15 Years Ago Tonight

eldon

Johnny Mac lit the lamp & the Devils began their rise in the Lou Lam era.

I remember we had family over for Easter & all had left by 7, so here I was watching the Ranger game, which started earlier & then the Devils game, by myself. (Damn I should've went to a sportsbar.)

Until 95, this was easily the biggest moment in Devil history.

4 years old... trying to go to school... thinking that one day Id trick them into letting me on the bus... Only problem... I never knew when the bus came and my parents never told me... So I would stand on random corners, at random times, on random days...

damn... If I knew what I knew now... stupid kid... ;)

lol, 15 years ago today, I would've been 4 months and 2 days old, so I guess I was probably sleeping or doing something that babies do :D

Whoa.... do I feel like an old bag. I was hugely pregnant as my husband dragged me to the CAA for the playoff run of '88. The parking attendants were FRIGHTENED by the size of my belly, and gave us "Lou Lam" quality parking! My daughter was born in the midst of it all... she is, by the way, a huge Devils fan.

I remember that night really vividly.I didn't have the channel the game was on but the sound came in. I sat in front of a fuzzy TV and listened to the whole game. I went crazy when we won. 1 week later I moved to California and the rest is history. :mellow:

LoL; never said I'd be old ;) But I'm defn approaching that age when you were younger and you wouldnt consider them like some kids brother anymore...

Who cares about age anyways ;) I think Blackburn [edit: wrong NYR goaltender, whoops] has a few days on me, so I'm fine.

I was 20 - just finished a run of The Sound of Music (I am 16 going on 17 :P:rolleyes: ) and had dumped the guy I was dating because he wanted me to move to NYC with him. I felt mighty sorry for myself I must say! I wish I had been into the Devils then..the dude I dumped was obsessed with Springsteen though...

I was sitting in a bar watching the game with a bunch of friends...the bar was split between Dev and Ranjuh fans...during the last 5 min of the game it was televised split screen...one side the game...the other side the RanJuhs locker room...when Johnny scored I....um this is a family forum so I will just remember and smile...oh the days of firmness :rolleyes: