OGT: Devils @ Montreal 3/1/08 7:00pm

msweet

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't helping us in the "future"?

Langs and Sutter have made their mark already. We've had alot of games this year where we've put out sufficent effort to get double the penalties that were called (sometimes more). Effort draws the calls since defenders are neutered. If it's a game like last night, fine, whatever, we blew, so they don't get alot of calls, big deal. But tonight, they deserved alot more than they got. The bitching is seriously counterproductive.

Yes, in some fluky way, we would have won a 3 point game. But Rupp had to go be a dumbass and get it started.

Markov fell awfully easy on Rupp's hit.. and rupp's penalty was actually killed off.. it was Langenbrunner's penalty that costed us, but that was no way in hell a penalty.. not to mention the play was all offsides. I dont understand why Lou doesn't take this sh!t to the NHL board and bitch about it.. We got screwed out of Mottau's goal vs WSH which costed us at least a point and now this sh!t costed us at least a point

I think the NHL is still upset that we didn't beat the Isles to get the Leafs into to the playoffs.

Edited by nmigliore

Markov fell awfully easy on Rupp's hit.. and rupp's penalty was actually killed off.. it was Langenbrunner's penalty that costed us, but that was no way in hell a penalty.. not to mention the play was all offsides. I dont understand why Lou doesn't take this sh!t to the NHL board and bitch about it.. We got screwed out of Mottau's goal vs WSH which costed us at least a point and now this sh!t costed us at least a point

I think the NHL is still upset that we didn't beat the Isles to get the Leafs into to the playoffs.

Big deal...if we can't score we can't score....

The point is not the officiating it's the TEAM PLAY.

We shouldn't have to let games be decided by one goal or a bad call.

Do we really think we are going to win a playoff series by holding a 1 goal differential...?

We need to wake up....The last cup was in 2003...the league has changed the one goal Devils' Hockey Winning Strategy is long gone. :noclue:

WE Don't deserve to lead the East right now!

Edited by DevilinLA

my post on hfboards

Originally Posted by Tricolore#20

I still remember the game on January 9, 2003, in which the Canadiens were absolutely robbed against the Devils. Jeff Friesen completely ran over Jeff Hackett, and that lead to the Devils goal. To this day, I can still see Andre Savard coming down onto the ice, and wanting to have a go at Kerry Fraser.

i still remember the last time you won the cup. actually i don't because it was past my bedtime. the wonders of being nine.

Honestly what is Lou going to bitch about? "The refs suck!!!"

Hockey fans, players, executives, and media have been bitching about that for years. Doesn't change the fact that this team can't score goals and Lou's FA pick-ups since the cap was initiated have been brutal.

Zubrus has 30 points and missed an open net, not a peep. Ridiculous. And don't give me the $4 million crap, Zubrus is making $600k less and is signed for a lot longer :rant: Our supposed star center in the making Zajac isn't doing much better than Zubrus. Other than one streak in January he's done nothing at all this year.

I didn't think it was possible but the Gionta bashing is worse than the Gomez bashing last year. And he's getting less respect than even Rafalski ever did, and I always thought he was the Rodney Dangerfield around here.

As I said before, the mistakes Gionta makes are mostly mental mistakes. Rafalski and Gomez never made nearly as many mental mistakes, mostly physical mistakes. Mental mistakes are easily correctable, and are thus more frustrating to see occur, which makes the player get bashed a lot. Sure physical mistakes result in bashing on this site, but Gionta gets it more because his mistakes are mental ones.

Out of our nine defenseman I'd easily give up any 5 of them besides white and martin to get Rafalski back. god knows we have enough.

In all serious though it's somewhat staggering to me that we have to rely on overachieving 4th liners and minor league defensemen to have success, and yet our payroll is near the limit. Where in the world did all the money go?

Out of our nine defenseman I'd easily give up any 5 of them besides white and martin to get Rafalski back. god knows we have enough.

In all serious though it's somewhat staggering to me that we have to rely on overachieving 4th liners and minor league defensemen to have success, and yet our payroll is near the limit. Where in the world did all the money go?

