Malkin / Crosby  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have a better career?

• Sidney Crosby
    • Evgeni Malkin
  2. 2. Who is better right now?

• Sidney Crosby
    • Evgeni Malkin
  3. 3. Who would rather have on your team?

• Sidney Crosby
    • Evgeni Malkin

If I told you before the season that a player from the Penguins and the Capitals were 1 and 2 respectively in scoring a month and a half into the season, you might have said..."probably" And if I told you a player from Washington led the league in goals and a player from the Penguins led the team in assists, again you'd say..."sure not a hard prediction to make."

But it isn't Crosby and Ovechkin.

Malkin: 23 assists and 30 points

Semin: 13 goals and 14 assists

That is how the scoring lead will look after tonight. Now after last year, some of you might have made the argument that Malkin was better than Crosby. After all the Penguins lost Crosby and didn't miss a beat with Malkin tearing up the league. But Semin really has been the Caps best player with Ovechkin leaving the team and having early seasons struggling.

I don't have much to say other than that both these teams' fan bases have something special to look forward to for years to come. Crosby is the NHL boy wonder, but Malkin has been the best player in Pittsburgh for two years now. Ever since he scored that goal against in the Devils where he went through the team, you just knew this kid could would be special. He's on pace for 145 points this year, which would be much more than Crosby has ever put up.

I haven't seen enough of Semin yet to know how good he might be (was hoping to see what the kid was all about this weekend, but can't complain that he didn't play), so I'll keep the poll strictly to Malkin and Crosby.

Edited by devilsrule33

yeah malkin's got the lindros disease - he is going to get popped one of these days.

semin's shooting percentage is at 27% - that's unsustianable. he's a tremendous forward but he is not on the level of ovechkin. i think he is on the level of an alex kovalev kind of player who will have an up and down career.

Crosby, absolutely. Crosby is Parise, Malkin is Zajac. He will never play as well as Crosby, regardless of the years he has. When you watch them both, Malkin can score, but he can't handle consistency. Crosby, while I really don't like him, has such amazing puck and stick control and is a threat, in my opinion, every time he touches the puck. Malkin will have good years, but he'll also have bad years. Crosby will only have good years and better years.

• 6 months later...

Well the play of Crosby and Malkin reminded me of this thread. It didn't get many responses when I first posted this, so maybe now is a better time to bring it up.

Now it might be hard for some to put the Crosby hate away...but who's going to have the better career? Who's better...and who would you rather have?

I'd rather have malkin on my team because he is someone that will either score, give a big hit, backcheck, and a lot of other things.

Crosby is a far better backchecker than Malkin. Me thinks someone has a rather jaundiced view.

I won't play as I am a fan of Sids.. I just got back from my vacation back home where he is huge celebrity (BTW - I think that is Sid's family)

sid_sign_04-22-08.jpg

I visited the "Nova Scotia Sports Hall of Fame" which has the dryer he would practice shooting at:

CrosbyPosterwithDryerNHLPlayerAw-5.jpg

Edited by Don

I visited the "Nova Scotia Sports Hall of Fame" which has the dryer he would practice shooting at:

Said Dryer in action:

(2:10 Mark)

Crosby is absolutely amazing, Malkin is absolutely amazing. Malkin is a much better defender than he gets credit for (and both are RIDICULOUSLY better than Ovechkin who does not care at all about it).

Pens are reaping the rewards of

1. Being terrible for so long (Malkin Pick)

2. The NHL rigging the Post Lockout Lottery to save the Pittsburgh Penguins (Crosby Pick)

ovechkin cares about defense, but sometimes he is too concerned with starting the breakout. however, there's really no one better than him one on one in the league, so it might be excusable.

still taking crosby but between ovechkin crosby and malkin (and datsyuk) i think it's a toss-up.

Even though I don't care Crosby, he is the better player and he will most likely have a longer and more successful career than Malkin. But Malkin is having a really good playoffs as of right now, that 1 to punch with him and Crosby should win them the cup.

Simple. Malkin. He is an ALL AROUND great player. without the whinning.

But I'd still rather have Ovechkin over him even. :giggle:

I actually think Malkin is a bit better in terms of being more effective in all facets of the game, he does seem to have a bit more in terms of being physically gifted, size/speed combo.

However, Crosby to me makes players around him better and makes the line he plays on very dangerous. And Crosby is as hard a worker as they come, hes made some strides in maturing a bit more. He's making Guerin look far better than hes actually playing.

It really is a toss up, but Crosby gets the edge. Penguins really lucked out getting so many high picks in so many yrs (Fleury, Malkin, Crosby, Staal).

Being sh!t isn't lucky.

Haha. True. But you still need a little bit of luck ending up like sh!t in the right yrs.