Greene out four to six weeks with broken hand

Coorslight

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this injury is going to hurt, it will be interesting to see how the team responds. Things like this show you what a team is made of, and if they can stay competitive during this period, I'll be a proud fan.

Besides, better now than in March...

Edited by Bulletproof

I really feel bad for the guy. I couldn't stand his play last season and wanted him out of the lineup but I have no problem eating crow and saying that he has been pretty good in the games he has played this year. It sucks for the team but I'm really disappointed for him more then anything. You could see that he has been a more confident player this year and the worst thing would be to see him struggle to find his game again when he gets back.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with this team this year but the injury situation is a bit scary. It seems like every game there is somebody else getting hurt.

And btw Fvck Kubina. Sure it's probably just a coincidence but that guy really seems to have a problem injuring our d-men. I'll never forgive that jack ass for cranking out that clearing attempt at 100 mph without even looking. The guy pretty much ended Stevens' carreer.

Edited by SickMan

Greene is not going anywhere when he is your best defenseman so far this season besides Martin and maybe Mottau. If anything Brookbank will be showcased. We might Matt Corrente being called up in the next day or two.

Don't forget Oduya and Salvador. Oduya has been a presence of the ice, playing well both defensively and offensively. And Salvador is like White before his injury; a physical shut-down D-man. This ends up placing Greene as our #5 or #6 d-man.

Don't forget Oduya and Salvador. Oduya has been a presence of the ice, playing well both defensively and offensively. And Salvador is like White before his injury; a physical shut-down D-man. This ends up placing Greene as our #5 or #6 d-man.

No way was Greene a #5 or #6 before he broke his hand. More like a #3 or #4, as he was playing better than Salvador, White and even Oduya. Martin, Greene and Mottau are playing the best out of the top 6. White and Salvador were just plain terrible in the Toronto game.

With all due respect SD...

I know I'm one of Andy's critics, and I'll admit he seemes to be showing signs of a better season ....BUT....

LETS GET OUR FEET BACK ON THE GROUND....

Salvadore is the SOLE reason this defence is somewhat improved from last year. As a "defensman" this guy does it all. Right now he's our #1 and Sutter's penchant for his ice time shows this.

Secondly, you can't evaluate a Defenseive roster based on 1 game.

Many here forget what the term "defenseman" means in the new NHL. Protect the net, don't give up clean shots, clean the crease, BE PHYSICAL and TAKE THE BODY.

While Andy's offensive play has seemed to be improved this year, but still must prove consistent, he is nowhere near a top 4 man on our team in his own end against our current roster. He's making a case for a feasible #5 or #6.

Look this guy can put up all the assists he wants, and this board can go crazy for him, but first show me solid CONSISTENT, PHYSICAL play in your own end... then we can talk about the offensive game.

As far as "offensive defensman" or whatever term used to label these guys....bottom line is you are a DEFENSEMAN FIRST, all else second ....otherwise you're just a misplaced forward.

Edited by DevilinLA

LA:

look, the fact is that Greene played very well, assists aside (assists can vary wildly for defensemen). I'm more impressed with his ability to skate the puck out of the zone or find the breakout pass, something that not enough of our defensemen can do consistently.

True but for someone to say he was playing better than Salvador is just silly and fantasy-stat based. Greene gets around 10-12 minutes of icetime a night on the third pairing while Salvador plays around 20-25 on the first pairing. He's a much better defensive player, which is the primary job of a defenseman after all. And Salvador's the only defenseman that knows how to play physical - well White does, he just can't do it anymore because of the eye. Plus, Greene did a nice job getting some secondary assists but let's not turn him into Paul Coffey just yet.

Edited by NJDevs26

True but for someone to say he was playing better than Salvador is just silly and fantasy-stat based. Greene gets around 10-12 minutes of icetime a night on the third pairing while Salvador plays around 20-25 on the first pairing. He's a much better defensive player, which is the primary job of a defenseman after all. And Salvador's the only defenseman that knows how to play physical - well White does, he just can't do it anymore because of the eye. Plus, Greene did a nice job getting some secondary assists but let's not turn him into Paul Coffey just yet.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

He has played well....but to call him one of our top 4 is just plain ludicrous.