutes, and putting the puck on net WITH traffic.

We will need the same effort on Wednesday to beat the Sens, Alfie came back tonight and they pummeled the Habs 6-1, Spezza had 6 points, I don't know about you, but I've never liked the idea of having one line that gets all the points, and Ottawa is a perfect example of this, once Spezza and Heatley were out of the lineup, the Sens went in a tailspin, Maybe Cam can come back for this game and take one of those three out of the game-but cleanly ?

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

Good game tonight from our boys, what a difference it makes when they show up for 60 minutes, and putting the puck on net WITH traffic.

We will need the same effort on Wednesday to beat the Sens, Alfie came back tonight and they pummeled the Habs 6-1, Spezza had 6 points, I don't know about you, but I've never liked the idea of having one line that gets all the points, and Ottawa is a perfect example of this, once Spezza and Heatley were out of the lineup, the Sens went in a tailspin, Maybe Cam can come back for this game and take one of those three out of the game-but cleanly ?

The Devils are going to need a contribution from a combination of Elias, Parise, Zajac, Gionta, Langenbrunner, AND Zubrus to go along with the Pando, Madden, Clarkson line being near perfect to shut down that awesome line the Sens have. It can be done, but the Devils have to play 60 minutes of Devils hockey. I feel that if they play 59:55 and take 5 seconds off, they will lose.

What a game, finally came out strong.. 4-1 is making a statement after 1 period! Great to see White getting another goal (a bomb from the top of the blueline).. Martin with a pair, and ODUYA with another beautiful rush up the ice.. PP looked OK, it still needs work setting up (Canes were pretty aggressive with covering the 2 point-men on the blue line).. I thought Marty looked a lil shakey to start off but you can see he got relaxed once the game was out of hand..

Weird game.. Either the Canes really suck or the Devils were just really hungry tonight; or both.

When exactly did Lou steal the Detroit Red Wings? :blink:

Four goals by the defense, six goals overall - sheesh. It was funny that the fourth line seemed to get every other shift in the first period until they were on for the goal against - it's as if Sutter was sending the message loud and clear about coming out of the gate with energy.

I didn't hear about this Marty team meeting, was it in Gulutti's blog? Wouldn't shock me, I said the same thing when Elias was C and I'll say it now when Langs is C, everyone knows who the real leader of the team is regardless.

I'm surprised nobody made the connection of Oduya's goal being very Nieds-like circa Detroit '95. That might be the last time we've seen an end-to-end rush like that, although Oduya kind of had another one in Philly too :blink: At least now we have some hope of offense from the blueline (if only we could get the forwards going) although I still don't expect Whitey to score again this year :lol:

When exactly did Lou steal the Detroit Red Wings? :blink:

Four goals by the defense, six goals overall - sheesh. It was funny that the fourth line seemed to get every other shift in the first period until they were on for the goal against - it's as if Sutter was sending the message loud and clear about coming out of the gate with energy.

I didn't hear about this Marty team meeting, was it in Gulutti's blog? Wouldn't shock me, I said the same thing when Elias was C and I'll say it now when Langs is C, everyone knows who the real leader of the team is regardless.

I'm surprised nobody made the connection of Oduya's goal being very Nieds-like circa Detroit '95. That might be the last time we've seen an end-to-end rush like that, although Oduya kind of had another one in Philly too :blink: At least now we have some hope of offense from the blueline (if only we could get the forwards going) although I still don't expect Whitey to score again this year :lol: