GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ New Jersey Devils - 7PM

nick17112

Well the let down game happened and also Weekes IS a let down. I would like to know WTF game some of you were watching tonight to even remotely "think" Weekes had a good game. :doh1: You have got to be fvcking kidding me! I said he is done and he is DONE. BYE-BYE Weekes and hope we never have to see you in goal again! Holy sh!t he is terrible. ALL FOUR of those goals were bad (maybe the last one he can pass) and he does not have it any more.

At least we all know to have the comon sense now WHO IS the Devils #1 goaltender and starter for now on. That is Clemmensen. For some to say he would have done the same as Weekes is just assinine. Have some forgot who was in goal that won 9 of the last 10-games? It sure looks like it and it is a shame. When are some going to give some fvcking credit towards Clemmensen? he can play in the NHL and he is proving it and he deserves the starting play.

That was a waste of a game and 2pts. but oh we have to play Weekes for a game which I just knew the Devils were going to lose this game. The first sign was that joke of a goal 1:10 in the damn game. All the more this made me DEFINITELY have NO confidence in Weekes and Sutter is a smart man and we will see Clemmensen ride out these games for the next couple of weeks or he is just plain stupid. Many of the Devils fans I was hearing saying at the game and at Hell's Kitchen that Weekes has to go and he is no good anymore etc. I guess I am not the only one at the games that notices how bad Weekes really is. :puke:

Sutter please! Keep Weekes on the pine for a longtime or Lou just release his ass or trade him even though there would be NO takers, so we may be stuck with him.

Man some really need to wake up thinking Weekes is any good and man he was just terrible tonight and I hope we never have to see him in goal again.

Rant over!

I'm so happy I got to see this post before I leave for the night. I was actually waiting for what ridiculous post you had to say. In all my years at NJDEVS, I honestly have to say I have never seen more constant garbage from one poster. You have some serious Clemmensen blinders on. He could let in 5 goals and you would spin it into a good game...(oh wait he did let in 5 goals twice and you did spin it)

I really don't understand the Hate for Weekes. And I know you'll answer is he sucks, but you have had this hatred for a while. You want him to fail when he is in goal. Seriously man just give it up. I think everybody is tired of your garbage. We get it. You love Clemmer and hate Weekes, but my goodness just stop it.

If you think Weekes was any worse than Clemmer last night, and his terribly weak goals he let in all night, then something is seriously wrong with you.

Edited by devilsrule33

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weekes played very well. Clemmer would've given up 5 or 6.

Buffalo played a superb road game

Devils outworked most of the game and couldnt' get a bounce/break.

One of those games, like u said, can't win em all.

I think Weekes deserves next start. Clemmer's been good but he's also been pretty lucky-he's a rebound machine.

:doh1:

What game were you watching?

Weekes does not deserve anything right now after that display of garbage. To even say Clemmensen would have given up 5 or 6 goals in this game tonight shows you have must have missed the last 10-games the Devils have played where they won 9 out of those 10. Clemmensen hung in there and he got the win for the Devils in some of those games and maybe some luck, but CMON it is obvious who deserves to start for the Devils the rest of the way in most of these games and that is Clemmensen. Give credit where it deserves to Clemmensen. Sorry to say this, but Weekes is DONE and has to go. Devils do need a back up to Clemmensen right now because Weekes is not going to get it done.

Man some really need to wake up thinking Weekes is any good and man he was just terrible tonight and I hope we never have to see him in goal again.

You idiots say that whenever the Devils lose with a rarely-used backup in net. It just so happens we have a different starter for once.

I wish Weekes was an a$$hole or something so I could easily dismiss him. Unfortunately, that's not the case and I'm going to stand by the fact that he was rusty and uncomfortable and everyone was tired. It was the best game to lose, I think.

And DAMN. Langenbrunner was really laying people out tonight. I was proud of him.