What the fvck was that?!? Looks like a lot of things really strange going on in Montreal. :unsure:

Sutter- "The refs took us right out of the game tonight."

Reporter asked Sutter about the 6-2 in favor of PP.

Sutter- "Don't really want to go there but you are making me say something. It's Montreal. As Sutter looks up into the ceiling rolling his eyes." :rolleyes:

This was a big game for both teams and the refs go and call every little thing on the Devils. That was not a penalty on Langenbrunner for hooking and neither was Parise's hooking call. What a way to ruin a good game played by both teams. Brodeur was amazing again and Montreal got a lucky goal on an obvious offsides and NO call. This was a shame and Koharski should be ashamed of himself. :rant: Montreal got a big gift tonight and they are the #1 seed for now and it won't last unless the rest of the games are played in Montreal. I agree with Sutter, Daneyko, Chico and Fischler that this was a bad game by the refs. At 1-1 this game was headed to overtime with each team getting that 1 point so far. Devils get the short end of the stick and Montreal gets a huge gift tonight.

FVCK!!! :rant:

Yeah, but you know what? Who the hell thought the Devils would be playing a game of this magnitude anywhere towards the end of the season? The fact of the matter is we can win, all of us know that, and we will make the playoffs, barring some strange Met-like debacle, and it doesn't matter how this team is playing now, what matters is how this team is playing mid-April. We have to face it, as does the rest of the league, that if #30 gets hot and peaks at the right time, it doesn't matter how many one-goal games we have, because a good portion of them will be in the W colomn. This team can either lose in the first round, or win the god damn Stanley Cup this year, and one game in the beginning of March isn't going to change a thing about that.
Edited by DevilinLA

I know Im late to the party, but boy did we forget how to play.

offense got over 30 shots, not a single one threatening to be a quality scoring chances. Almost all bad angle shots and poor efforts over and over by gionta. I know he scored, but that might as well have been another shutout as far as I am concerned. That lone was a gift, and shouldnt even be considered when analyzing how this team is playing. Sutter needs to get more consistent offense from this team.

Also on a side note, I do drink the :koolaid: but I have to agree that lous FA signings since the lockout have all been busts. Example, Zubrus is on pace for HALF his goal output from last season. Rachunek, and Vishnevski are frequently healthy scratches, and weekes is a backup that never plays. Our only good players are grown from within, yet our farm is practically barren. What gives?

All this said, I am happy as anything to be 2nd in the east, so the worlds not ending.

Our defense still needs to get better. greene should have been in the line up instead of Brookbank. Rachunek actually had a good game after being out for so long. Salvador had a strong game too and Oduya had some good and of course some bad turning the puck over in their own zone in front of Brodeur. Oduya did save the puck from going into the empty net which was a good play.

Zubrus has now been put on the 4th line. He is not producing and is under achieving bigtime this season. Gionta is getting hot now and he needs to rub some of that off on Langenbrunner and Elias. Zubrus, Langenbrunner, Zajac, Elias are all under achieving this season and this is part of the reason why the Devils are struggling to score goals.

This team is going to go as far as Brodeur can take them. Everything rides on Brodeur like it has for the most part of the season and they need to score goals to get anywhere in the playoffs. Brodeur will be there but will the rest of the team be there scoring goals? That is going to be the big question.

Our defense still needs to get better. greene should have been in the line up instead of Brookbank. Rachunek actually had a good game after being out for so long. Salvador had a strong game too and Oduya had some good and of course some bad turning the puck over in their own zone in front of Brodeur. Oduya did save the puck from going into the empty net which was a good play.

Zubrus has now been put on the 4th line. He is not producing and is under achieving bigtime this season. Gionta is getting hot now and he needs to rub some of that off on Langenbrunner and Elias. Zubrus, Langenbrunner, Zajac, Elias are all under achieving this season and this is part of the reason why the Devils are struggling to score goals.

This team is going to go as far as Brodeur can take them. Everything rides on Brodeur like it has for the most part of the season and they need to score goals to get anywhere in the playoffs. Brodeur will be there but will the rest of the team be there scoring goals? That is going to be the big question.

Edited by DevilinLA