Greene out four to six weeks with broken hand

Coorslight

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i assume this will mean the return of salmela. brookbank cannot be in the lineup for the next month.

not for nothing but salmela is a -6 in the ahl with 1 assist.

i do agree that brookbank can't be in the lineup for the next month, but then why bother having him at all?

also this sucks because greene was playing like the greene we saw in 2006-07 - just getting on a roll.

Edited by Triumph

comic relief? i have no idea, but brookbank brings nothing of greene's skillset. salmela does. otherwise perhaps a trade, but i highly doubt it this early.

yeah but again, why carry 7 defensemen at all if you're not going to play him when #6 goes down? as an emergency placeholder and that's all? brookbank gets 4 or 5 games to prove he's worth it, if he's not, new jersey goes waiver-hunting or brings up salmela/corrente/eckford, i think.

and lou just said it, according to TG: "Lamoriello said the team would not call up another defenseman from Lowell. They already have Sheldon Brookbank, who will step into Greene's spot in the lineup Saturday against Atlanta."

Edited by Triumph

i do agree that brookbank can't be in the lineup for the next month, but then why bother having him at all?

also this sucks because greene was playing like the greene we saw in 2006-07 - just getting on a roll.

Could be that the intent was to showcase either one of Brookbank and/or Greene.

Now we'll get to see the other one...

Hahahaha.... I don't like Brookbank, He's like that Awesome JV player that looks lost on varsity...

Well, atleast the devils will know what they have in defensive depth..

Brookbank sucks.

Devils should give Salmela another shot or Maybe Corrente.....

Losing Greene just sucks...

Give him credit though for finishing the hockey game with a broken hand, true hockey player.

Teams suffer injuries through the season it happens to every team, but it always seems that the teams that really aren't any good or play poorly in stretches always suffer the most.

They should count themselves lucky right now that Elias doesn't have his jaw wired shut on top of this. If that was the case, well, just be thankful.

Edited by SJP20