I'm so happy I get to see this post before I am go out tonight. I was actually waiting for what ridiculous post you had to say. In all my years at NJDEVS, I honestly have to say I have never seen more constant garbage from one poster. You have some serious Clemmensen blinders on. He could let in 5 goals and you would spin it in a good game...(oh wait he did let in 5 goals twice and you did spin it)

I really don't understand the Hate for Weekes. And I know you'll answer is he sucks, but you have had this hatred for a while. You want him to faial when he is in goal. Seriously man just give it up. I think everybody is tired of your garbage. We get it. You love Clemmer and hate Weekes, but my goodness just stop it.

If you think Weekes was any worse than Clemmer last night, and his terribly weak goals he let in all night, then something is seriously wrong with you.

Another one lost here. Don't hate Weekes at all. It is obvious who is the better goaltender. You seem to have missed a lot of games this season. Weekes has not been any good since 2002-2003. It is comon sense which it looks like you do not have any right now. Go to some games and maybe you can see the reality live and see how bad he is.

and who are you? The resident board police? Go hit the ignore button or just don't even bother because your clueless and don't even know what you are talking about. You must have missed this game tonight as well.

I'm so happy I get to see this post before I am go out tonight. I was actually waiting for what ridiculous post you had to say. In all my years at NJDEVS, I honestly have to say I have never seen more constant garbage from one poster. You have some serious Clemmensen blinders on. He could let in 5 goals and you would spin it in a good game...(oh wait he did let in 5 goals twice and you did spin it)

I really don't understand the Hate for Weekes. And I know you'll answer is he sucks, but you have had this hatred for a while. You want him to faial when he is in goal. Seriously man just give it up. I think everybody is tired of your garbage. We get it. You love Clemmer and hate Weekes, but my goodness just stop it.

Yea, SatanDevils quit being a racist. Yes, Weekes can! LOL :evil:

P.S. Cat fight? :rofl:

You idiots say that whenever the Devils lose with a rarely-used backup in net. It just so happens we have a different starter for once.

No Rowdy, I have been saying this for years now about Weekes. Even the NYR knew this guy was finished and Lou goes out and signs him? IMO, there are better out there than Weekes Rowdy and have said this many times. Again, I don't hate the guy, but he is done and just does not have it anymore.

Yea, SatanDevils quit being a racist. Yes, Weekes can! LOL :evil:

P.S. Cat fight? :rofl:

Far from that Biggie. He is just not good anymore and it has shown. Just some have missed it.

Well the let down game happened and also Weekes IS a let down. I would like to know WTF game some of you were watching tonight to even remotely "think" Weekes had a good game. :doh1: You have got to be fvcking kidding me! I said he is done and he is DONE. BYE-BYE Weekes and hope we never have to see you in goal again! Holy sh!t he is terrible. ALL FOUR of those goals were bad (maybe the last one he can pass) and he does not have it any more.

At least we all know to have the comon sense now WHO IS the Devils #1 goaltender and starter for now on. That is Clemmensen. For some to say he would have done the same as Weekes is just assinine. Have some forgot who was in goal that won 9 of the last 10-games? It sure looks like it and it is a shame. When are some going to give some fvcking credit towards Clemmensen? he can play in the NHL and he is proving it and he deserves the starting play.

That was a waste of a game and 2pts. but oh we have to play Weekes for a game which I just knew the Devils were going to lose this game. The first sign was that joke of a goal 1:10 in the damn game. All the more this made me DEFINITELY have NO confidence in Weekes and Sutter is a smart man and we will see Clemmensen ride out these games for the next couple of weeks or he is just plain stupid. Many of the Devils fans I was hearing saying at the game and at Hell's Kitchen that Weekes has to go and he is no good anymore etc. I guess I am not the only one at the games that notices how bad Weekes really is. :puke:

Sutter please! Keep Weekes on the pine for a longtime or Lou just release his ass or trade him even though there would be NO takers, so we may be stuck with him.

Rant over!

Just because you have some ridiculous love of Clemmensen doesn't mean Weekes is a bad goalie. He could not have been blamed for more than two of the goals tonight, which is par for the course for ANY goalie in a Devils net not wearing #30.

Clemmensen is not Martin Brodeur. Weekes is not Martin Brodeur. If we were to ride either of them the way we rode Brodeur the last few years, they would break down by February. Weekes will get another chance in net, probably/hopefully/rightfully next week in either Toronto or Buffalo. Deal with it.

It's not that SD hates Weekes it's that he falls in love with players and then everything that player does is amazing and any player who competes with that player has to be torn down.

It was Greene last year and it's Clemmer right now. Any attempt to be middle of the road on his guys is unfair and ridiculous.

I'm ready to give up on Kevin Weekes. He's simply not good enough.

Speaking of not good enough... the Pandolfo-Madden-Rolston line is PAINFUL to watch. No physical presence, Rolston looks slow and out of place, Madden and Pandolfo look like they can't play without a shutdown assignment...it's just sad to watch.

Far from that Biggie. He is just not good anymore and it has shown. Just some have missed it.

I'm teasing of course. Hehe

I think that we are doing this well is a feat in itself. Our season was going well until Marty got injured and then it just seemed the whole team was falling apart. We have settled down, got almost everyone back on the ice, and will only get better as Rolston and Holik blend in and Clemmenson settles down completely. Marty's injury has been a blessing in disguise for Clemmer. Not to mention, not only the fans but Marty as well knows he has someone backing him up who can do the job.

Just because you have some ridiculous love of Clemmensen doesn't mean Weekes is a bad goalie. He could not have been blamed for more than two of the goals tonight, which is par for the course for ANY goalie in a Devils net not wearing #30.

Clemmensen is not Martin Brodeur. Weekes is not Martin Brodeur. If we were to ride either of them the way we rode Brodeur the last few years, they would break down by February. Weekes will get another chance in net, probably/hopefully/rightfully next week in either Toronto or Buffalo. Deal with it.

Does someone want to explain to him that Clemmensen fvcking sucked last night in a far superior effort from the team? Far, far, superior effort? He almost singlehandedly turned a 5-1 game into a loss.

He's got to freaking realize that they are going to need to use both goalies and he needs to live with it. Clemmensen can't play 80% of the games and if he does, the 20% that you get out of Weekes are going to tend to be crap because of rust. Not getting the rust off of Weekes is going to end up biting them in the ass unless Clemmensen keeps his stats at a Marty clip. Bets on whether or not that's going to happen?

BTW, the joke goal a 1:10 in the game was because Oduya decided to ignore a guy who had what, 22 goals at that point? If he's going to pull a Wade Redden, guess what, it doesn't fvcking matter who the goalie is.

Edited by maxpower

This quote from Elias is terrific, regarding his penalty that led to the Sabres making it 3-2:

"I think that was very questionable there," Elias said. "If anything, it should have been both guys because he went flying (when he fell). It reminded me a little bit of soccer. When the game is on the line, that was the game."

I thought the same thing.. I thought the reaction of the Sabre who was "tripped" was late and a poor attempt to draw a penalty.. maybe the refs should wise up and quit being pussies and call a dive once in awhile.

This quote from Elias is terrific, regarding his penalty that led to the Sabres making it 3-2:

"I think that was very questionable there," Elias said. "If anything, it should have been both guys because he went flying (when he fell). It reminded me a little bit of soccer. When the game is on the line, that was the game."

I thought the same thing.. I thought the reaction of the Sabre who was "tripped" was late and a poor attempt to draw a penalty.. maybe the refs should wise up and quit being pussies and call a dive once in awhile.

There is a penalty for taking a dive? What's it called?

the ignore list is your friend. it really does work in this instance.

Wow, some of the hate for Weekes in this thread is just sad. It really is. Yeah the guy is no Roy but it's going to be tough for him to win when the team isn't firing on all cylinders. I think Clemmensen has been doing some great things but it can't be ignored that he has had better team efforts to work with. Weekes did not lose this game tonight and I highly doubt the outcome would have been different with Clemmensen. It's funny that Weekes is getting so much sh*t meanwhile there probably is not one Devils fan alive who believed that Clemmensen would tear it up the way he has after Marty got injured.

