NHL REACTS TO THE AVERY PLAY SWIFTLY

Devils79

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta LOVE dipietro's comments on vs. a second ago - "i bet there are a lot of guys around the league that wish he took a puck to the back of the head."

Love that lil interpretation from Ricky D...he credited Marty with keeping his cool...when asked if he would have reacted as Marty did he said something to the effect of 'highly unlikely'...Avery wants the spotlight well I guess he didn't figure it would be negative...last year voted the most hated player in the NHL...looking forward to tomorrow night...I will not watch the game...I watched the 1st 2 and Devs lost...didn't watch last night and Devs won...I won't mess with karma :)

Avery wants the spotlight well I guess he didn't figure it would be negative... :)

Avery doesn't care whether it's negative or not, he just wants the attention like any five-year old boy, he couldn't love this more. It probably isn't doing his team much good but hey, it's all about him in his world.

Edited by NJDevs26

If there is anything right with this world, and the Devils play the next 3 or 4 games with the same intensity as the past 3, they will win this series. If there is anything such as good and bad karma, the Devils will win this series.

This series has been full of cheap shots, dirty play, unlucky bounces (except for one) and bad calls against the Devils, yet in all 3 games the Devils have out played the Rangers. The Rangers have been cocky, loud mouthed punks, while the Devils for the most part have stayed quiet and played their game.

The Rangers will have their time to win, but it can't be when they are so obnoxious and dirty.

Love that lil interpretation from Ricky D...he credited Marty with keeping his cool...when asked if he would have reacted as Marty did he said something to the effect of 'highly unlikely'...Avery wants the spotlight well I guess he didn't figure it would be negative...last year voted the most hated player in the NHL...looking forward to tomorrow night...I will not watch the game...I watched the 1st 2 and Devs lost...didn't watch last night and Devs won...I won't mess with karma :)

Dew, that's dedication - like Sheeps' refusal to leave the bathroom of the bar during Game 7 of the ECF in 2003. He was in there when Friesen scored, and refused to come out until the game was over.

Dew, that's dedication - like Sheeps' refusal to leave the bathroom of the bar during Game 7 of the ECF in 2003. He was in there when Friesen scored, and refused to come out until the game was over.

Good place to be when you want to be in one place...until you run out of toilet paper that is.

I would almost do the same, because I missed Game 3 due to work and they won, but I also missed Game 2 due to work and they lost. I guess if they lose 100% of the time when I watch, and win half the time when I don't... I shouldn't watch?

So THAT'S why the Devils won that game!

Penalty, #16 New York. Two minutes for Averying.

I bet this is actually the highlight of Avery's career. "I'm destroying hockey! Hooray! What used to be considered a cheap, minor league play that was unspoken and unwritten now has to be written because I will sink to ANY level to piss someone off! My mommy was mean to me!"

At least the next time he hits on Paris Hilton, he can throw that into the conversation:

SA: "Did you hear the NHL had to change a rule interpretation because of my antics? Did ya, baby?"

PH: "Uh, that's, like, so totally hot, ya know?! Let's, like, make out, like...right now!"

I'm sure that'll, like, totally work...right?

At least the next time he hits on Paris Hilton, he can throw that into the conversation:

SA: "Did you hear the NHL had to change a rule interpretation because of my antics? Did ya, baby?"

PH: "Uh, that's, like, so totally hot, ya know?! Let's, like, make out, like...right now!"

I'm sure that'll, like, totally work...right?

Sadly I think it would work. Not like it takes much as it is.

Edited by njdss4

Well the little mutant got immortalized... how cute!!

All Marty needs to say back is... at least I don't gotta pay for my piece of ass fvckface!!

The argument then ends!!!

Lol...or Marty could look at Avery and say "I'm sorry...who are you again?"

Unbelievable! See this is exactally what I was hoping would NOT happen. This is what this d'bag wants, attention. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. He justs wants attention. Shame on any\all Ranger fan that somehow takes pride in the antics of this clown.

Edited by Beezer34

What Versus didn't pick up, though, was Callahan's retort (which I have deciphered from years and years of lip-reading). He said:

"Oh yeah? Well, you're a big stupid-head! (mocking) Look at me! I'm Mike Rupp and I wear a stupid Devils jersey! And there's a big, stupid number 17 on the back of it!"

I guess Callahan missed the seminar on proper trash-talking.

:mellow: I like that -- I think that's good trash talk. It makes a guy stop and think.

As Sean Avery proves - nothing is more inciteful than stupidity.

:mellow: I like that -- I think that's good trash talk. It makes a guy stop and think.

Good point. The next time I'm playing hockey and someone's unleashing a stream of vulgarities at me, I'm gonna throw 'em a curveball and say:

"Oh yeah? Well, your mom's made of Play-Doh!"

Minutes later, the guy's sitting in the box, scratching his head: "What the f*** did THAT mean???"

Now he's off his game.

Unbelievable! See this is exactally what I was hoping would NOT happen. This is was this d'bag wants, attention. It doesn't matter if it's positive or negative. He justs wants attention. Shame on any\all Ranger fan that somehow takes pride in the antics of this clown.

You're surprised? That's why players go to NY--the crave attention. They don't love the sport, the team, their teammates, they love themselves. They feel as inferior as the place they play in. There must be a psychological diagnosis for this disorder.

BTW, this is a case in point about the inferiority complex of the team, the player and NY. They had to promote the idiocy. Had to make stupid look good. What NY does have that nowhere else has to the same degee is Madison Ave aka advertising gurus. The live and breathe promotion. And of course the place that needs it the most, stocks it like people stock bottled water in case of an emergency.

IIRC, Marty has a "rule" too, the trapezoid rule. Actually Marty's (if you want to get into a pissing contest over who's rule is cooler or which player had more effect on the course of a game so a major change had to be made not a clarification on an existing rule already on the books) is WAY COOLER! (Not if your Marty or a Dev fan of course.)

Where the hell is Marty's tee shirt? ;)

Edited by LizDevil30

BTW, this is a case in point about the inferiority complex of the team, the player and NY. They had to promote the idiocy. Had to make stupid look good. What NY does have that nowhere else has to the same degee is Madison Ave aka advertising gurus. The live and breathe promotion. And of course the place that needs it the most, stocks it like people stock bottled water in case of an emergency.

IIRC, Marty has a "rule" too, the trapezoid rule. Actually Marty's (if you want to get into a pissing contest over who's rule is cooler or which player had more effect on the course of a game so a major change had to be made not a clarification on an existing rule already on the books) is WAY COOLER! (Not if your Marty or a Dev fan of course.)

Where the hell is Marty's tee shirt? ;)

I've been making Marty's Better shirts for friends and fellow devils fans.

Will post photos when i get home later if anyone is interested.