OGT: Devils @ Montreal 3/1/08 7:00pm

msweet

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His past two goals were garbage. He doesn't have that great of a shot.

I'm not sayng he has a great shot but the Gionta bashing is fvcking ridiculous. How this guy can be called out for this game after the shafting this team took from the officials today is beyond me. His goal came off a very smart play as well.

There are many other skaters on this team besides Gionta. Elias hasn't been scoring, Zubrus hasn't been scoring, I can keep going.......Its getting stupid now. Everybody and their mother wanted the guy to be traded for Havlat and what is he up to right now? He's probably home with his thumb up his ass because he is hurt again.

The guy is trying. You're not going to score on every shot you take.

Edited by SickMan

At least he tells it how it is. I like the honesty, even if it sounds brutal.

Hey the vindictive part of me likes it too...but I'm just saying Sutter's 'honesty' is probably not going to help us get calls in the future, at least for a while since refs don't like a rookie coach mouthing off :puke:

Don't even bother man. The guy is never going to get any respect around here. People are bitching and moaning about the one guy left on the team who actually can shoot a puck into a net. If he sucks as bad as he is made out to be then we are in some real trouble cause without him we would have been shut out 3 games in a row!

When he makes the same sh!t play countless times every game, it starts to get on peoples' nerves. That's why he gets no respect around here, because going down the boards and shooting into the goalie's chest hasn't worked since youth hockey. As for his goals, I realize we have one less point without him, but the first goal was luck and anybody short of being blind could have scored the goal tonight. I realize a goal's a goal, but the last two can't be used to demonstrate if he is a good player or not.

Silly Devils Fans....

We all just don't get it....Montreal is the epicenter of hockey...

They are saying on th Canadian feed that Price was dominant over Brodeur tonight

Truth is he did so just by putting on that Habs uniform tonight....

BTW, for all those fans who answered the "Can the Devils win the ECF Poll" here with:

"If Marty gets on fire...anything's possible...." - reconsider your answer after watching the past 2 games.

Unless he can be in two places at once (in front of the net, and in the crease of the opposing net to score) no amount of miracles can carry the rest of this team...

Edited by DevilinLA

I'm not sayng he has a great shot but the Gionta bashing is fvcking ridiculous. How this guy can be called out for this game after the shafting this team took from the officials today is beyond me. His goal came off a very smart play as well.

There are many other skaters on this team besides Gionta. Elias hasn't been scoring, Zubrus hasn't been scoring, I can keep going.......Its getting stupid now. Everybody and their mother wanted the guy to be traded for Havlat and what is he up to right now? He's probably home with his thumb up his ass because he is hurt again.

The guy is trying. You're not going to score on every shot you take.

I guess it is because we are all passionate and it gets stressful. Like I said earlier in the thread, some of us may be right or may be wrong about it. Who knows, maybe I am being way off base. I just think at this point we are all very frustrated.

Zubrus has 30 points and missed an open net, not a peep. Ridiculous. And don't give me the $4 million crap, Zubrus is making $600k less and is signed for a lot longer :rant: Our supposed star center in the making Zajac isn't doing much better than Zubrus. Other than one streak in January he's done nothing at all this year.

I didn't think it was possible but the Gionta bashing is worse than the Gomez bashing last year. And he's getting less respect than even Rafalski ever did, and I always thought he was the Rodney Dangerfield around here.

Edited by Hasan4978

Say what you want to about Johnny, that was a fvcking ballsy block he made at the end that gave us a chance to come back.

Our defense played very, very well considering one of it's Top 4 was missing, and you know, they're OUR defense.

Gotta score goals. Jamie played very poorly tonight. Parise, Zajac and Clarkson were grossly underused. Zubrus, Asham and Rupp is a good idea, but maybe got too many minutes, and you know Madden, Pando and Gio are going to score little other than garbage goals.

As for our defense, they are very good.. Mottau and White are great, Oduya played extremely well, Salvador played okay, Rachunek played with confidence and should definitely play next game.

And would u look at that? Habs were offsides on their goal.. what a fvcking joke those Frenchies are up there

If zubrus is like this at the end of the year, Lou needs to deal him. I think its almost guaranteed that Gio needs to be dumped as well..

You can't deal Zubrus yet. Gonna take a couple of years. Think of it of a constant re-do. He'll/we'll get it right eventually. I like his work on the boards, maybe they just need to find players that compliment him instead of picking lines out of a hat.

I thought they were alright tonight, definately better than lately. Rupp just gets involved in the wrong place/wrong time and takes a dumbass offensive zone penalty when the game is getting into "3 point collusion" land. The rest is history. The call on Langs was a joke especially considering this wasn't one of those 15 PP games, and it's such a poor way to decide a game. But if it wasn't for Rupp, it wouldn't have decided the game.

Blowing up the lines was real stupid and it backfired. You get a decent effort and absolutely no chemistry.

Zubrus has 30 points and missed an open net, not a peep. Ridiculous. And don't give me the $4 million crap, Zubrus is making $600k less and is signed for a lot longer :rant: Our supposed star center in the making Zajac isn't doing much better than Zubrus. Other than one streak in January he's done nothing at all this year.

I didn't think it was possible but the Gionta bashing is worse than the Gomez bashing last year. And he's getting less respect than even Rafalski ever did, and I always thought he was the Rodney Dangerfield around here.

I hear ya. The problem is the person who pretty much put the entire 06 season on his fvcking back is the new whipping boy of the board. Doesn't matter what he does, it will not be good enough. Jesus Christ, the guy is finally scoring again and now the goals aren't pretty enough! Its fvcking laughable. The Devils would have a hard time shooting a puck into an ocean right now and some of us are crying that the goals are not stylistic enough :lol:

I have a proposition. If Gionta is that bad maybe we should scratch the young lad and put Pelley is his place, or one of the other promising young players we have in the minors like Bergfors :rolleyes:

Edited by SickMan

I dont understand how people aren't complaining about Elias.. hes by far the worst decision maker on this team.. 80% of his passes are twirly blind passes.. Elias deserves no more than 3.5-4 mil/year, hes nowhere worth 7.5 mil/year which is what hes making

you're talking about the guy who's averaging a point a game in 2008 right? elias has been the most consistent scorer over the last two months in typical elias fashion.

also you do realize he's leading the team in shots right.

i'll admit that he might not always make the best pass - but he's not a natural playmaker like gomez was. i'm quite content with elias.

and he's a $6M/year player (gotta use the cap number). $4MM goes to the likes of the mike comrie's in today's NHL.

Hey look who we play next? toronto! cant wait to see what conspiracies unfold there.

Hey NHL, if you want a Canadian team to win the Cup, them um' just get rid of us Yanks or make more Frenchy teams.. or whatever the hell they are up there.

Hey the vindictive part of me likes it too...but I'm just saying Sutter's 'honesty' is probably not going to help us get calls in the future, at least for a while since refs don't like a rookie coach mouthing off :puke:

Isn't helping us in the "future"?

Langs and Sutter have made their mark already. We've had alot of games this year where we've put out sufficent effort to get double the penalties that were called (sometimes more). Effort draws the calls since defenders are neutered. If it's a game like last night, fine, whatever, we blew, so they don't get alot of calls, big deal. But tonight, they deserved alot more than they got. The bitching is seriously counterproductive.

Regardless of the call, if we could go back in time, with our recent offensive production.....Does anyone here really think we could have actually won this game?

Yes, in some fluky way, we would have won a 3 point game. But Rupp had to go be a dumbass and get it started.