As for the game, My friend and I decided to go to this game even though it had loss written all over it from the very beginning. The Devils have been hot and just came off their biggest win of the year and buffalo has been struggling. It was just a perfect scenario for a loss. Winning at a 90% clip is not gonna last to long.

I don't know, I didn't think the Devils were that bad tonight but they just never found that extra gear. I'm not going to use it as an excuse but I really wasn't happy with that penalty on Elias in the third. At that point they still had a good chance of at least getting a point but that was just a lame ass call at least from where I was sitting. 4 on 3 is pretty much an automatic goal. And to not even earn one powerplay? Whatever. Elias was right, call the dive as well. The officiating has been very frustrating to say the least. No consistency whatsoever. One day there are 13 calls and the next game there are only 2 and anything goes, well at least for one team. In the end though it shouldn't have to come down to a questionable call from the zebras but again it's just frustrating to deal with all the inconsistency.

Edited by SickMan

Wow, some of the hate for Weekes in this thread is just sad. It really is. Yeah the guy is no Roy but it's going to be tough for him to win when the team isn't firing on all cylinders. I think Clemmensen has been doing some great things but it can't be ignored that he has had better team efforts to work with. Weekes did not lose this game tonight and I highly doubt the outcome would have been different with Clemmensen. It's funny that Weekes is getting so much sh*t meanwhile there probably is not one Devils fan alive who believed that Clemmensen would tear it up the way he has after Marty got injured.

As for the game, My friend and I decided to go to this game even though it had loss written all over it from the very beginning. The Devils have been hot and just came off their biggest win of the year and buffalo has been struggling. It was just a perfect scenario for a loss. Winning at a 90% clip is not gonna last to long.

I don't know, I didn't think the Devils were that bad tonight but they just never found that extra gear. I'm not going to use it as an excuse but I really wasn't happy with that penalty on Elias in the third. At that point they still had a good chance of at least getting a point but that was just a lame ass call at least from where I was sitting. 4 on 3 is pretty much an automatic goal. And to not even earn one powerplay? Whatever. Elias was right, call the dive as well. The officiating has been very frustrating to say the least. No consistency whatsoever. One day there are 13 calls and the next game there are only 2 and anything goes, well at least for one team. In the end though it shouldn't have to come down to a questionable call from the zebras but again it's just frustrating to deal with all the inconsistency.

You make good points. I must say, if there is anything ticking me as of late, it's the soft calls. The hooking calls especially are just down right ridiculous for the most part. They let the guys play in the playoffs, why are they so proactive during the regular season? Hockey is supposed to be a rough and tumble sport, not to mention they play on ice. I understand if there is blatant hooking, but these guys need to keep one eye on the puck, one eye on the stick and grow a few more eyes to keep an eye out for people trying to clean their clocks. Let them play for crying out loud.

Edited by Biggie B

Weekes played poorly but I steadfastly REFUSE to blame this loss on the goaltender. I think that perhaps NO goalie could've turned this game into 2 points for the Devils, not even Brodeur.

The team was FLAT from beyond the 1st period. Does some of that have to do with giving up an extremely early goal? Maybe, but why the control of play for the remainder of the period despite being down 1? Moreover, why the LACK of this control once we had taken the lead or the score remained tied after 2 periods?

Again, Weekes played poorly. I think all 4 goals can be chalked up to decisions he made resulting in poor defensive situations for the Devils, be it failure to cover the puck or failure to direct a rebound to the proper channels. However, as I said, the team as a whole was flat. Colin White was once again the 6'5" fairy in his own end, a complete shadow of the player he was a mere night ago against the Rangers.

Moreover it certainly doesn't help that Sutter continues to run out our least productive offensive line, the 3 steps slow combination of Rolston Madden and Pandolfo, who all looked to have aged roughly 50 years in the past several weeks. Rolston in particular continues to look terrible and I start to wonder both about his health and his remaining gas in the tank.

To blame this game entirely upon Weekes is not seeing the forest for the trees and to say that Clemmensen of all goalies could've possibly turned in any other outcome in this game is laughable. Anyone who watched the Pittsburgh game that we actually won could tell you that. Both of our current netminders have a tendency towards giving up terrible rebounds in completely inopportune times. This is going to continue and we as fans will have to face it. These guys aren't Brodeur and the team in front of them cannot come out and play for hard for 20 minutes and expect to get any points out of it. No one is going to bail their asses out this time and its going to take full 60 minute efforts each night out to stay afloat til March.

Edited by mikeford

Boring Game, sh!ty crowd( really section 231 and the whole mezzanine got dominate by 2 dozens of sabres Fans). I Almost got into a Fight with a count, because my yell was interupting the game, I 'm should told her to call security. I mean come on if you want to watch a gmae you stay home in your couch scratching your ball, but if you be part of the game, you face frezzing wheather and yell your lungs off.

The whole game was boring and weak, no ofense, no defense just some players runnnig around. Yes I don't like weekes but I don't like his style, clemmy just got more balls to do some "tricks" outside of the net. but weekes just stay on the net and yet let 4 goals in.

Just to damm mad for everthing happened tonight inside and out the rink.

worst game I attend

Finally got back (my train was held up in Long Branch ... ugh). I'm glad to see so many people here sticking up for Weekes. This loss was not his fault. The team simply stopped working midway through the second. A team that doesn't work doesn't draw penalties, doesn't score and doesn't win.

The Madden line is awful. Rolston doesn't look like himself yet, Pandolfo's contract is looking like it never should have happened and Madden just looks painfully useless. I'd rather see the Holik line get third line minutes and see Pando-Madden-Rolston used as a fourth line. It'll never happen because that line is getting paid way too much for fourth line minutes, but still...

The highlight of the night for me was Langenbrunner's Stevens-esque hit in the first. The rest of the game was just blah.

It's not that SD hates Weekes it's that he falls in love with players and then everything that player does is amazing and any player who competes with that player has to be torn down.

It was Greene last year and it's Clemmer right now. Any attempt to be middle of the road on his guys is unfair and ridiculous.

Completely, Utterly, wholeheartedly, 100 percent spot-on.

It all doesn't really matter because once Andy Greene comes back we will never lose another hockey game again.

Well he's the ultimate front-runner since he (and everyone else) was screaming for Weekes after Clemmensen's game against the Caps, but then after Clem had a few good games Weekes somehow became garbage even though the only game in this stretch he played before last night he won. He is a dedicated fan and poster but I can see why people on HF couldn't stand him.

btw just because a goalie gives up a rebound doesn't make it a bad goal out of hand - it depends on what kind of shot's taken and where the rebound's kicked out to. Besides, if there's one thing that worries me about Clemmensen he has hideous puck control at times.

But we have to expect this from these two goaltenders. I never would have dreamed the Devils with Marty on IR could go a stretch winning 9 of 10 with some of the tough games they've had. The biggest byproduct is that the offense has stepped up big-time to compensate, they know they can't rely on Marty to steal points. Even the D has to an extent if what dr said in another thread was true about not giving up two on ones.

Edited by Hasan4978

Well, we all saw this coming. Personally, I think Weekes should get the next start. A weaker team and he needs to work the rust out of his game. The Devs are going to be playing a lot of games in the upcoming weeks and we are going to need both goalies to be playing well. To sit Weekes for 3 weeks at a clip is not good for any goaltender. I know that Clemmer has been hot and the team has played great in front of him. Last night could easily have been a win. The team was just off slightly. How many pucks were just out of reach? How many plays did Elias and Zubrus make that couldn't be finished? It was one of those games. I would like Sutter to give Weekes a chance to play a game where we either weren't emotionally drained or physically tired.